Windows 10: Can I reinstall windows to my computer with product key?

Discus and support Can I reinstall windows to my computer with product key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to delete Windows 10 on my ssd, if i want to install windows 10 again after i delete, is the product key will be enough to reinstall windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/addictedtonewideas, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Can I reinstall windows to my computer with product key?

I want to delete Windows 10 on my ssd, if i want to install windows 10 again after i delete, is the product key will be enough to reinstall windows 10?

submitted by /u/addictedtonewideas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/addictedtonewideas, Oct 28, 2020

2. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Hi NAUFAL

I am an independent advisor here to help

in this situation but you will have is a digital product key or product license attached to the motherboard of the computer. There is no traditional product key to be had in the situation. When reinstalling Windows 10 you will see on the screen that asks you
    to enter the activation key that you have the option to skip that step. Go ahead and skip that step, after set up as long as there is an active internet connection the Windows activation servers will read the digital activation license from the motherboard
    of the computer and activate for you.

The only situation where this would not apply is if you have changed or upgraded the motherboard in your computer

TechGuy_82, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM product key

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Can I reinstall windows to my computer with product key?

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Can I reinstall windows to my computer with product key?

1. Can I reinstall windows to my computer with product key? - Similar Threads - reinstall computer product

2. How can I see if my Windows product key allows for reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I see if my Windows product key allows for reinstalling Windows: Hello,So my PC is very old and I've recently upgraded some of the parts.I plan to reinstall windows to get everything to properly work again, but I'm afraid the product key I have was a single use one.I'm unsure if the Windows key is stored in the HDD that was in the original...
  3. How can I see if my Windows product key allows for reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I see if my Windows product key allows for reinstalling Windows: Hello,So my PC is very old and I've recently upgraded some of the parts.I plan to reinstall windows to get everything to properly work again, but I'm afraid the product key I have was a single use one.I'm unsure if the Windows key is stored in the HDD that was in the original...
  4. How can I see if my Windows product key allows for reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. product key and reinstalling windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key and reinstalling windows ?: I activated my device with windows 10. then shortly asked if I wanted to upgrade to a better more fast and safer design windows 10 enterprise I did shortly before it started the form. I had the info. on the the product key asked to down load it with a flash drive I didn't...
  6. Reinstall product key

Reinstall product key: hi already l have product key have i can reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-product-key/5b23a23d-7eac-4f64-aabf-38cccf021afe
  7. Reinstalling Windows with Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows with Product Key: Over the break and in the past few months I've been waiting to do a full system wipe to start from scratch on my PC. The primary reason is that I am installing a new 500 gb m.2 SSD so I wanted to make that my boot drive, but also wanted to get rid of anything I didn't and...
  8. Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Reinstalling Windows Product Key: I recently reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer. I had it activated beforehand and it was working perfectly fine, but after reinstallation it wasnts another product key? Am I supposed to use my first product key?...
  9. Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?

Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?: Hi! I want to upgrade from a mechanical hdd to an nvme and install windows on that one. this hard drive will be formatted. can i use my product key on that drive given that the current one will not contain it anymore?...
  10. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...