Windows 10: Can I reduce the size of Snipping Tool images? Windows 10

Discus and support Can I reduce the size of Snipping Tool images? Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm currently setting up a new Lenovo Legion Y520. The snipping tool on it produces images that are HUGE compared with my older HP laptop. For example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taffy087, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Can I reduce the size of Snipping Tool images? Windows 10

I'm currently setting up a new Lenovo Legion Y520. The snipping tool on it produces images that are HUGE compared with my older HP laptop. For example, I keep a diary of WU changes and this shows the differences:

Can I reduce the size of Snipping Tool images? Windows 10 e45acb4c-6d6a-447b-8b40-15283abfe234?upload=true.png

How can I reduce the size of my snips on the Lenovo please?

PS I've used "Performance & System failures" as the topic - it's not really a failure as such. If this is in the wrong Category/topics etc would a Moderator please move this as appropriate please. TIA

:)

Taffy087, Aug 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Can I reduce the size of Snipping Tool images? Windows 10

Snipping Tool Enlarging Images

Hi Heather,

Snipping Tool has various options on how you can capture images in your computer. To change it to normal snipping, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Snipping Tool, then click it.
    • Click New.
    • Click the drop-down menu in New.
    • Select Rectangular Snip.

Can I reduce the size of Snipping Tool images? Windows 10 195dfe08-d9e4-4694-a095-177bf32f9b11.png

Let us know if this works for you.

Johann Eva, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Can I reduce the size of Snipping Tool images? Windows 10

1. Can I reduce the size of Snipping Tool images? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - reduce size Snipping

2. Why can the snipping tool no longer save images?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can the snipping tool no longer save images?: I want to take a picture of a part of my screen and save this picture to a file.Why is this no longer possible?I press 'print screen', the snipping tool UI opens and works, but then.... there's no dialogue box or any response after I've taken the snip. I know that the snip...
  3. Why can the snipping tool no longer save images?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can the snipping tool no longer save images?: I want to take a picture of a part of my screen and save this picture to a file.Why is this no longer possible?I press 'print screen', the snipping tool UI opens and works, but then.... there's no dialogue box or any response after I've taken the snip. I know that the snip...
  4. how to reduce size of image on canvas

how to reduce size of image on canvas: how do I reduce the size of an image on canvas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-size-of-image-on-canvas/3c9605ca-e5ed-4313-a17e-0cefa107e5f3
  5. Snipping Tool: Snip of Video Screen Shows Black image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool: Snip of Video Screen Shows Black image: On my HP Spectre x360 when using the snipping tool, instead of showing the image I just snipped in this case a snip from a video I just get a blank or black screenshot. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? Please note that I did not have this issue with my Microsoft...
  6. Snipping Tool Changing Image Color?!

Snipping Tool Changing Image Color?!: Hi, I have been using the Snipping Tool for a long time and like it. Today, for the first time, it changed the color of the image I am trying to snip. It did the same thing in the new Snip & Sketch. It overlays a darker reddish tint, changing yellow to orange and green or...
  7. Reduce font size in Windows 10

Reduce font size in Windows 10: To enable my camera I made few changes in WIndows 10 (can't trace back). After that suddenly all my fonts look bigger. The names of desktop icons, names of folders, docs and softwares, the toolbar in Office, the toolbar in Google in IE, the headings and icons of an opened...
  8. Snipping Tool images freezing on screen

Snipping Tool images freezing on screen: Hi I have a persistent error with Snipping Tool in Windows 10 that has plagued me for month or so. I used the tool to capture two screen images and that worked fine, they automatically downloaded in Picture folder. However the images remain frozen on my screen and I...
  9. Snipping tool image too big!

in Windows 10 Support
    Snipping tool image too big!: When using the snipping tool in 10, I have noticed that the completed image is far too large for desktop background, this was not so when i first upgraded to 10, any help welcome, not very technical, so help please. 31833
  10. File size not reducing when changing image size

in Windows 10 Support
    File size not reducing when changing image size: I have a 16 mg image, 4500x3000. I resized all the way down to 100x100 and the file size won't change from 12.4 or so. This is true for all photos in a certain file I downloaded from online. They are appliance products. I tried downloading a random, even larger image from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snipping tool paste size too big

2. reduce size of snip image

3. snip and sketch reduce file size

4. how to reduce the size of a snip in snipping tool,
  5. reduce snip siz,
  6. reduce size of the snip toll pic,
  7. reduce size of snip,
  8. why are my snipping tool images so large,
  9. how to reduce image size for snipping tool,
  10. reduce the size of a snip,
  11. microsoft snipping tool file size,