Windows 10: Can I Remove Gray Pin Icon from Quick Access

Discus and support Can I Remove Gray Pin Icon from Quick Access in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, I could do with "costumizer god" before update 1909 (replacing with transparent icon) but now i can't. Can you help me please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stophart, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Can I Remove Gray Pin Icon from Quick Access

/u/stophart, Nov 21, 2019
  2. ISH
    ish Win User

Remove Gray Pin icon from Quick access Navigation Pane

For Pinned items in Quick Access in Win10 Navigation pane, a gray Pin icon is displayed beside each item.

Can it be removed or made transparent with Reshacker?

Note: I wanted to keep the Quick access feature so that I can still drag and drop in Nav pane.

Thank you

Note: Searching the forums did not bring up what i was Looking for

3. ISH
    ish Win User
    Remove Gray Pin icon from Quick access Navigation Pane

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread over the years, especially @mykou

I have been using another workaround.
    I just hide Quick Access and added my favorite folders to This PC using WinAero Tweaker.
    I feel this way explorer is much cleaner.

Can I Remove Gray Pin Icon from Quick Access [​IMG]

Cheers

4. Can I Remove Gray Pin Icon from Quick Access

How to remove an orphaned icon in quick access?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below settings and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+E” it will launch Windows Explorer.
    • Click on “View” and click on “Options”.
    • To restore the default settings, I suggest you to click on “Restore Defaults”.

Also you can remove the icon by logging as “Administrator” Mode and check if it helps.

Pin, remove, and customize in Quick access

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/pin-remove-and-customize-in-quick-access#v1h=tab02

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Can I Remove Gray Pin Icon from Quick Access

1. Can I Remove Gray Pin Icon from Quick Access - Similar Threads - Remove Gray Pin

2. File removal from Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File removal from Quick Access: I permanently deleted a file which was located in 'Downloads'. However, it is still getting shown in 'Quick access'. If I try to remove it, it says Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. How can I remove the file from 'Quick access' which is still getting...
  3. File removal from Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File removal from Quick Access: I permanently deleted a file which was located in 'Downloads'. However, it is still getting shown in 'Quick access'. If I try to remove it, it says Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. How can I remove the file from 'Quick access' which is still getting...
  4. How to remove these quick access icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove these quick access icons?: I've been googling about this and I've found nothing to fix this problem. I don't know how to remove these icons. The one I found on google was just to remove the icons above This PC, not below it. Really appreciate if someone can help me out to get rid of this bug....
  5. Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access: I am using Windows 10 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on a new computer that has a SSD where I have installed my programs - C and a HDD D where I store my data. I have pinned two folders Documents and a folder that is within Dropbox that syncs to my HDD to my Quick Access menu. They...
  6. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...
  7. Remove Gray Pin icon from Quick access Navigation Pane

Remove Gray Pin icon from Quick access Navigation Pane: For Pinned items in Quick Access in Win10 Navigation pane, a gray Pin icon is displayed beside each item. Can it be removed or made transparent with Reshacker? Note: I wanted to keep the Quick access feature so that I can still drag and drop in Nav pane. Thank you...
  8. How can I remove "quick access"

How can I remove "quick access": How can I remove "quick access", or at least change the option to point to a file in the folder where I save it. Only after saving several files that were directed to "My Documents" (not on C:\ drive) did I find that I couldn't locate them. I finally found them on "quick...
  9. How to Remove the Blue "Quick access" Icon from the Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Remove the Blue "Quick access" Icon from the Desktop: In Windows 10, how do I permanently remove the 'Quick access' icon from my desktop? Here's what it looks like on my desktop: [img] Hopefully the following additional details will make it easier for someone to answer my question: I'm not asking how to remove the...
  10. Removing Quick access from the Navigation

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick access from the Navigation: How do you remove Quick access from the left side of your folders when you have the navigation enabled? I can remove all of the icons under it just fine, but I cannot remove Quick access as a whole. 9281