Windows 10: Can I reinstall this OEM Windows 10 with rescue USB

Discus and support Can I reinstall this OEM Windows 10 with rescue USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It's kinda funny... one would spect an OEM partition or something, but there isn't any, unless I need to check in another app if there is something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FerchogtX, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Avocado Win User

Can I reinstall this OEM Windows 10 with rescue USB

SOURCE: How Windows 10 achieves its compact footprint - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog

"We are also redesigning Windows’ Refresh and Reset functionalities to no longer use a separate recovery image (often preinstalled by manufacturers today) in order to bring Windows devices back to a pristine state. This reduces Windows’ storage footprint further as the recovery image on typical devices can range in size from 4GB to 12GB, depending on the make and model."

Avocado, Dec 27, 2016
  2. TrustMe Win User

I'll bet your computer came with a Provisioning Package placed there by Acer.

I first learned about the Provisioning Package in this thread. Pay close attention to DavidY posts.

Creating a Recovery Drive . . . Is it Machine Specific?

Check out this guide DavidY made. Part one explains how to check if your computer came with a Provisioning Package. After you run the command, and if it returns a file, DO NOT continue with the tutorial. Acer must have placed it there.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

I just learned about this myself. My friend bought his daughter a Levono computer and asked me to set it up. I noticed the same thing as you, no oem (or factory) recovery partition. I started searching and found the thread above. When I ran the command, it returned a file. I'm guessing yours will too.

TrustMe, Dec 27, 2016
  3. FerchogtX Win User
    Well, with that reading, I'm learning this:
    - Including System Files can enable me to reinstall Windows 10 on a new drive in this laptop, which answers my question totally.
    - This drive will include a ppkg file, that now includes the OEM preinstalled stuff, instead of having to rely on a OEM partition (thanks Windows 10 for getting rid of that crap), so, using this drive to reinstall Windows 10 on a blank new drive will include all customizations Acer added to this PC, just as if they reinstalled this from factory.

How do I assume this:
    - By reading both @Avocado and your posts
    - Looking at the location in the tutorial, there exists a usmt.ppkg of 2 GB aprox in my system, which pretty much matches all what I was wondering about this recovery process

So basically, the USB I created (which explains why it needed more than a 8 GB USB flash drive) helps me reinstalling this Windows 10 OEM version into a new clean drive, it will activate and recover the OEM stuff that came with it.

If I'm correct in this assumptions, I have nothing more to say rather than, THANKS A BUNCH for this information!

FerchogtX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can I reinstall this OEM Windows 10 with rescue USB

1. Can I reinstall this OEM Windows 10 with rescue USB - Similar Threads - reinstall OEM rescue

2. Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives?: How much hard drive space do I need to use ideally for a good games storage from the Microsoft store? Installing a new one and its got 2 terabytes this pc. But dunno whether its gonna fit cause of all the red wire cabling that I been told not to remove by someone we unplugged...
  3. Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives?: How much hard drive space do I need to use ideally for a good games storage from the Microsoft store? Installing a new one and its got 2 terabytes this pc. But dunno whether its gonna fit cause of all the red wire cabling that I been told not to remove by someone we unplugged...
  4. Rescue USB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Rescue USB: Windows 10 home 2004. If I make a Macrium Rescue USB, does it have to be the only thing on that USB drive? Or can I put additional Macrium backups on it too? Thanks, cb 168966
  5. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM key: I am switching my Windows laptop to Linux, but I want to keep the possibility to revert to windows if I ever have the need to. Is it possible to save only the OEM key and reinstall the OS and have it properly activated? Do I need to keep an .iso image of the system?...
  6. reinstall windows 10 pro on oem system

reinstall windows 10 pro on oem system: hey all Need some help!!! i have a oem system that I just bought about 2 months ago. it was upgraded to a window 10 pro 64 legally. when Microsoft did there wonderful update on april 14th my files got corrupt and now i can do anything. I downloaded iso files from...
  7. Rescue USB drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rescue USB drive: I want to make Thumb drive for an emergency startup in case of a crash. I can't remember how. I'm running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rescue-usb-drive/e466de17-146d-49b6-b346-03cba2067c41
  8. Reinstallation oem

Reinstallation oem: I wonder if it is possible to reinstall a harddrive in a computer as many times as I like with the oem dvd sort of windows 10. When a I got a computer from my parents for a few years ago there was a following dvd media that was supossed to be used only for reinstallation in...
  9. Prepare a USB drive for Rescue Disk on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prepare a USB drive for Rescue Disk on Windows 10: I have my USB drive of 16 gb-- actually Win10 reads it as 14gb. To use this USB stick as the sole device for Rescue Repair, what is necessary to do the task? As mentioned the USB is recognized at This PC in Windows 10. But I'm getting an error when I try to do the routine....
  10. How can i reinstall windows 10 using usb

How can i reinstall windows 10 using usb: Hello guys as i posted before my laptop wont work and im stuck on repair boot loop. I have tried everything like system restore, safemode, cmd bootrec/rebuild bcd. except reinstalling windows10. Can someone please tell me how to install windows 10 because when i bought the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootable usb to repair windows oem preinstalled