Windows 10: Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri

Discus and support Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI all, So what I'm planning to do is upgrade my rig with an SSD, but I don't really want to lose my files. Is there a way to refresh Windows, and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by galactose, Jul 30, 2015.

1. galactose Win User

Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri

HI all, So what I'm planning to do is upgrade my rig with an SSD, but I don't really want to lose my files. Is there a way to refresh Windows, and have the "refreshed" install and my files on a separate drive than what Windows was originally installed on?

:)

galactose, Jul 30, 2015

2. Can I, the admin. get a separate password then the one used to access the web, to obtain my email so other family members cannot access it? ( without opening separate accounts for everyone)

*Original TItle: outlook

Can I, the admin. get a separate password then the one used to access the web, to obtain my email so other family members cannot access it? ( without opening separate accounts for everyone)

Pinkie Tuskedero, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Can I, the admin. get a separate password then the one used to access the web, to obtain my email so other family members cannot access it? ( without opening separate accounts for everyone)

If you're talking about web access to Outlook.com then the only way to do that is to tell your web browser not to remember your password.

If you're talking about the Windows 10 Mail app, then no you can't.

JohnSmith531, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

No you can't do exactly that.

You can however transfer your data over to the new drive. It's pretty simple of a procedure.

Do you want to do that?

Hydranix, Jul 30, 2015
  5. galactose Win User
    Yes, I could do that, is this a good software for it? http://www.paragon-software.com/tech...ate-OS-to-SSD/

galactose, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri - Similar Threads - refresh install separate

2. Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?: I have two drives, one SSD and one HDD both connected to my motherboard. I have windows installed on both them. I use the SSD as the main boot and my main OS. I performed a simple driver update on the Storage Controller from Device Manager and when I restarted I got hit with...
  3. Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?: I have two drives, one SSD and one HDD both connected to my motherboard. I have windows installed on both them. I use the SSD as the main boot and my main OS. I performed a simple driver update on the Storage Controller from Device Manager and when I restarted I got hit with...
  4. Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?: Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?The computer will only use one SSD at a time. Will the UEFI settings, supposed it is stored in the computer and not in the SSD, messed up?...
  5. Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?: Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?The computer will only use one SSD at a time. Will the UEFI settings, supposed it is stored in the computer and not in the SSD, messed up?...
  6. New install, do I need a separate admin and user account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New install, do I need a separate admin and user account?: Hello, I’m doing a new windows 10 install. Is it still wise to have a user account that you use daily and a separate admin account even if you’re the only one using the pc? Also, when initially installing all updates and drivers and various programs and browsers, should I be...
  7. Can I have Windows 10 installed on two separate drives in the same system?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I have Windows 10 installed on two separate drives in the same system?: Hi, I have a PC with 2 drives. Drive 1 has Windows 10 installed. Drive 2 is a storage drive, but I would also like to install another copy of Windows 10 on it. I unplugged Drive 1, installed Windows 10 on Drive 2, and everything was fine. Then, when I plugged Drive 1 back...
  8. Can I separate the Windows Desktops from the separate Monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I separate the Windows Desktops from the separate Monitors?: I have my device extended to a external display. I can create additional desktops to separate and manage my open applications and switch between them Windows-TAB But what I cannot do is switch to a different Desktop on my external display without it also switching the...
  9. Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers: hi guys, i recently bought one new battery for my asus and noticed something odd. I put the laptop to sleep the other day and i think i had 30% or something, then when switched the power on it had 0% after only 7-8 hours of MY sleep :). this is like the 3rd time happening...
  10. I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders: For example, if I use File Explorer and create a folder in the C:\ directory, i wont be able to see it or edit the name without clicking f5 or refreshing the directory. This becomes annoying as if if i extract a file/folder or rename a folder, I wont see the change without...