Windows 10: Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated?

Discus and support Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I ask this question to make sure. Currently I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10 but I found out my processor can support 64 bit. If I was to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OvershotEagle17, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated?

Hello. I ask this question to make sure. Currently I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10 but I found out my processor can support 64 bit. If I was to reinstall Windows 10 with the 64 bit version, I will still have my license activated right?

:)

OvershotEagle17, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Pehla Win User

windows 10 licencing and image backup??

i lost one genuine licence that i got for being a insider..,i added one more ssd to my pc and wanted to do a fresh install in raid 0 but that just didnt work as my pc didnt want to activate,even after talking to a microsoft help desk didnt find solution!! so afterwards i used cracked windows 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10 and that activation is still on my pc,and is still genuine *Smile Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated? :)
    i wanted to keep that one but i gues its not just motherboard...,its motherboard AND cpu!!!

Pehla, Mar 17, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated? :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Mar 17, 2020
  4. kps-uk Win User

Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated?

Reinstalling Windows 10 without a licence key

Hi,

I have a 10 year old laptop which originally was running Windows Vista. Due to the manufacturer date of the laptop, I was entitled to the free upgrade to Windows 7, which I kept until the roll-out of the Windows 10 upgrade. When my laptop upgraded to Windows
    10, I did not pay for the upgrade and did not receive a licence key.

1. If I go to the Windows 10 download tool and select install with the 'keep Nothing during the upgrade' option, will I require a licence key?
    2. Can I build the laptop from scratch if it was originally a Visa machine or will I need to step from Vista to 8.1 to 10?
    Regards

Keith

kps-uk, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated?

1. Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated? - Similar Threads - reinstall still licence

2. Activating digital licence on a computer after formating and reinstaling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating digital licence on a computer after formating and reinstaling Windows 10: I've recently build a new computer and I've successfully activated my digital licence to my new computer from my old one I originally bought a windows 10 Home Product key, but over the long years i have lost the paper containing the code. Now I've run into some Issues with my...
  3. How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?: I wanted to do a fresh install of windows 10 on my hp laptop after upgrading my HDD to SSD. It did not came with any windows 10 product key so i am wondering how can i do the upgrate without buying a new copy of windows 10 ?...
  4. How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?: I wanted to do a fresh install of windows 10 on my hp laptop after upgrading my HDD to SSD. It did not came with any windows 10 product key so i am wondering how can i do the upgrate without buying a new copy of windows 10 ?...
  5. How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 licence and activation

Windows 10 licence and activation: Hi, I need to transfer Windows 10 licence from a person who left the company to my account, and further, I need to activate Windows. What are the steps to follow?...
  7. I (still) have problems with activating my Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I (still) have problems with activating my Windows 10 Home: Hi. I made a post about this recently (which was ignored) and I'm trying it again. I had an Athlon X2 desktop with windows 10 home installed. I laso have an A8JS laptop. I decided I want to use that laptop and so I unistalled windows from the Athlon pc and removed it from my...
  8. How can I have my windows still activated after reinstall if I forgot my product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I have my windows still activated after reinstall if I forgot my product key?: How can I have my windows still activated after reinstall if I forgot my product key? I need to reinstall windows beacause it has some issues and I want to still have my windows activated how can I do that? Please help me as soon as possible....
  9. say I have digital licence but not activated

say I have digital licence but not activated: I am getting same problem it was upgraded from 8.1 ran all above it keeps giving the error and says trouble shoot which say it has a digital licnce upgrade now it reboot and still the same ------------------ Licensing Data ---------------- ToolVersion : 10.0.18362.1...
  10. Licence will expire, but I have it activated

Licence will expire, but I have it activated: Hello Microsoft; I recently got this message stating that my Windows 10 Pro licence will expire soon, but I have it activated using an activation service. I had to backup everything, and update my computer to the current build, in order to prepare for this. Because I'm...