Windows 10: Can I remove the FDos folder after I've installed Windows?

Discus and support Can I remove the FDos folder after I've installed Windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got a new laptop for Christmas and it came with FreeDos, so I had to manually install Windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10. I was browsing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Architeuthis, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Can I remove the FDos folder after I've installed Windows?

I got a new laptop for Christmas and it came with FreeDos, so I had to manually install Windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10. I was browsing through my files to see if everything is okay and I noticed a folder named "fdos". It is located in the D partition. I assumed it was something to do with FreeDos. Can I delete it now that I've installed Windows 10? It doesn't bother me, I'm just wondering.*sarc

:)

Architeuthis, Feb 6, 2017
  2. siddra Win User

Help plzzzzzzz.....N72 Messaging Memory Issue.

I've opened it after removing memory card. I can access msgs now Can I remove the FDos folder after I've installed Windows? :). The problem is now with one folder in "my folders" which has 2000+ msgs but it doesnt open. But i think after removing msgs from other folders, may be i can access it.

Thanks a lot!!!

siddra, Feb 6, 2017
  3. Photos app keeps re-syncing a folder I remove from it

I've had Windows 10 installed for a couple of days now, and whilst the Photos app is a nice add-on, I've hit a few snags with it. It keeps syncing the main photos folder into the app, even after I remove the pathway so it doesn't sync again. The picture
    folder has some sensitive documents stored in it (Like backups of personal details) that I don't want to make public to anyone who might use the PC and browse in the Photos app.

I've tried removing all folders, but they just get re synced after a reboot. I've tried adding a different folder along with removing the others, but said folder reappears. Is there any way to fix this?

Amatsukaze the Chocobotaur, Feb 6, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Can I remove the FDos folder after I've installed Windows?

If you want a really clean W10 installation with none of the carried over problems/software from previous installations I would suggest you wipe everything including all partitions and start with a truly clean W10 installation - see Windows 10 - Clean Install. Having already installed W10 once you will automatically activate from the digital rights now associated with your system, you can therefore skip any product key entry when it asks for this during the installation.

philc43, Feb 6, 2017
  5. I was just wondering if I can delete the folder, I wasn't asking for a W10 Clean Installation.

Architeuthis, Feb 6, 2017
  6. Yes you can delete the FDOS folder. It contains the supporting programs for Free Dos. Also check to see if you have "FCONFIG.SYS", "KERNEL.SYS" and "AUTOEXEC.BAT". You can get rid of those also.

storageman, Feb 6, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    I was just offering an alternative suggestion for dealing with left over programs. Most W10 installations benefit enormously from a clean install. But yes you can simply delete the folder. I'm not sure if it has any registry entries so a search for fdos in the registry will find any keys and you can choose whether to delete them.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can I remove the FDos folder after I've installed Windows?

1. Can I remove the FDos folder after I've installed Windows? - Similar Threads - remove FDos folder

2. How i can remove trusted installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i can remove trusted installer?: I'm having a problem with TrustedInstaller; it won't let me format an old hard drive, nor will it allow me to delete any folders from it, not even a games folder that I have. This issue arose after reinstalling Windows on a new SSD. I can't even install Python in the...
  3. How i can remove trusted installer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How i can remove trusted installer?: I'm having a problem with TrustedInstaller; it won't let me format an old hard drive, nor will it allow me to delete any folders from it, not even a games folder that I have. This issue arose after reinstalling Windows on a new SSD. I can't even install Python in the...
  4. Can I remove the Win 10 temp folder after update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I remove the Win 10 temp folder after update?: So I updated my windows, and It had to use my DISK D drive to put some of its filesnow the update is done, but the folders are still in my drive D, and they occupy 7gb So, can i delete those 2 folders...
  5. Can i remove app installers after they have been installed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i remove app installers after they have been installed?: I know this isn't a particular windows issue but I am asking because some .exe installers take up a lot of MBonly 3 of them, but they are basically the same installers and they were for different updates of the apps So, just asking, can I delete my .exe installersnot the...
  6. Can I remove this folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I remove this folder?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Haris1C [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdmo9u/can_i_remove_this_folder/
  7. can i remove a windows installer folder that contains malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can i remove a windows installer folder that contains malware: I have run a ms defender scan on the windows installer folder and it appears to contain 119 malware files. I have tried the usual methods of trying to remove them using ms defender but it doesn't remove them. Can i just delete the entire file with the folder?...
  8. Can I remove the 'Windows10Upgrade' folder?

Can I remove the 'Windows10Upgrade' folder?: My laptop has a very small storage capacity (28GB or something) and it keeps feeling me that it's storage is too low to update Windows 10. The Windows10Upgrade folder is nearly 2.5gb big, presumably from failed attempts to update, and if I could get rid of it, and maybe by...
  9. Can you delete the windows folder after installation?

Can you delete the windows folder after installation?: Can you delete the folder? It's taking up 11.5 GB of space on my SSD. submitted by /u/RUUGOOLE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcpxso/can_you_delete_the_windows_folder_after/
  10. How can i remove these ''Folders'' in This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i remove these ''Folders'' in This PC: Hello, i try to find a way how can i remove these Folders Foldere, my windows it's in Romanian language [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-these-folders-in-this-pc/f4117ef2-ab54-499f-8179-34457f556ec2