Windows 10: Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps using PowerShell?

Discus and support Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps using PowerShell? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps PowerShell? Wouldn't this be a violation of the license agreementEULA?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vinsent2002, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps using PowerShell?

Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps PowerShell? Wouldn't this be a violation of the license agreementEULA?

:)

Vinsent2002, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps using PowerShell? 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 2, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

@W1zzard looks like the hashing/version is different on some systems
    this syntax works better
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *3d* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *solit* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    someone already compiled all the tweaks listed into a handy choice driven .cmd file
    you can get that from here
    [Script] Windows 10 TNBT (The next big Tweak) v6.5.6 -official thread-

OneMoar, Dec 2, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps using PowerShell?

Windows 10 Tweaks

I will have to agree, as when i upgraded the fixes work and now i am using a clean install none of them work except onedrive.

AsRock, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps using PowerShell?

1. Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps using PowerShell? - Similar Threads - remove UWP apps

2. App removal with PowerShell !

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  3. App removal with PowerShell !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  4. App removal with PowerShell !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't use Uwp apps :

Can't use Uwp apps :: Everytime I want to open up a Windows 10 uwp app this pops up. Everytime I open up a Windows 8.1 uwp app it just immorality closes after 2 seconds of being opened. I've tried everything from dcim, sfc, troubleshooter, resetting the apps. I officially think the account is...
  6. Powershell - Remove Windows 10 Apps for All users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell - Remove Windows 10 Apps for All users: I am trying to remove Several Windows 10 Apps via Powershell and I mean I have done extensive research but just can not seem to get it to work. It works great for 1 user but not all users. Am I doing something wrong or what cause this is getting annoying lol....
  7. Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell: Hello! Recently I resetted my PC using the Reset this PC feature. I noticed that all of my UWP apps are gone. Does anyone know how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-uwp-appspowershell/a0524ef2-c5ab-4a52-bf34-0f0b4b66e475
  8. Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell

Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell: Dear Community, I have not found a good way to remove most of my Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps. A. I cannot use AppLocker from GPO, because my users are using Windows 10 Pro. I believe AppLocker only applies for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education. B. I cannot...
  9. windows powershell can I remove it?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows powershell can I remove it?: How do I remove windows powershell? It tkaes forever to sign in! I really hate this thing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-powershell-can-i-remove-it/06e725c2-3441-41cb-ac65-6d8dd0dee263
  10. UWP app creation doubts about adding some parameters using Windows 10 Powershell command prompt

UWP app creation doubts about adding some parameters using Windows 10 Powershell command prompt: Hi, I am using windows 10 powershell (admin prvg) command prompt to create UWP app. Everything fine. Now, I would like to add some parameters using this same via powershell command prompt. ===================== 1. Add Internet (Client) and Private Networks (Client...