Windows 10: Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder?

Discus and support Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some apps are not launching after I inadvertently deleted some folders from the WindowsApp folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps C[:/ Note: I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by d00d00d, May 14, 2020.

1. d00d00d Win User

Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder?

Some apps are not launching after I inadvertently deleted some folders from the WindowsApp folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps C[:/

Note: I do not know the exact folders that were deleted.

Does anyone know how to fix the above problem or the below errors?

Thank you.

--- Error messages from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Problem Details

Source

Diagnostics Troubleshooting Wizard

Summary
    Problem not fixed

Date
    ‎5/‎14/‎2020 7:01 AM

Status
    Report sent

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: ScriptedDiagFailure
    PackageId: Microsoft Corporation.AppsDiagnostic.4.0
    RootCause: Default
    Version: 1.0.0.0
    DynamicParameter: Default
    OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 3201333689570e01c83de221b750f4cf 126205679868

---

Source

Diagnostics Troubleshooting Wizard

Summary

Problem not fixed

Date

‎5/‎12/‎2020 9:33 AM

Status

Report sent

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: ScriptedDiagFailure

PackageId: Microsoft Corporation.WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.9.3

RootCause: Default

Version: 1.0.0.0

DynamicParameter: Default

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 2a37b51e0abd33f55aa176d651a110f7 127929275990

--- End --

:)

d00d00d, May 14, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 14, 2020
  3. Can't Delete Windowsapp folder

I install my windowsapp games on a separate hard drive. After reinstalling windows, I am no longer able to access or delete this folder. Most of the drive is being used by files and folders I CANNOT format or delete. So formatting the drive is not an option.
    I have tried changing the permission by doing the following...

Right click on folder / Properties

Security / Advanced

Selecting "change" owner

In "Enter names" I type out the name of the new device and select "check names"

Then I select "replace owner on all subcontainers and objects"

I hit apply, and it tells me to close all the windows and reopen them for access

As soon as I attempt to delete the folder I get the same error. I have a windowsapp folder on drive and I can't delete it.

I want to be able to delete this folder so it's not consuming space on the drive.

ScottBrady86, May 14, 2020
  4. Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder?

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder? :(

lyndonguitar, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder?

1. Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder? - Similar Threads - replace inadvertently deleted

2. Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?: I've looked online and haven't found a relatively straight-forward answer on this. I recently upgraded the CPU and motherboard on my desktop and after migrating my drives, some of my Windows apps were missing icons in the search bar. I managed to fix this, however the...
  3. Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?: I've looked online and haven't found a relatively straight-forward answer on this. I recently upgraded the CPU and motherboard on my desktop and after migrating my drives, some of my Windows apps were missing icons in the search bar. I managed to fix this, however the...
  4. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?: I recently installed an SSD to expand my space, and now I got this folder called "WindowsApps" and I wanna delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windowsapps-folder/8330a887-bf39-418c-809c-3f74c0c94a1d
  5. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?: I recently installed an SSD to expand my space, and now I got this folder called "WindowsApps" and I wanna delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windowsapps-folder/8330a887-bf39-418c-809c-3f74c0c94a1d
  6. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

7. I can't delete the windowsapps folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete the windowsapps folder.: I already done the instructions in the "How to delete the 'WindowsApps' folder on Windows 10" but i still cant delete the folder. When i try to delete it it says "You require permission from *****/PC (which is me) to make changes to this folder. Please help me. Here is the...
  8. Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I delete the folder MSIXVC under windowsapps: Hi, I have read that this can be deleted as it relates to failed downloads. Using up a lot of space on my system 160GB Cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-the-folder-msixvc-under-windowsapps/1ee321a7-6f34-4e17-b2c9-30982b73dea3
  9. How can I recover an inadvertantly deleted folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I recover an inadvertantly deleted folder?: How can I recover an inadvertently deleted folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-recover-an-inadvertantly-deleted-folder/8e895c5b-7220-432c-949d-16fbe4e520cf
  10. Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?

Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?: Please Look here Ashampoo(R) Web Upload 116173