Windows 10: Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives?

Discus and support Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How much hard drive space do I need to use ideally for a good games storage from the Microsoft store? Installing a new one and its got 2 terabytes this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by k1ants, May 30, 2021.

1. k1ants Win User

Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives?

How much hard drive space do I need to use ideally for a good games storage from the Microsoft store? Installing a new one and its got 2 terabytes this pc. But dunno whether its gonna fit cause of all the red wire cabling that I been told not to remove by someone we unplugged which was disuse for now then plug it back in then blowed on it but now it needs to have windows 10 installed i don't know to do with it the power button bounces that aint a problem to me right now right now the problem is where will I be buying a good usb drive for windows 10 to go on because funny enough i done that once to boot into it but it wouldn't stay booted i got it to copy to the drive rooted windows then it boot but now it crashed cause i got done for something i'm not allowed to discuss but im recognised on here from before. And I think i just need to carry a normally. I'll look like some people but the more clever argument seems to reinstall windows and concentrate on gaming and helping my local community when i get on my nhs group which is open so the nhs lent me a hand i just had some stuff returned to me. so now I believe i got it right but don't know. I don't know. Microsoft windows version 20h2 (build.09042.985) Thank you Ant - - - Updated - - - How much hard drive space do I need to use ideally for a good games storage from the Microsoft store? Installing a new one and its got 2 terabytes this pc. But dunno whether its gonna fit cause of all the red wire cabling that I been told not to remove by someone we unplugged which was disuse for now then plug it back in then blowed on it but now it needs to have windows 10 installed i don't know to do with it the power button bounces that aint a problem to me right now right now the problem is where will I be buying a good usb drive for windows 10 to go on because funny enough i done that once to boot into it but it wouldn't stay booted i got it to copy to the drive rooted windows then it boot but now it crashed cause i got done for something i'm not allowed to discuss but im recognised on here from before. And I think i just need to carry a normally. I'll look like some people but the more clever argument seems to reinstall windows and concentrate on gaming and helping my local community when i get on my nhs group which is open so the nhs lent me a hand i just had some stuff returned to me. so now I believe i got it right but don't know. I don't know. Microsoft windows version 20h2 (build.09042.985) Thank you Ant I got a big base pc desktop.

:)

k1ants, May 30, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 30, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 30, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives? - Similar Threads - reinstall USB drives

2. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive: I managed to screw up Windows 10 with the installation of incorrect ASUS drivers for my motherboard. Unable to boot into Windows. Big mess. I tried two of two restore points and tried reinstalling Windows from the Helpful Blue Screen. No luck with either. Exhausted other...
  3. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive: I managed to screw up Windows 10 with the installation of incorrect ASUS drivers for my motherboard. Unable to boot into Windows. Big mess. I tried two of two restore points and tried reinstalling Windows from the Helpful Blue Screen. No luck with either. Exhausted other...
  4. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop, and I’ve been trying everything to get it fixed. I installed the media creation tool onto a USB drive with 32gb of storage and I can’t figure out how to use it to do a fresh Windows 10 install. I can’t get past the blue...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop, and I’ve been trying everything to get it fixed. I installed the media creation tool onto a USB drive with 32gb of storage and I can’t figure out how to use it to do a fresh Windows 10 install. I can’t get past the blue...
  7. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives?

Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives?: How much hard drive space do I need to use ideally for a good games storage from the Microsoft store? Installing a new one and its got 2 terabytes this pc. But dunno whether its gonna fit cause of all the red wire cabling that I been told not to remove by someone we unplugged...
  9. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive

Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive: Hi, I used the creation tool to make the USB successfully. I set the Laptop to boot from USB. The process took approximately 8 hours and shut down at the end of it. I did not see if there was any message at completion My question; Should I now remove the USB and try to...
  10. Issues with reinstalling from USB drive

Issues with reinstalling from USB drive: A couple of days ago, due to some issues with Windows updates that weren't completely installed on my computer, my laptop crashed and has since then been unable to move past the Lenovo logo screen. I decided to create a Windows 10 installer USB drive and then followed the...