Windows 10: Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri

Discus and support Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI all, So what I'm planning to do is upgrade my rig with an SSD, but I don't really want to lose my files. Is there a way to refresh Windows, and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by galactose, Jul 30, 2015.

1. galactose Win User

Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri

HI all, So what I'm planning to do is upgrade my rig with an SSD, but I don't really want to lose my files. Is there a way to refresh Windows, and have the "refreshed" install and my files on a separate drive than what Windows was originally installed on?

:)

galactose, Jul 30, 2015

2. Can I, the admin. get a separate password then the one used to access the web, to obtain my email so other family members cannot access it? ( without opening separate accounts for everyone)

*Original TItle: outlook

Can I, the admin. get a separate password then the one used to access the web, to obtain my email so other family members cannot access it? ( without opening separate accounts for everyone)

Pinkie Tuskedero, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Can I, the admin. get a separate password then the one used to access the web, to obtain my email so other family members cannot access it? ( without opening separate accounts for everyone)

If you're talking about web access to Outlook.com then the only way to do that is to tell your web browser not to remember your password.

If you're talking about the Windows 10 Mail app, then no you can't.

JohnSmith531, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

No you can't do exactly that.

You can however transfer your data over to the new drive. It's pretty simple of a procedure.

Do you want to do that?

Hydranix, Jul 30, 2015
  5. galactose Win User
    Yes, I could do that, is this a good software for it? http://www.paragon-software.com/tech...ate-OS-to-SSD/

galactose, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I refresh Windows, and then have the new install on a separate dri - Similar Threads - refresh install separate

2. I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files: I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files. Can I disable the refresh and enable it happing automatically?...
  3. how can i tell if i have net is installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can i tell if i have net is installed?: how can i tell if i have net is installed on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-can-i-tell-if-i-have-net-is-installed/e9fed7c7-e7cd-4815-8478-781b1fa1ae00
  4. Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.: I want to do clean install of W10, rundll32.exe was uninstalled and now I am having booting errors, but still am capable of booting windows. I got this error after do a systems check, logfile D:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I think I uninstalled...
  5. Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.: I want to do clean install of W10, rundll32.exe was uninstalled and now I am having booting errors, but still am capable of booting windows. I got this error after do a systems check, logfile D:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I think I uninstalled...
  6. Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps: I did a refresh on my Windows 10 desktop the other day, to see if it would free up space on my boot drive by eliminating stuff I didn't use. That seems to have worked, but I am getting errors in Windows update: [img] and also installing MS Store apps: [img] I have tried...
  7. Install Windows 7 on a separate partition

Install Windows 7 on a separate partition: Hello, I have an existing Windows 10 PC. I have a 1TB hard drive, and I want to make a partition and install Windows 7 on that partition. Microsoft says that installing the older operating system last can "render your system inoperable", so I'm not sure. Obviously, Windows 10...
  8. how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder?: Hi i hope someone can help me, ive been trying different phrases for days tryin to find an answer,*Sad im running win 10 pro 32 and the way i have file explorer set up is in List view in name order, the problem i have is because there are soo many folders when i right...
  9. Moving Windows installation to a separate partition

Moving Windows installation to a separate partition: How can I separate my Windows installation files and put them in a separate partition (And leave some room for updates if necessary), or instead leave it where it is, but move the rest to a separate one? Right now everything is on C:\ and I want the installation part to maybe...
  10. Can i install windows 10 on my new SSD?

Can i install windows 10 on my new SSD?: Hello I just bought a new SSD and obviously i would prefer to install Win10 on that instead of my HDD. My question is this: "will i be able to install Win10 on this since my new SSD obviously don't have Win 7 on it." This might be a stupid question but i hope...