Windows 10: Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ?

Discus and support Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My dad created Microsoft family and I cannot download a file on my computer due to the restriction. Can I click on the button "Leave Family" to notify... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Michael Loesch1, May 3, 2019.

1. Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ?

My dad created Microsoft family and I cannot download a file on my computer due to the restriction. Can I click on the button "Leave Family" to notify him?

:)

Michael Loesch1, May 3, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 3, 2019
  3. PXMC Win User
    Removing Microsoft Family Account

I cant get access to any of my kids in the Family Account feature. There is only the ability to 'add members' not remove.

A moderator in response to another suggested the following fix.

"We appreciate your response. To further troubleshoot your concern with Microsoft Family Protection, we suggest that you disable the Family Safety feature using Command Prompt. To do so, Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key+ X, then click on Command Prompt (Admin). If ymanually ou are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    2. In the Command Prompt window, enter these commands:
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor" /Disable

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh" /Disable

3. Restart your PC.

Unfortunately for me, this does not work.

I get an 'error access is denied', ERROR: Invalid syntax. '/Change' option is not allowed more than '1' time(s) and finally ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh" does not exist in the system.

How do i solve this problem?

Thanks, Paul

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

PXMC, May 3, 2019
  4. Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ?

Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ?

1. Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ? - Similar Threads - remove myself Microsoft

2. I cant remove myself from family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant remove myself from family safety: when i the parent try to remove myself from the group , it just says it cant be done at that time , i dunno what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-myself-from-family-safety/d5e0276c-9f38-4875-b288-78743fe2c5cb
  3. I cant remove myself from family safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant remove myself from family safety: when i the parent try to remove myself from the group , it just says it cant be done at that time , i dunno what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-myself-from-family-safety/d5e0276c-9f38-4875-b288-78743fe2c5cb
  4. How to remove myself from a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove myself from a family: My account has randomly been added to a family some how and I don't recognise the email address. How can I remove myself from this family. My account has full child restrictions added and i cant buy anything from the store or go on google. My computer is used for work and I...
  5. How to remove myself from a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove myself from a family: My account has randomly been added to a family some how and I don't recognise the email address. How can I remove myself from this family. My account has full child restrictions added and i cant buy anything from the store or go on google. My computer is used for work and I...
  6. Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety: Not able to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety:"We're having trouble and can't remove [my name] from your family group right now. Refresh or wait and try again."...
  7. Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety: Not able to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety:"We're having trouble and can't remove [my name] from your family group right now. Refresh or wait and try again."...
  8. Unable to remove myself from Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Remove myself from Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove myself from Microsoft Family: I need to download something onto my computer but my dad put me in a family and restricted my usage. Will it notify him if I click the "Leave Family" button? * Moved from IE(other)/other ***Modify title from: Family***...
  10. removing myself from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing myself from family: the reason i have to ask this on here is because the microsoft support is absolutely useless, the "get help" app doesn't even work. I need to remove myself from my xbox family thing because my account is classed a "child" and this prevents me from buying game pass. I then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i remove myself from microsoft family

2. can kids remove themselves from parental controls microsoft

3. remove myself from microsoft family