Windows 10: Can I repair my BCD files from the system on a secondary drive?

Discus and support Can I repair my BCD files from the system on a secondary drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys. Last week, my laptop was down and went to bluescreen due to the following error: --- The boot configuration data file is missing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Player458034235, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Can I repair my BCD files from the system on a secondary drive?

Hi guys.

Last week, my laptop was down and went to bluescreen due to the following error:

---

The boot configuration data file is missing some required information

File: \Boot\BCD

Error code: 0x000000d

---

I tried many ways in repairing the laptop, including using a windows 10 usb and get in to the command prompt using bootrec to fix and rebuild mbr and bcd files but none of them works. The access was all denied.

Luckily I got a secondary drive and the files on it was not so important. So I installed the windows 10 onto that drive. And now I am running my laptop on my secondary drive.

I successfully gained the access to my primary drive and unbitlockering it.

I am now wondering, is there any ways I can fix the boot information on my primary drive?

Thanks a lot.

:)

Player458034235, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Cortana search IGNORES secondary hard drives!!

Hi,

Thank you for update and reply.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try to add your secondary drive in the indexing options.

• Type in the Indexing options in the start search box and click on
      Indexing options from the search bar results.
    • Click on Modify on the Indexing options window. (Enter
    • Check the secondary drive (which you need to fetch the results from the search box) and click on
      OK button. (If the secondary drive is not visible, click on
      Show all locations,
      enter the administrator credentials if prompted))
    • Now, try to search and check if you are able to fetch the results.
    If issue persists follow next Method.

Method 2: System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Arily Win User
    System restore and secondary drives

So my setup. I have 2 drives in my computer an SSD and HDD. The SSD came shipped with my computer and I installed the HDD as a secondary drive. I've been using it as storage for all my pictures music etc. I've also installed a couple programs on there. My question is if I do a system restore can I do it without wiping out the secondary drive? How would I go about doing it? Step by step. What would happen to the program's installed on there after the restore?

Thank you.

Arily, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Can I repair my BCD files from the system on a secondary drive?

file:\boot\bcd 0xc0000034 - Restore & Repair NOT Working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Boot Configuration Data error occurs when Windows is not able to find the boot sector when try to boot the OS or the boot (sector/file) is corrupted.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Can I repair my BCD files from the system on a secondary drive?

1. Can I repair my BCD files from the system on a secondary drive? - Similar Threads - repair BCD files

2. Is there a way I can access files on my secondary boot drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way I can access files on my secondary boot drive?: I have 2 hard drives installed with windows 11, but when I boot into one I'm not able view any of the files on the other drive through File Explorer for some reason.-God Bless...
  3. Is there a way I can access files on my secondary boot drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way I can access files on my secondary boot drive?: I have 2 hard drives installed with windows 11, but when I boot into one I'm not able view any of the files on the other drive through File Explorer for some reason.-God Bless...
  4. Windows System files appearing on my secondary drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows System files appearing on my secondary drive D:: The Recycle Bin folder, and the Program Files folder, which contains a ModifiableWindowsApps folder, appeared on my secondary drive. I tried changing the permissions and deleting them, but after restarting my computer they were back. The settings for where content is saved...
  5. Windows System files appearing on my secondary drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows System files appearing on my secondary drive D:: The Recycle Bin folder, and the Program Files folder, which contains a ModifiableWindowsApps folder, appeared on my secondary drive. I tried changing the permissions and deleting them, but after restarting my computer they were back. The settings for where content is saved...
  6. Windows System files appearing on my secondary drive D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Repair Windows on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Windows on a secondary drive: Hello:I have a desktop computer with three drives, one SSD and two HDD. I run Windows off of the SSD drive, but use the the other drives for some programs and for data storage. The two other drives are from previous computers.I had an issue with a bluetooth driver - went to...
  8. Windows asks me to delete files from my secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows asks me to delete files from my secondary drive: I recently did a fresh windows 10 installation and have multiple drives for games. When I opened the Microsoft Store I realized all of my games where gone from my installed library, while it would be no problem at all to redownload all of the games, I do not want to lose my...
  9. Repairing a main Windows 10 drive from a secondary Win10 drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repairing a main Windows 10 drive from a secondary Win10 drive.: TL:DR Can I Repair my NVME drive install from An HDD install using simple tools or should I just rescue files and reinstall. Here’s the sitch. I’m playing a game right one of my apps stopped responding despite being reopened several times. I restart the computer only to be...
  10. System restore and secondary drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore and secondary drives: So my setup. I have 2 drives in my computer an SSD and HDD. The SSD came shipped with my computer and I installed the HDD as a secondary drive. I've been using it as storage for all my pictures music etc. I've also installed a couple programs on there. My question is if I do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can u use bcd on a laptop thats not working