Windows 10: Can I regain use of my SD card?

Discus and support Can I regain use of my SD card? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 64 GB SD Card which is about 50% free. It has been used as an additional backup for files, no longer required. I want to use it in my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clayto, Jul 11, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Can I regain use of my SD card?

I have a 64 GB SD Card which is about 50% free. It has been used as an additional backup for files, no longer required. I want to use it in my new Android MiNote 7 phone, to replace a 1 GB card which will soon be full. But I am now unable to either delete the Windows files, or to format the card. I have tried many times, using my PC and an Android Tablet. I have tried both quick and full format. Some apps seem to go through the delete and format procedures and report 'done' but the files are still in place (especially annoying in the case of a full format).

The phone can read and open files (not much use) but in addition to not being able to delete them they cannot be moved or cut and pasted. Is there any way I might be able to format the card, other than the usual procedures in Windows or Android? It would be wasteful to just bin a card with 64 GB.

:)

clayto, Jul 11, 2019
  2. dorsetknob, Jul 11, 2019
  3. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Can I regain use of my SD card?

SD CARD

All appps are installed in phone memory. There is no way around this. You can install a game FROM the SD card but it is then installed in the device's main memory.

STEP 1: Copy all the .xap files which you want to install in your Windows 8 phone to your SD card.

STEP 2: Now go to Start -> Store -> SD card and wait for few minutes for all the .xap files to be loaded.

STEP 3: Select the app which you want to install -> Select Install option.

STEP 4: If your apps are compatible then you can see them in the Compatible apps list if not it will be shown in the Incompatible apps list.

STEP 5: Once you have successfully installed the apps, you can see those apps listed in the Apps list from start.

http://windows8search.com/forum/how-install-xap-files-windows-8-phone-2630.html

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Can I regain use of my SD card?

1. Can I regain use of my SD card? - Similar Threads - regain card

2. How can I regain access to my Microsoft account without access to the phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I regain access to my Microsoft account without access to the phone number?: I got a unusual sign in attempt about 5 days ago and since then have not been able to get access into my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-regain-access-to-my-microsoft-account/a412fdcd-1c60-4ca8-bdd1-a14cf998f043
  3. How can I regain access to my Microsoft account without access to the phone number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I regain access to my Microsoft account without access to the phone number?: I got a unusual sign in attempt about 5 days ago and since then have not been able to get access into my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-regain-access-to-my-microsoft-account/a412fdcd-1c60-4ca8-bdd1-a14cf998f043
  4. How do I regain access to my Windows OS and Outlook account after installing Ubuntu 22.04?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I regain access to my Windows OS and Outlook account after installing Ubuntu 22.04?...: I have installed Ubuntu 22.04 in my laptop which already has windows 11 in it. After installation of Ubuntu when I tried to login to my windows OS again it asked for the bitlocker key. So, I logged into my Outlook account for which also it asked for that security key which as...
  5. How do I regain access to my Windows OS and Outlook account after installing Ubuntu 22.04?...

How do I regain access to my Windows OS and Outlook account after installing Ubuntu 22.04?...: I have installed Ubuntu 22.04 in my laptop which already has windows 11 in it. After installation of Ubuntu when I tried to login to my windows OS again it asked for the bitlocker key. So, I logged into my Outlook account for which also it asked for that security key which as...
  6. Regain access to Onedrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regain access to Onedrive: Hackers have access to my passwords and have secured access to my Onedrive account, but not my Microsoft account. I am entirely blocked out of my Onedrive and cannot log in. Now I am getting notifications that my account is so full that I cannot use my email unless I buy more...
  7. Regain access to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regain access to Onedrive: Hackers have access to my passwords and have secured access to my Onedrive account, but not my Microsoft account. I am entirely blocked out of my Onedrive and cannot log in. Now I am getting notifications that my account is so full that I cannot use my email unless I buy more...
  8. Regain access to Onedrive

9. How to regain locked email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to regain locked email: Hello my email it is locked. I cant remember my password and when I choose forgot my password the only available option it gaves me is the same email adress which is locked how I will be able to regain it please?...
  10. Can I regain use of my SD card?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I regain use of my SD card?: I have a 64 GB SD Card which is about 50% free. It has been used as an additional backup for files, no longer required. I want to use it in my new Android MiNote 7 phone, to replace a 1 GB card which will soon be full. But I am now unable to either delete the Windows files,...