Windows 10: Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?

Discus and support Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I want to upgrade from a mechanical hdd to an nvme and install windows on that one. this hard drive will be formatted. can i use my product key on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexCretu1, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?

Hi! I want to upgrade from a mechanical hdd to an nvme and install windows on that one. this hard drive will be formatted. can i use my product key on that drive given that the current one will not contain it anymore?

:)

AlexCretu1, Apr 26, 2020
  2. mep916 Win User

lost windows activation key, need new free os thats just as easy as windows

I confirmed this, although it listed a different product key than the one given for my copy of XP. 0.o

mep916, Apr 26, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Different Product Keys

Hi Ikkena

The product key that Powershell command returned is the correct product key

However, you will never need it, Windows 10 licencing is totally different to previous versions of Windows. When you initially activated Windows on your PC a unique identifier for your PC was generated form your hardware and that is stored on the Microsoft
    Activation Servers in the form of a digital entitlement for your PC to run Windows 10.

If you check your Activation (Settings - Update and Security - Activation) you will see that Windows 10 is activated with a digital licence

Should you ever need to re-install Windows 10 in the future, since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10
    on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

DaveM121, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?

Different Product Keys

I am trying to determine the product key for system incase I need to reinstall windows. I have a windows 10 install along with a product key I used to activate windows. However when I run this command in powershell "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get
    OA3xOriginalProductKey" I get a different product key. Which of these keys is the correct product keys is the correct key I should record?

IkennaOkafor, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?

1. Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key? - Similar Threads - reinstall different drive

2. CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY: Recently , I bought a new ssd , i have original windows installed in my hdd , so can I install the windows on ssd using the same product key that of in hdd? Is it possible , and both hdd and ssd are in same device , plz help...
  3. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  4. Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

Can i use the same product key in the same pc?: Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media....
  5. reinstall using product key

reinstall using product key: i had to clear my computer after i installed MSO using product key. i am not able to reinstall with same key now. HELP i am not good with computers so please be patient. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?: so my computer got stuck in the mode where everything is deleted and you have to reinstall windows, and this product key was used on this computer to install windows originally, can i use it again? submitted by /u/Africa1By1Toto [link] [comments]...
  7. Same Product IDs, Different Keys

Same Product IDs, Different Keys: Hello, We have two Lenovo P330 Windows 10 Pro boxes with embedded keys. After setting up one of the units, we decided to clone it to the other new PC. The activation worked without issues, and I'm seeing the proper keys, but the product IDs are matching. This is causing...
  8. Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?

Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?: Hello. I got my key as a gift ~2 years ago Home edition. I need to downgrade my Windows 10 build to the very old one. I know what I'm doing and I don't have a system restore point because I didn't even have this build installed. So, can I use the same key on the same PC...
  9. Can I reinstall genuine windows 10 after formatting with same product key?

Can I reinstall genuine windows 10 after formatting with same product key?: I have mistakenly given administrator setting to an Email account I don't have access to. If I format my windows will I able to get genuine windows 10 with same product key and make new administrator?...
  10. Can I use dual OS with same product key?

Can I use dual OS with same product key?: Hello, I have two windows operating systems Win7 & Win10 on my pc. Win7 is activated however the other is not. Is it possible to activate the Win10 OS with the same product key?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windows 10 be reinstalled on same computer on different drive