Windows 10: Can I recover files without an Operating System?

Discus and support Can I recover files without an Operating System? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC won't boot so I decided to reinstall Windows on it. I inserted a bootable USB and botted on to it. I started installing Windows on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimorAverbuch, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Can I recover files without an Operating System?

My PC won't boot so I decided to reinstall Windows on it. I inserted a bootable USB and botted on to it. I started installing Windows on my computer and then I realized that all data on my disk will be lost. So I aborted the installation.

I opened the CMD via the USB and when i type dir C:, I can the disk is empty besides $Windows.BT file.

Now, I know there are programs that recover data from formated disks but I can't launch my PC to use them.

Is my data lost? Is there any way I can get it?

:)

TimorAverbuch, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Aug 16, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Aug 16, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Can I recover files without an Operating System?

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Can I recover files without an Operating System?

1. Can I recover files without an Operating System? - Similar Threads - recover files without

2. Repairing disk errors without an operating system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repairing disk errors without an operating system: I have no operating system because I have completely erased my hard disk. I would like now to check the hard disk for errors. Is there bootable software that can check for errors and repair them? Any help would be appreciated. 129929
  3. operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    operating system: whenever I try to open a word document it says the operating system is not configured to open this document. What do I have to do to open my word documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system/c4038303-90c0-4db4-a2de-f75eaf6bc74d
  4. How can I switch between windows 10 operating system & mac operating system on my iMac

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I switch between windows 10 operating system & mac operating system on my iMac: how can I switch between windows 10 operating system & mac operating system on my imac * Original title: os systems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-switch-between-windows-10-operating/6e7c2d02-d3d4-4ccf-953a-d584ecfa4655
  5. How can I recover ALL FILES....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I recover ALL FILES....: How can I recover ALL FILES that were deleted when a RESTART program was run...my PC currently shows NO FILES... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-recover-all-files/e7cf9f45-3adc-4cd1-9358-5cbe94d15c51"
  6. How can I recover files that were deleted by the system because there was a critical error?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I recover files that were deleted by the system because there was a critical error?: I never had a chance to backup my files and out of no where my Windows 10 Pro system suffered a critical error. To move pass the critical error, the computer had to delete apps that weren't preinstalled by Windows. Unfortunately, My Pictures and Sticky Notes were deleted. The...
  7. How can I make a USB stick to recover the operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make a USB stick to recover the operating system: Hello, Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, please help me to make a USB stick for recovery of the operating system. The steps I have to do for this operation. Thank you! Wait for response! A great day!...
  8. how can I reformat my operating system drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I reformat my operating system drive: How can I reformat my operating system drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-can-i-reformat-my-operating-system-drive/c143a95e-b4d6-492b-a085-ba82f5ef972b
  9. How can I recover old files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover old files?: Hi there , So in like 2014 I used to play a game and now I am playing it , I would like to get those 2014 files to get the older version of the game as in the file there will be a .fp file. I would like to get that .fp file of 2014 , Today I have the latest updated files of...
  10. No operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No operating system: Hii, I had formatted my C: drive accidentally. I have windows 10 pen drive but I am not able to install windows 10. Please help me. 79718