Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri

Discus and support Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; HI all, So what I'm planning to do is upgrade my rig with an SSD, but I don't really want to lose my files. Is there a way to refresh Windows, and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by galactose, Jul 31, 2015.

1. galactose Win User

HI all, So what I'm planning to do is upgrade my rig with an SSD, but I don't really want to lose my files. Is there a way to refresh Windows, and have the "refreshed" install and my files on a separate drive than what Windows was originally installed on?

:)

galactose, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Pinkie Tuskedero Win User

Can I, the admin. get a separate password then the one used to access the web, to obtain my email so other family members cannot access it? ( without opening separate accounts for everyone)

*Original TItle: outlook

Can I, the admin. get a separate password then the one used to access the web, to obtain my email so other family members cannot access it? ( without opening separate accounts for everyone)

Pinkie Tuskedero, Jul 31, 2015
  3. JohnSmith531 Win User

If you're talking about web access to Outlook.com then the only way to do that is to tell your web browser not to remember your password.

If you're talking about the Windows 10 Mail app, then no you can't.

JohnSmith531, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

No you can't do exactly that.

You can however transfer your data over to the new drive. It's pretty simple of a procedure.

Do you want to do that?

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  5. galactose Win User
    Yes, I could do that, is this a good software for it? http://www.paragon-software.com/tech...ate-OS-to-SSD/

galactose, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri - Similar Threads - refresh install separate

1. Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps: I did a refresh on my Windows 10 desktop the other day, to see if it would free up space on my boot drive by eliminating stuff I didn't use. That seems to have worked, but I am getting errors in Windows update: [img] and also installing MS Store apps: [img] I have tried...
  2. Can't get dism to work even after refresh install .clueless

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get dism to work even after refresh install .clueless: No idea what is going on here. Dism was returning errors so I did a bunch of things literally spent 3 hours doing standard stuff. Finally found old usb stick so I could do a refresh install overnight. . Keeping apps etc but then when I woke up and tried the dism command again...
  3. Clean install vs refresh or restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install vs refresh or restore: Back with XP/7 and maybe 8 doing a format and clean install was the prefered way to install an OS or to fix errors I have updated to win10 from 8 which carried over all my previously installed programs, but was considering a clean install via usb and reinstalling all the...
  4. Refresh/Reset/Clean Install on Activated Free Upgrade Version?

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh/Reset/Clean Install on Activated Free Upgrade Version?: I have a laptop that came with Win7/8 that I upgraded to Win10 while it was free. The hard drive failed, so I replaced it, restored the OS to Win8 from backup, then upgraded back to Win10 and says it's activated. I have purchased a new laptop and want to sell this one,...
  5. Clean Install or Refresh ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Install or Refresh ?: Because of some problems I want to reinstall Windows 10. I have done a repair reinstall twice and not entirely happy. I get the error on shutdown that Explorer can't write to a memory location and my memory has been tested (memtest86). There is also a display problem with...
  6. Windows 10 Refresh from installation media

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Refresh from installation media: Can a Windows 10 Refresh be done from installation media? 71302
  7. Taskbar keeps refreshing, no iCloud or IDT Audio installed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar keeps refreshing, no iCloud or IDT Audio installed.: I had this problem before, but I was able to fix it by disabling the Windows error reporting service on my computer, but ever since the most recent update to Windows 10, the problem has returned. I have read all of the forum posts about uninstalling iCloud and IDT Audio, but...
Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri solved