Windows 10: Can I remove 0-9, A, B, C...Z category display from start menu?

Discus and support Can I remove 0-9, A, B, C...Z category display from start menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Start menu is unnecessarily giving 0-9, A, B, C...Z category which I think is just a waste of precious screen real estate. Without this also, if we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vsrawat, Apr 25, 2016.

1. vsrawat Win User

Can I remove 0-9, A, B, C...Z category display from start menu?

Start menu is unnecessarily giving 0-9, A, B, C...Z category which I think is just a waste of precious screen real estate.

Without this also, if we know that the list is alphabetically sorted, we could reach to what we want. This category display doesn't add anything just makes my mouse scroll more.

I think w7 start list was without this category display, and was just a single sorted this. I want something like that.

so, can I remove 0-9, A, B, C...Z category display from start list?

:)

vsrawat, Apr 25, 2016

2. E71 - Keys z, x, c, b, n, m and 7, 8, 9, 0 are not working at all

I have been using E71 for the last 3 years, but for the last couple of months I have the following problem.

E71 - Keys z, x, c, b, n, m and 7, 8, 9, 0 are not working at all.

Whenever I took the mobile to Nokia Care, They used to rectify and return in a couple of days, but the same problem crops again. Oflate these kays have gone fully dead.

Please someone help me.

sureshavula, Apr 25, 2016
  3. E71 - Keys z, x, c, b, n, m and 7, 8, 9, 0 are not working at all

Despite replacing the key pad, the problem persists. Nokia Care had replaced twice in an year's time.

sureshavula, Apr 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

The Win 10 start menu is relatively inflexible. Further, the LHS fails to represent a legacy start menu using folders and subfolders reliably or correctly, and lacks any form of configuration.

If you want a start menu that is more flexible and very straightforward for desktop programs, you need a 3rd party start menu of which there are several. I use Classic Shell (free) and can also launch Win 10's start menu with a key combination.

dalchina, Apr 25, 2016
  5. Stardock's Start10 resembles the new Start menu with or without tiles but without the latest revision seen. This is where the 0-9, alphabetical is now being seen in the preview for the upcoming 1st annersary general release in July! The Stardock account runs for $4.99 per pc unless opting for 5-10 and sends out regular updates. You have the original 7 Start menu as well as the new Modern with or without the Metro tile section!

Can I remove 0-9, A, B, C...Z category display from start menu? [​IMG]

Can I remove 0-9, A, B, C...Z category display from start menu? [​IMG]

The second screen is a look at the Modern without Metro! What you get is normal reastate rather then an encyclopedia index! The revision is intended more towards touchscreen and why the Power(shutdown options), Settings, File Explorer, Network, User account logged into are now icons along the bottom left instead of underneath everything. The graph icon representing the Start button while the menu is open closes up the list of programs to highlight the icons.

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I remove 0-9, A, B, C...Z category display from start menu? - Similar Threads - remove category display

2. Remove ads from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove ads from Start Menu: Can we finally remove the ads from the Start Menu?Or why do you need more than the $150 I already paid you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ads-from-start-menu/bad8b655-6579-4a15-b100-c993169b51cf
  3. Removing spam from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing spam from Start Menu: What do I have to do to remove the spam from the Start Menu. I keep asking and it keeps not being an option.And if it can't be done. show me in the code why or else you all are being lazy and not giving me the answers....
  4. Removing spam from Start Menu

Removing spam from Start Menu: What do I have to do to remove the spam from the Start Menu. I keep asking and it keeps not being an option.And if it can't be done. show me in the code why or else you all are being lazy and not giving me the answers....
  5. Remove folder from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove folder from start menu: I want to remove the applications from the folder. I want them to appear in alphabetical order without being in folder. IT something hard to find an application when it's located in these folder. For example: I want to open windows PowerShell from start menu and I start...
  6. Remove folder from start menu

Remove folder from start menu: I want to remove the applications from the folder. I want them to appear in alphabetical order without being in folder. IT something hard to find an application when it's located in these folder. For example: I want to open windows PowerShell from start menu and I start...
  7. How can the restart button be removed from the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can the restart button be removed from the start menu?: Since restarting my computer is a hassle and a no-go I would like to remove the restart button from the start menu. This would ensure that should I forget that my computer doesn't restart I don't accidentally choose it while my mind is occupied with some task like I did...
  8. Remove cortana from start menu

in Cortana
    Remove cortana from start menu: Seeking for assist on removing cortana from start menu. Tried the method below 1) using registry set 0 value on “AllowCortana” to disable. 2) On desktop, right click to hide cortana None of the above, work to remove cortana from start menu. please assist....
  9. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  10. How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?

How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?: I have a lot of programs installed and have my own toolbars to access them. Seeing all those programs on the Programs list of the start menu is distracting. All I really want is the folders that house subprograms. The only option offered is to uninstall but not to remove from...