Windows 10: Can I remove windows from an old SSD so that I can use it as a storage drive instead?

Discus and support Can I remove windows from an old SSD so that I can use it as a storage drive instead? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a larger SSD for my computer and installed windows on it, but I would like to use the old smaller SSD that I had been using as my OS disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CatShadows, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Can I remove windows from an old SSD so that I can use it as a storage drive instead?

Hi,

I bought a larger SSD for my computer and installed windows on it, but I would like to use the old smaller SSD that I had been using as my OS disk previously as storage only. My issue is that I don't seem to be able to remove the windows installation that is on it, even in safe mode, and even after making my account owner with all permissions.

Can you please tell me if there is a way to wipe the windows installation from this disk now that I am using the new SSD as my system disk.

Thank you

:)

CatShadows, Aug 7, 2019
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, Aug 7, 2019
  3. WesKlatt Win User
    Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Can I remove windows from an old SSD so that I can use it as a storage drive instead?

What is Storage Sense? And how would it handle SSDs and/or Hard Drives?

There is a new Windows 10 feature that was added in the Creator's Update. It's called
    Storage Sense. It is accessed by going to the Settings UWP app, under the System menu, and in the Storage list item.

I couldn't find any more information about Storage Sense, other than it helps with the data stored on your primary and secondary drives, I think?

So I have a few questions:

• What is Storage Sense and what does it really do? Give an explanation as detailed as possible.
    • How would it work on SSDs?
    • How would it work on Hard Drives / Disc Platter Storage Medias?
    • Is it self-aware the user is on SSDs or on Hard Drives?

Thanks.

Tom.Befrugal, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Can I remove windows from an old SSD so that I can use it as a storage drive instead?

1. Can I remove windows from an old SSD so that I can use it as a storage drive instead? - Similar Threads - remove old SSD

2. Can I remove the letter from this drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I remove the letter from this drive?: A new drive appeared in my file explorer, and it's just sitting there annoying me.The problem is that it belongs to my boot drive. My OS is installed on C: and I assume that G: and the 17MB + 101MB ones are system files. I wanna remove the letter G so It doesn't show up on my...
  3. Can I remove the letter from this drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I remove the letter from this drive?: A new drive appeared in my file explorer, and it's just sitting there annoying me.The problem is that it belongs to my boot drive. My OS is installed on C: and I assume that G: and the 17MB + 101MB ones are system files. I wanna remove the letter G so It doesn't show up on my...
  4. Can I remove the letter from this drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. transfer windows 10 from C drive to SSD so I can boot up from SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows 10 from C drive to SSD so I can boot up from SSD: thinking of getting a 240GB SSD for booting but after searching around on the internet most methods seem a bit too complex for me and also involve deleting everything from my C drive which is completely out of the question. is there a simple way to transfer or even download...
  6. How to remove windows 10 from my old SSD so I can make it a slave drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove windows 10 from my old SSD so I can make it a slave drive?: Hey guys, I'm thinking of starting a fresh new SSD with the newest version of windows 10 since my current version is so heavy and used that it won't update properly anymore. Thing is I don't want 2 sets of windows in my system. I know I could just use BIOS to set boot...
  7. How can I remove allocated space from SSD?

How can I remove allocated space from SSD?: I cancelled a download/installation, but it's still allocating space. For context, it's PoE. Does anyone know how I can remove it? [ATTACH] The yellow is what I assume is the allocated space. There's no option to open file location since it doesn't exist so I can't...
  8. Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive?: I gained a virus and i want to clean install everything. I forgot my USB pen drive at home and cannot go get right now. I have 2 SSD's on my computer, one is Drive C: (Windows in currently on there) and Drive D:( Fully formated drive). Can i put the Windows 10 installtion...
  9. Can I remove a added ssd for storage, and reset laptop to original condition?

Can I remove a added ssd for storage, and reset laptop to original condition?: Hi, I hope someone can help? I added an ssd to my Asus laptop and have since reinstalled Windows10. My question is.. can I remove my ssd and reset laptop, and then insert the same ssd once again? Hopefully this is possible. Many thanks....
  10. How can I stop my SSD drive from showing as a Removable drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I stop my SSD drive from showing as a Removable drive?: When I use the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon/tool, to remove a USB stick, my internal SSD drive shows as a choice to be removed. How can I get the SSD off this list? In Device Manager, under Disk Drives, looking at the SSD drive's properties there is no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove windows from ssd

2. remove windows from old ssd

3. can i delete windows ssd

4. how to remove windows off ssd,
  5. delete windows off ssd,
  6. how to uninstall windows off of an old ssd,
  7. how to delete windows 7 off an old ssd,
  8. remove old hard disk to new SSD picture,
  9. delete windows off old ssd,
  10. can virus from hard disk come to ssd,
  11. uninstalling old windows from ssd,