Windows 10: Can I remove this folder?

Discus and support Can I remove this folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Haris1C [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdmo9u/can_i_remove_this_folder/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Haris1C, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Can I remove this folder?

/u/Haris1C, Dec 15, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Can I remove this folder?

Removing Windows.old folder

I recently had to reinstall my OS (don't ask). Once I did there were files that I couldn't delete. Basically SecuROM files. Anyway long story short I found this workaround that I wanted to share with my fellow newbs. This will work for any file and works like a charm. Just follow the directions. *Toast :toast:
    Note: there is no space between "Administrators: (F)" I just had to but one in because it kept giving me an "unhappy face"

When installing Windows Vista, Windows stores any existing installation of Windows on the install partition inside a hidden folder called windows.old. This folder could take up a large amount of disk space.

Note: Please check the contents of the windows.old folder before deleting it to make sure there are no files stored there that you may wish to keep.

Deleting the window.old folder using the disk cleanup wizard
    Click start
    Type: disk cleanup
    Press enter
    Select "Files from all users on this computer"
    Follow the rest of the instructions listed on the wizard and select the option to delete the windows.old folder
    Deleting the windows.old folder manually
    1) Open an elevated command prompt

Click start
    Type: cmd
    right-click it under programs
    click Run As Administrator
    2) Take ownership

Change the directory to the windows.old folder (e.g. cd c:\windows.old)
    Type: takeown /F . /A /R /D Y > NUL
    3) grant yourself permission

Type: icacls . /grant:r Administrators: (F) /T /L /Q
    4) Delete everything

Make sure you close any explorer or command windows that are looking at or inside the windows.old folder (except for the command window you are using). If you don't, you will receive an error while performing this step.

Type: cd ..
    Type: rmdir /S /Q windows.old

TheMailMan78, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Can I remove this folder?

1. Can I remove this folder? - Similar Threads - remove folder

2. Removing Specific Letters From Multiple Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Specific Letters From Multiple Folders: Hello, I have Multiple folder ,I am trying to organize them by only a portion of the file name and remove certian Letter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-specific-letters-from-multiple-folders/be27021e-d9e6-47a9-b493-fe84f7c8640d
  3. Removing Specific Letters From Multiple Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Specific Letters From Multiple Folders: Hello, I have Multiple folder ,I am trying to organize them by only a portion of the file name and remove certian Letter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-specific-letters-from-multiple-folders/be27021e-d9e6-47a9-b493-fe84f7c8640d
  4. How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop?: Hello everyone! How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop? I can’t remove or move to another file. Home, desktop, downloads, documents, gallery, pictures, musics, videos folders standing on my desktop. I can do nothing with these folders. I am waiting for your help....
  5. How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop?

How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop?: Hello everyone! How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop? I can’t remove or move to another file. Home, desktop, downloads, documents, gallery, pictures, musics, videos folders standing on my desktop. I can do nothing with these folders. I am waiting for your help....
  6. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...
  7. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...
  8. What should I do if I can't remove the Windows app folder from my portable SSD that I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do if I can't remove the Windows app folder from my portable SSD that I don't...: So I was moving files from my laptop over to my SSD and was making sure they weren't system files and all of a sudden a folder called Windows apps appears. Why can I not remove from my SSD?...
  9. What should I do if I can't remove the Windows app folder from my portable SSD that I don't...

What should I do if I can't remove the Windows app folder from my portable SSD that I don't...: So I was moving files from my laptop over to my SSD and was making sure they weren't system files and all of a sudden a folder called Windows apps appears. Why can I not remove from my SSD?...
  10. Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.

Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.: I have several Win 11 pro computers in a 'workgroup'. No domain or server logon.These computers are doing the same work but using alternate attached mfr. hardware that are similar in use.Normally only a couple are online together. No issues.Initially each of the computers...