Windows 10: Can I remove a cmd line entered by mistake

Discus and support Can I remove a cmd line entered by mistake in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have entered this cmd, thinking it was necessary "%ProgramFiles%\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe" setextradata "windows98"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seansheehan, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Can I remove a cmd line entered by mistake

I have entered this cmd, thinking it was necessary

"%ProgramFiles%\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe" setextradata "windows98" VBoxInternal/USB/HidMouse/0/Config/CoordShift 0

but I didn't need to and it is preventing me using the program.

Is there a way of undoing or removing this cmd? I have not entered any other cmd since this one?

Thank you.

:)

seansheehan, Jan 29, 2021
  2. NightPoet Win User

CMD formatting by mistake!!!

Hello,

I just finished formatting an external hard disk using the cmd.

Unfortunately, I followed up a video explaining all details, but there was something missed!

I did a list volume to avoid any mistake, but in the end all my data got deleted!!

I really need all of them and I have no backup at all!!

I did not close the cmd yet hopping if there is any solution.

please advise with thanks.

NightPoet, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Can I remove a cmd line entered by mistake

CMD formatting by mistake!!!

First, I would like to make a wish list to get more information if possible.

Can you share the video?____

(before taking further steps to find what went wrong)

Care to explain further that you made a list a volume to avoid mistakes? _____

Are you willing to write up exactly or close to, each step you took? _____

(This will help to find the real status of the HDD)

What type of HDD you own? ________

What size is the HDD?_______

Did you deleted the partition? ________

Did you formated again? _______

Did you write on the new partition?______

(Hope not, for it will be more complicated to recover data)

Format of an HDD may destroy/corrupt some data type but it is possible to recover by using advanced programs like EaseUS Partition Recovery. Depending of how much you have done after deletion there may be hope. It will not be an easy task and depending of
    the level of formatting used, you may have back most of your data.

My best advice is :

1. Do not repartition and write anything after disconnecting/connecting or turning off/on that drive. If you have written anything after that format event, things get more complicated.

2. If you have valuable data missing, I suggest you to take the HDD to a PC expert if your have not much experience in computer hardware.

3. If you feel up to the task then Google up until you have more than one source of information and programs under your wing before trying to do more damage to the deleted data.

4. You must install the recovery programs on a different partition than your normal OS if you want to get better results, but it is not required. Since it is an external HDD and have no issues with OS files, you just need to have it recognized by your PC. Some
    external HDD have their own utility program and upon first recovery they can go back to the prior stage. All depends in brand and utility.

Now, since you were able to hit that key to run the format command, I assume you either had been misinformed or lack experience in using PC hardware. Either way, there is hope only if you make your mind to risk doing a DYS or the trip to the PC shop.

Last, it is not going to be cheap, unless you are technical savvy, have patience and time and enough experience with similar scenarios.

Armando Campo, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Can I remove a cmd line entered by mistake

1. Can I remove a cmd line entered by mistake - Similar Threads - remove cmd line

2. wuauclt.exe CMD command lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wuauclt.exe CMD command lines: 04/22/2022 - 10:59Hello,I am studying in a computer science school, and I work in a telecommunication company sandwich course. I have a project to do to validate my year.I have a Windows server 2012 R2.My goal is to update my computer with command lines.I have the constraint...
  3. wuauclt.exe CMD command lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wuauclt.exe CMD command lines: 04/22/2022 - 10:59Hello,I am studying in a computer science school, and I work in a telecommunication company sandwich course. I have a project to do to validate my year.I have a Windows server 2012 R2.My goal is to update my computer with command lines.I have the constraint...
  4. CMD line for unninstal KB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CMD line for unninstal KB: Hi,how can be possible and in which way create command line for unninstal e.g. KB update "Update for Microsoft Office 2016 KB5002160 64-Bit-Edition", please?Thank you....
  5. CMD line for unninstal KB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD line for unninstal KB: Hi,how can be possible and in which way create command line for unninstal e.g. KB update "Update for Microsoft Office 2016 KB5002160 64-Bit-Edition", please?Thank you....
  6. CMD line for unninstal KB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake: Hey geeks, My PC was having some trouble from last few days, so during the chkdsk, it made one of my partition RAW. So, in order to repair it, I accidently ran clean command in diskpart of Command Prompt Admin on my 1 TB HDD. Then I closed the command prompt immediately...
  8. CMD formatting by mistake!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD formatting by mistake!!!: Hello, I just finished formatting an external hard disk using the cmd. Unfortunately, I followed up a video explaining all details, but there was something missed! I did a list volume to avoid any mistake, but in the end all my data got deleted!! I really need all of...
  9. I am getting a cmd line error

in Windows 10 Support
    I am getting a cmd line error: I am getting a cmd line error on a command line that I found online to stop and disable "wuauserv" so I am not bothered by Win up dates. It is not a permanent fix and I have to re do it once in a while. The update message is bellow: --------------------------- Important...
  10. can delete - i had a mistake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can delete - i had a mistake: my mistake, please delete*Smile 39396