Windows 10: Can I remotely turn on the location of my Laptop?

Discus and support Can I remotely turn on the location of my Laptop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop has been stolen, and while "Find My Device" is turned on, the location isn't. Is there a way I could remotely turn this setting on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidLamoureux-Charron, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Can I remotely turn on the location of my Laptop?

My laptop has been stolen, and while "Find My Device" is turned on, the location isn't. Is there a way I could remotely turn this setting on.

:)

DavidLamoureux-Charron, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to turn on the Location from the Location Settings.

Hi Rafiul,

It is possible that the
    GPS chipset
    is not working properly causing your location settings to be
    disabled or cannot be turned on. Kindly run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on the
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue
    persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 25, 2020
  3. regan1985 Win User
    turn laptop off with remote?

im looking for a remote and or software that will allow me to turn off my laptop!

the reason i want to do this is the laptop screen is broken so i am using it as a media pc behind my tv and streaming wirelessly from my pc using xbmc so i kind havent got the complete media centre as i have to keep getting up and turning on the laptop

regan1985, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Can I remotely turn on the location of my Laptop?

Location not turning on my Laptop

Hello Tharun,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern about the issue and help you out.

I would require more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Please specify the steps tried by you turn on the location?

• What is the exact and complete error message you get when you try to turn ON?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Which antivirus program is installed on the computer?

I would suggest you to check if the following service is enabled. if it is enabled, disable and re-enable the service.

• Click on Start.

• Select settings > Privacy > Location.

• Select Change, and then turn
      Location for this device on or off .
    The Change button controls the Windows location service for the device, including all user accounts on the device. The
    Change button only appears for admin accounts. (Every device has at least one admin account—usually an admin is the person who set up the device.) If you have an admin account on your Windows 10 device, select
    Change, and then turn Location for this device on or off .

You can refer the following link for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/location-service-privacy

Hope it helps. Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Can I remotely turn on the location of my Laptop?

1. Can I remotely turn on the location of my Laptop? - Similar Threads - remotely turn location

2. Hi my laptop was stolen in the airport, I did not turn on the locate my laptop service, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my laptop was stolen in the airport, I did not turn on the locate my laptop service, but...: As I described in the title* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-laptop-was-stolen-in-the-airport-i-did-not/f10dbc2c-177e-4a23-ad99-ce1c1e70d073
  3. Hi my laptop was stolen in the airport, I did not turn on the locate my laptop service, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi my laptop was stolen in the airport, I did not turn on the locate my laptop service, but...: As I described in the title* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-laptop-was-stolen-in-the-airport-i-did-not/f10dbc2c-177e-4a23-ad99-ce1c1e70d073
  4. How can I locate my stolen Lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I locate my stolen Lenovo laptop?: Find the IP address for my stolen laptop? * Moved from Internet Explorer/IE11/Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-locate-my-stolen-lenovo-laptop/09b55cf7-1b0e-4f41-96b4-9c3d38b0ace0
  5. How can I locate my stolen Lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I locate my stolen Lenovo laptop?: Find the IP address for my stolen laptop? * Moved from Internet Explorer/IE11/Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-locate-my-stolen-lenovo-laptop/09b55cf7-1b0e-4f41-96b4-9c3d38b0ace0
  6. How can I locate my stolen Lenovo laptop?

7. Can you remotely turn ON location on missing laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you remotely turn ON location on missing laptop: Someone please help me. My mom shipped my laptop which was never delivered to me. I found out how to lock the laptop remotely, but the battery is 0% so won’t lock until whoever has it, charges it. I have another computer. Can I turn ON the location services on the missing...
  8. Can you remotely turn ON location on missing laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you remotely turn ON location on missing laptop: Someone please help me. My mom shipped my laptop which was never delivered to me. I found out how to lock the laptop remotely, but the battery is 0% so won’t lock until whoever has it, charges it. I have another computer. Can I turn ON the location services on the missing...
  9. Can you remotely turn ON location on missing laptop

10. I am not able to turn on LOCATION for my Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am not able to turn on LOCATION for my Laptop: I am not able to turn ON Location services on my Laptop I have Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition. I have tried every way out there on the web eg: everything on this blog...