Windows 10: Can I recover files without an Operating System?

Discus and support Can I recover files without an Operating System? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC won't boot so I decided to reinstall Windows on it. I inserted a bootable USB and botted on to it. I started installing Windows on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimorAverbuch, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Can I recover files without an Operating System?

My PC won't boot so I decided to reinstall Windows on it. I inserted a bootable USB and botted on to it. I started installing Windows on my computer and then I realized that all data on my disk will be lost. So I aborted the installation.

I opened the CMD via the USB and when i type dir C:, I can the disk is empty besides $Windows.BT file.

Now, I know there are programs that recover data from formated disks but I can't launch my PC to use them.

Is my data lost? Is there any way I can get it?

:)

TimorAverbuch, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Aug 16, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Aug 16, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Can I recover files without an Operating System?

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Can I recover files without an Operating System?

1. Can I recover files without an Operating System? - Similar Threads - recover files without

2. RAW file system USB can not be recovered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAW file system USB can not be recovered: Hello everyone! Please help me out!So I have a Kingston USB 3.0 32GB. I used Ventoy to create a multi-boot USB. But after the program ran successfully, the USB could not be accessible: "You need to format the disk in drive F: before you can use it"I checked the status in Disk...
  3. RAW file system USB can not be recovered

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW file system USB can not be recovered: Hello everyone! Please help me out!So I have a Kingston USB 3.0 32GB. I used Ventoy to create a multi-boot USB. But after the program ran successfully, the USB could not be accessible: "You need to format the disk in drive F: before you can use it"I checked the status in Disk...
  4. RAW file system USB can not be recovered

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can i restore system from recovered file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can i restore system from recovered file?: I have to restore the system to a restore point that windows deleted for some reason, I've recovered the file using a third party program, I don't even know the ectension but i have to recover the system fromthis file, that judging by the name must be a system restore file,...
  6. How can i restore system from recovered file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i restore system from recovered file?: I have to restore the system to a restore point that windows deleted for some reason, I've recovered the file using a third party program, I don't even know the ectension but i have to recover the system fromthis file, that judging by the name must be a system restore file,...
  7. How can i restore system from recovered file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can I recover encrypted files with EFS without having key.pfx file ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I recover encrypted files with EFS without having key.pfx file ?: [ATTACH]So I know that this is answer but my files are not recovered. I had some encrypted efs folder in win 7 pc that was in office domain. Upgraded to win10, there was some issue, so had to format C$. Now my encrypted folder is in d drive but I guess the key was in C drive....
  9. Laptop without an operating system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop without an operating system: So im gonna order a lenovo legion 5 for a good price but it does not come with an operative system at all.Does the usb free windows 10 download still work? submitted by /u/JabbatheHutt21 [link] [comments]...
  10. How can I make a USB stick to recover the operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make a USB stick to recover the operating system: Hello, Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, please help me to make a USB stick for recovery of the operating system. The steps I have to do for this operation. Thank you! Wait for response! A great day!...