Windows 10: Can I remove the files off my external drive after I updated my PC to feature update 20H2

Discus and support Can I remove the files off my external drive after I updated my PC to feature update 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was wondering if I can remove the files off my external hard drive without it affecting my PC in anyway? I want to know before I disconnect/delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SerMolSurgeLULW, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Can I remove the files off my external drive after I updated my PC to feature update 20H2

I was wondering if I can remove the files off my external hard drive without it affecting my PC in anyway? I want to know before I disconnect/delete the files. An answer ASAP would really help me out.

:)

SerMolSurgeLULW, Jan 18, 2022

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 18, 2022
  3. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Can I remove the files off my external drive after I updated my PC to feature update 20H2

Can't install update on external hard drive?

Thank you for that information Laura.

Since the Update Assistant is still not offering the option to install updates in external drive, I suggest that you create a bootable media using a USB flash drive and another one where we will install the updates. See

Create Windows 10 installation media
    and follow the steps under "Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file)" to learn how.

Afterwards, follow the steps below on how to install updates :

• Connect both the USB flash drive with Windows 10 installation files
      and the other empty USB flash drive.
    • Double-click the Setup.exe file to launch the Windows 10 installation from the USB flash drive.
    • Select the Keep personal files and apps option to update your computer.
    • If you get the "Windows needs more space" option, click the
      Choose another drive
      or attach an external drive with 10GB available link.
    • Click Install
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process as necessary.

We appreciate your patience Laura. Don't hesitate to post back if you need more help.

Israel Arn, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Can I remove the files off my external drive after I updated my PC to feature update 20H2

1. Can I remove the files off my external drive after I updated my PC to feature update 20H2 - Similar Threads - remove files off

2. Can I remove the files off my external drive after I updated my PC to feature update 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I remove the files off my external drive after I updated my PC to feature update 20H2: I was wondering if I can remove the files off my external hard drive without it affecting my PC in anyway? I want to know before I disconnect/delete the files. An answer ASAP would really help me out....
  3. Can I remove the files off my external drive after I updated my PC to feature update 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I remove the files off my external drive after I updated my PC to feature update 20H2: I was wondering if I can remove the files off my external hard drive without it affecting my PC in anyway? I want to know before I disconnect/delete the files. An answer ASAP would really help me out....
  4. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20H2 Feature Update: I have lenovo 310 desktop. I have tried for months to upgrade to 20H2 but without success. I have tried everything but could not update. It prepares 100%, downloads 100% installs 100% but fails to restart every time and says undoing changes, any suggestions please...
  5. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20H2 Feature Update: I have lenovo 310 desktop. I have tried for months to upgrade to 20H2 but without success. I have tried everything but could not update. It prepares 100%, downloads 100% installs 100% but fails to restart every time and says undoing changes, any suggestions please...
  6. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. feature update 20h2

feature update 20h2: dear windows expert;i got a notification about the end of my windows10 release and a feature update being available...i tried MANY times to realize this update; all was unsuccessful...i got advice from you and following your stepsdeleting ALL previous updates and reinstalling...
  8. feature update to 20H2

feature update to 20H2: Is this an optional feature. Does it mean that it is installing the feature update on my computer? I'm not on 20H2. Does that supersede 1900? to whomever doesn't have the patience to help me, let someone else answer. I have had problems. thanks...
  9. RAW Drive after windows 10 feature 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW Drive after windows 10 feature 20H2 Update: Am using SSD M.2 for my laptop, C drive is working with out any issue but Unable to access MY F drive after windows 10 feature update, I have lot of important data on F Drive, How we can recover the files...
  10. I CAN NOT UPDATE MY PC

I CAN NOT UPDATE MY PC: I'm trying to update my PC with windows 10 but I can not update it, it shows me an error Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-update-my-pc/ac559fe1-76a7-4f12-885d-0fb70b7a7268