Windows 10: Can I remove the windows key and use it on another install?

Discus and support Can I remove the windows key and use it on another install? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to install windows on a new boot drive as my current boot drive is dying. So I want to know if I can just remove the windows key, format the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Feudal_Poop, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Can I remove the windows key and use it on another install?

I want to install windows on a new boot drive as my current boot drive is dying. So I want to know if I can just remove the windows key, format the current windows boot drive then install windows on the new drive and use the same key without any issues? I will only be changing hdd, everything else willl remain the same. Will I have to worry about some uefi bios or other security stuff?

submitted by /u/Feudal_Poop
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Feudal_Poop, Jan 21, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Can I remove the windows key and use it on another install?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Can I remove the windows key and use it on another install?

1. Can I remove the windows key and use it on another install? - Similar Threads - remove key another

2. My windows 8 key is using by another person how to remove it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 8 key is using by another person how to remove it: My windows 8 key is using another person who i don't know. I want to remove from using https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-8-key-is-using-by-another-person-how-to/36ac4040-3aac-403c-81d1-c9aad0ec1360
  3. My windows 8 key is using by another person how to remove it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 8 key is using by another person how to remove it: My windows 8 key is using another person who i don't know. I want to remove from using https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-8-key-is-using-by-another-person-how-to/36ac4040-3aac-403c-81d1-c9aad0ec1360
  4. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...: As in title. I can get a pretty cheap retail windows key on a keysite. But I would rather avoid the hassle of reinstalling windows and losing all my files just for a simple reactivation. I need a product key again because I changed motherboard and didn't bind my key to my...
  5. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...: As in title. I can get a pretty cheap retail windows key on a keysite. But I would rather avoid the hassle of reinstalling windows and losing all my files just for a simple reactivation. I need a product key again because I changed motherboard and didn't bind my key to my...
  6. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?: I have a windows laptop at the end of it's life. I am going to build another PC soon. Can I deactivate it's license and move it to my soon to be built PC?...
  8. Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?

Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?: I have a windows laptop at the end of it's life. I am going to build another PC soon. Can I deactivate it's license and move it to my soon to be built PC?...
  9. Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Can I map a key combination to another key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I map a key combination to another key?: I use windows 10 home and my keyboard doesn't support the pressing of 2 or more keys at once and to unlock cheat mode in a game I need to press 3 keys simultaneously C+H+E and because of my hardware limitations I want to press a certain key that will press these 3 keys at the...