Windows 10: Can I reinstall my free Win 10 upgrade after having to do a full reboot on my PC reverting...

Discus and support Can I reinstall my free Win 10 upgrade after having to do a full reboot on my PC reverting... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I downloaded the free Win 10 update when it was available a few years back and upgraded from Win 8.1. Two years ago my pc required a hard reboot from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidCurrie3, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Can I reinstall my free Win 10 upgrade after having to do a full reboot on my PC reverting...

I downloaded the free Win 10 update when it was available a few years back and upgraded from Win 8.1. Two years ago my pc required a hard reboot from disc reverting it back to running 8.1. I never bothered too much about it until now. With it being a free download, I never saved it to USB or had a product key. If I use the Win 10 installer would I be required to pay for the full version or would Microsoft recognise that I had previously used Win 10 on my PC and let me upgrade free again? Thanks.

:)

DavidCurrie3, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Darrel N Win User

I upgraded to WIN 10, but when I rebooted the next day, it reverted to WIN 7

I upgraded to WIN 10, but when I rebooted the next day, it reverted to WIN 7

Darrel N, Aug 18, 2020
  3. RWOne Win User
    windows 10 blocks google chrome - is this worth having?

7 is an excellent OS, but my dear, if you undertook install of win 10 onto your machine by yourself then reverted, that level is steps above what is needed to simply uninstall and reinstall Chrome on the PC afterwards!

If you want to stayy on 7, no worries, you have until next aug and can still upgrade for free.

I would suggest removing chrome in 7 (control panel, programs and features) and then upgrade to 10.

Then you would install Chrome again within 10 by going to:

Chrome Browser

RWOne, Aug 18, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

Can I reinstall my free Win 10 upgrade after having to do a full reboot on my PC reverting...

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Can I reinstall my free Win 10 upgrade after having to do a full reboot on my PC reverting...

1. Can I reinstall my free Win 10 upgrade after having to do a full reboot on my PC reverting... - Similar Threads - reinstall free upgrade

2. Do i have to reinstall win 11 after motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do i have to reinstall win 11 after motherboard upgrade: I am upgrading from a msi b550 to a msi x570 and will I need to reinstall windows because of the small chipset change.The cpu gpu and ram and ssd are same though....
  3. Do i have to reinstall win 11 after motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do i have to reinstall win 11 after motherboard upgrade: I am upgrading from a msi b550 to a msi x570 and will I need to reinstall windows because of the small chipset change.The cpu gpu and ram and ssd are same though....
  4. After doing an in place upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7, every time I reboot my PC my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After doing an in place upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7, every time I reboot my PC my...: So as the title said. In place upgrade from win 7 to win 10. 3 monitors. The PC has a nvidia GT210 graphics card. Whenever I boot up only one of the 3 monitors will be working. Not all 3 are plugged into the graphics card. The weird thing is that upon booting up and...
  5. My Windows 10 Free Upgrade PC HD crashed - Free reinstall?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 Free Upgrade PC HD crashed - Free reinstall?: I have an old PC that had an OEM Windows 8 install (and i do have that product key) that died - My SSD completely crashed and I have to install a new hard drive and start over from scratch. I still have my old Windows 8 install discs and the product keys, but I don’t know...
  6. I cant' reinstall win 10 on my PC.

I cant' reinstall win 10 on my PC.: I cant' reinstall win 10 on my PC. I used the fresh start to reset the PC. After resetting up to 48% a message showing" There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". Help me. I have tried download media creation tool and it is telling the version is not...
  7. How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?

How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?: Hi About 2 years ago, I upgrade my genuine copy of Win 7 to Win 10 from Microsoft's site directly for free, but after some month I uninstall it because of some errors. Now I want to know how can I install Win 10 for free again on the same computer? I have only my product key...
  8. Can I upgrade my computer after Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I upgrade my computer after Win 10 install: I upgraded 2 tablets and 2 laptops from Win 7/8.1 to 10 and so far so good. Even the wife likes it (that is huge). Now it's time to get Win10 onto my main/gaming computer (home build system). There are some things, I can't seem to find the answers to. What, how often and...
  9. Should I do a free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 in my situation?

Should I do a free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 in my situation?: I got Win 8.1 Pro about 6 months ago and I've been getting the free upgrade to win 10 offer. So I wouldn't be buying a new Win 10 key. From what I heard in another computer forum, I’ll be able to use a dual boot system with Win 8.1 OEM and Win 10 during my transition period...
  10. How can I do a full reinstall of Windows on my laptop?

How can I do a full reinstall of Windows on my laptop?: I have a Toshiba Satellite E45DW-C4210 (came preinstalled with Windows 10 so no disc obviously) & it came with some bloatware from Toshiba. I have no idea what other junk is on this machine. How can I do a "fresh" wipe or whatever you want to call it so only Windows 10 is...