Windows 10: Can I replace multiple files in multiple folders?

Discus and support Can I replace multiple files in multiple folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know I can search for multiple files in multiple folders by searchiing using an * and extension, e.g. *.pdf. If I try and replace these files by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAPIII, Jan 30, 2019.

1. LAPIII Win User

Can I replace multiple files in multiple folders?

I know I can search for multiple files in multiple folders by searchiing using an * and extension, e.g. *.pdf. If I try and replace these files by dragging files to replace them into the folder with the files that I want replaced, won't the files to replace restored the folders that the files I want to replace are?

:)

LAPIII, Jan 30, 2019
  2. manoruz Win User

Bat script to find and replace file in multiple subfolders

Hello Everyone

I've searched the forums for an answer specific to my current problem but can't seem to find the proper thing so sorry for opening a new thread (noob)

I need to create a bat file that will scan multiple folders on my second harddrive D:\- find a file called renamed1.sin - delete it and replace it with a similar file I already have which is smaller in size and has different attributes i.e read only
    The folder structure for the intended file is like this -
    User\documents\rmdw 13\command0\renamed1.sin

so the batch file would need to scan d:\ - find all instances of renamed1.sin - delete it and replace it with another renamed1.sin which is smaller and real only.

Any help will be greatly apprecaited

manoruz, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Unzip multiple files in same folder

How can I unzip multiple files inside some folder in Windows 10?

Only option available is to extract a file at once and with a popup window suggesting a folder with file name.

AlmeidaAndre, Jan 30, 2019
  4. red268 Win User

Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I replace multiple files in multiple folders? - Similar Threads - replace multiple files

2. Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously: Hello everyone! I have almost 900 PDFs that need to get moved from one folder to their own individual folders. I have about 200 folders with a set of PDFs in each to move. I found a way to rename them all with excel that was really helpful 2019- 386A- HAZCOM but right now I'm...
  3. Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously: Hello everyone! I have almost 900 PDFs that need to get moved from one folder to their own individual folders. I have about 200 folders with a set of PDFs in each to move. I found a way to rename them all with excel that was really helpful 2019- 386A- HAZCOM but right now I'm...
  4. Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time

Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time: Hi,In a folder, I have multiple .pdf files. I want to drop them in a new folder that has the same name as my .pdf Is there any tricks to move them in the right folder in 1 shot?...
  6. Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time: Hi,In a folder, I have multiple .pdf files. I want to drop them in a new folder that has the same name as my .pdf Is there any tricks to move them in the right folder in 1 shot?...
  7. Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Automating search-replace across multiple files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Automating search-replace across multiple files?: I need to replace a text entry in the header of multiple .wav files. The header text is in 16-bit format, so in the HxD editor each character appears as two bytes: q 113 00 = 61 00 " 34 00 2 50 00 7 55 00 " 34 00 Across dozens of files, I need to change the...
  9. Search for Multiple Files in Folder

Search for Multiple Files in Folder: Hello all, Would really really appreciate any help with this ! I'm trying to figure out how to search for multiple files all at once in a folder and have them listed out I tried putting OR after each file name and it only shows me the last file name in the search bar...
  10. Editing Multiple files in a folder

Editing Multiple files in a folder: I have quite a few music files that has some unwanted information and also some additional name besides the file name. Is there a way to to edit the whole folder to remove additional info on the folder. For example, several songs were downloaded and these songs have website...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replace files in multiple folders with Excel