Windows 10: Can I remove the old "_restore" directories in Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I remove the old "_restore" directories in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; While trying to clean up my W10 boot drive before cloning to an SSD, I found what I believe is old junk in the System Volume Information folder. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AZMoosie, Sep 14, 2018.

1. AZMoosie Win User

Can I remove the old "_restore" directories in Windows 10?

While trying to clean up my W10 boot drive before cloning to an SSD, I found what I believe is old junk in the System Volume Information folder. Is it okay to get rid of that old "_restore" folder and files (11GB)?

:)

AZMoosie, Sep 14, 2018

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I remove the old "_restore" directories in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - remove old _restore

2. Is there anyway I can do to change the directory of my old programs and what would be the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway I can do to change the directory of my old programs and what would be the...: Hello, so I recently bought a new ssd to replace my boot drive. No problem there, however all the programs that where on that drive are now not able to run being that the path directory change that old drive letter from c: to d:. I know changing the boot drive letter is the...
  3. How can I find and remove old drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I find and remove old drivers?: I am trying to remove old drivers, specifically "Lycosa.sys" ver. 1.1.0.0Published name: oem42.infRazer USA Ltd.I am trying to turn on core isolation in windows 10, but I get the error:"Memory integrity cannot be turned on. Try resolving any incompatibilities with your...
  4. How can I find and remove old drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find and remove old drivers?: I am trying to remove old drivers, specifically "Lycosa.sys" ver. 1.1.0.0Published name: oem42.infRazer USA Ltd.I am trying to turn on core isolation in windows 10, but I get the error:"Memory integrity cannot be turned on. Try resolving any incompatibilities with your...
  5. How can I find and remove old drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation: I have followed a few threads on manual removal of the Windows.old folder after automatic methods do not work, and none that I have seen has addressed the particular version of the problem I am seeing, which is that there appears to be a hard link embedded in this folder,...
  7. I failed to remove directory in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I failed to remove directory in Windows 10: I cannot delete a directory. Usual permission edits didn’t allow me to remove the content and the directory. I assigned the rights of the administrator to myself – also no effect. I see the Defender shield near the feature Delete and Rename so I think the Defender might be...
  8. How can I remove old microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove old microsoft accounts?: How can I remove old microsoft accounts? I don't know how many I have. Some have @live.com, or hotmail.com etc.. Is there some place that lists all of them and lets me manage (remove ones no longer needed). Thanks * Moved from Insider...
  9. Windows updates removing Active Directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates removing Active Directory: Hi, I'm working with our domain - and every time that there is an update from windows 10 it's remove the dsa.msc command ( Active Directory Users and Computers ) so i need to reinstall it. I think it's connected to the "build" upgrades but i just want you to fix it so it...
  10. Window old directory in C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Window old directory in C drive: Hi All, After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade program from MS, the old windows 7 installation has been moved a folder call Windows.old. I am not sure if this is for reverting back to Windows 7 in case Windows 10 installation fails or for some...