Windows 10: Can I remove the Win 10 temp folder after update?

Discus and support Can I remove the Win 10 temp folder after update? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I updated my windows, and It had to use my DISK D drive to put some of its filesnow the update is done, but the folders are still in my drive D, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iiCaxZEK_Dark, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Can I remove the Win 10 temp folder after update?

So I updated my windows, and It had to use my DISK D drive to put some of its filesnow the update is done, but the folders are still in my drive D, and they occupy 7gb So, can i delete those 2 folders

:)

iiCaxZEK_Dark, Aug 20, 2021
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Aug 20, 2021
  3. %temp% folder access

I get it - you're typing %temp% in the Start menu search box. Yeah, you should see a result for the %temp% "File folder", but easier still is using the Run dialog instead (Win+R), or typing %temp% directly in File Explorer's address bar.

RobertJWin, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Can I remove the Win 10 temp folder after update?

Can't access win/temp folder in win 10

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issues.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Are you using Administrator or standard user account?
    • What exact error message do you get when you try to open Temp folder?
    Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to make sure you are using Admin user account and disable UAC temporarily and check.

Follow these steps.

• Open up the Start screen, search for UAC, and you should see an option for User Account Control settings. If you don’t, you’ll need to change to search through your Settings first, but then you should see it.
    • Drag the slider all the way to the bottom, the same as for the other versions of Windows.

Method 2: If the issues persists, enable build in admin account and check if that helps.

Follow these steps and check if that helps.

First you’ll need to open a command prompt
    in administrator mode
    by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator”.

Now type the following command:

net user administrator /active:yes

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

Can I remove the Win 10 temp folder after update?

1. Can I remove the Win 10 temp folder after update? - Similar Threads - remove temp folder

2. Growing number of files in Temp folder can not be removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Growing number of files in Temp folder can not be removed: I am running Windows 10 64 Bit on Dell Laptop since 2015 with a 500 GB nominal hard drive. It now is being used at about 96 GB of storage. I need to double check, but think that the laptop has 8 GB of RAM. On 2/14/2022 the Windows 10 system updated to 21H1. OS Build...
  3. Growing number of files in Temp folder can not be removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Growing number of files in Temp folder can not be removed: I am running Windows 10 64 Bit on Dell Laptop since 2015 with a 500 GB nominal hard drive. It now is being used at about 96 GB of storage. I need to double check, but think that the laptop has 8 GB of RAM. On 2/14/2022 the Windows 10 system updated to 21H1. OS Build...
  4. Growing number of files in Temp folder can not be removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ?

Can I delete contents of temp folder in appdata folder ?: Hi community ,Im falling short on disk space so i wanted to delete some unnecessary stuff . So , is it safe to delete contents in temp folder , which is located in Appdata folder . Pls provide me a suggestion .Regards,Manas...
  6. Can I remove this folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I remove this folder?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Haris1C [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdmo9u/can_i_remove_this_folder/
  7. folder lost after win 10 update

folder lost after win 10 update: after the latest Win 10 update a folder disappeared from my desktop. I would like to get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-lost-after-win-10-update/17af4f19-59eb-465d-8b4b-3a48211537bd"
  8. Unknown folders in Win Temp

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown folders in Win Temp: Hi, Does anyone know what are those empty folders in Windows/Temp, if and how can stop it? [img] They come on 1809 upgrade (same on clean install), usually after about 20min. of every restart. [img] This is what I see (in Event Viewer), always at the time of folders...
  9. Temp folder is win 10 is not showing the accurate size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temp folder is win 10 is not showing the accurate size: Dear expert, I am wondering why the size of the temp folder is not showing the accurate size as you see below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Temp folder %temp %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679