Windows 10: Can I remove these other recovery partitions?

Discus and support Can I remove these other recovery partitions? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 Windows 10 (first version, current, and fast ring which I'm about to delete) on my PC and I also have 3 recovery partition. Can I remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Calmsea, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Calmsea Win User

Can I remove these other recovery partitions?

I have 3 Windows 10 (first version, current, and fast ring which I'm about to delete) on my PC and I also have 3 recovery partition. Can I remove the two other partitions but still my Windows won't be affected? Also, what 2 partitions should I remove? Can I remove these other recovery partitions? 229a966e-434f-4c99-b2f5-d92f59548f55?upload=true.png

:)

Calmsea, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Remove Recovery Partition and Go to Recovery Drive During HDD to SSD Upgrade

What I wanted

• Remove the recovery partition
    • Use a recovery drive

My view now is that the best solution is

• The migration software will not copy the recovery partition - effectively removing it from the SSD
    • Use a recovery drive. (I will use the control panel utility to put recovery tools on a usb flash drive - giving me a recovery drive to use.)

I believe my question is answered. Thank you for your help.

Edmond Danta, Sep 28, 2019
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Can I remove these other recovery partitions? :)

RyoTakagi, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I remove these other recovery partitions? - Similar Threads - remove recovery partitions

2. recovery partition missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery partition missing and other issues: My Alienware laptop bought last christmas now says I dont have tcm 2.0 . System is the admin account recovery partition was removed help please Alienware m15 R4...
  3. recovery partition missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery partition missing and other issues: My Alienware laptop bought last christmas now says I dont have tcm 2.0 . System is the admin account recovery partition was removed help please Alienware m15 R4...
  4. recovery partition missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible: Hi. I merged the recovery partition with another partition D: on the same disk. The resulting partition doesn't show up in Explorer and has no letter in Disk management :-. Neiher can I assign a letter to it e.g. using MiniTool partition wizard. Result: I can´t access the...
  6. Which recovery partitions and folders can safely be removed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which recovery partitions and folders can safely be removed?: v1903 installed on a ~256GB MBR disk. Code: C:\Recovery [folder] 4.86 GB used <unnamed> [partition] 534 MB "Healthy, (Recovery Partition)" Recovery Image [partition] 11.72 GB "Healthy, (Primary Partition)"[/quote] I'm hoping to tidy up this hard drive. Please could someone...
  7. Deleting Recovery Partition of Other Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Recovery Partition of Other Drive: [ATTACH] I want to remove recovery drives from my disk 0 (which is HDD) which I had cloned from my ssd (which is disk 1) as I accidently deleted windows system file drive of disk 0. I searched it on internet but It didn't worked as you can see. So what should I do?...
  8. Can I Remove This "Recovery Partition?"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I Remove This "Recovery Partition?": Since I started using my own computer, there's been the Windows Partition, and this other partition that the Boot Manager refers to as "System Restore." Loading it would take me to a screen telling me that I should press the green button to revert my system back its original...
  9. Remove Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Recovery Partition: I just upgraded to version 1511. It recreated the 450 mb recovery partition I don't want and I don't need it!! Is there a way to remove it without doing a clean install of Windows am use diskpart? James 43883
  10. Can I delete the recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete the recovery partition?: After the update to version 1511 build 10586 Windows has created a 450 Mb recovery partition on my SSD drive. I have already deleted the created Windows_OLD folder as well as the hidden folder with update files. Can I seamlessly and without risk also delete the recovery...