Windows 10: Can I Replace My Laptop Fan?

Discus and support Can I Replace My Laptop Fan? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Laptop is a 2015 Windows 10 HP BeatsAudio 8gb RAM and Pavilion 17. The fan has been roughly loud and annoying lately getting noisy for absolutely no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaydenFenderson, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Can I Replace My Laptop Fan?

My Laptop is a 2015 Windows 10 HP BeatsAudio 8gb RAM and Pavilion 17. The fan has been roughly loud and annoying lately getting noisy for absolutely no reasons. No viruses and it has been cleaned thoroughly.

:)

JaydenFenderson, Dec 14, 2018
  2. worf105 Win User

Replacement Chassis Fans

I did look at the ML fans from corsair as I do like and trust corsair stuff but though I give Noctua a try. I do like them. Will be putting my old corsair AF 140mm back in to see me over until I get them replaced. RMA in process just have to send them the LOT code on fan to proceed.

worf105, Dec 14, 2018
  3. worf105 Win User
    Replacement Chassis Fans

Time to replace my Corsair AF140 case fans and looking for you input guys

My current fan setup is as follows: (1 or 2 current fans beginning to fail)

• Front: 2 x Corsair AF140 White LED fans (Intake)
    • Top (Rad): 2 x NZXT 140mm Aer P radiator-optimized fan (Push Exhaust)
    • Back: 1 x Corsair AF140 fan (Exhaust)
    • Bottom: 1 x Corsair SP120 Fan (Intake)

My proposed fan setup: (Budget constraints)

• Front: 2 x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap (Intake)
    • Top (Rad): 2 x NZXT 140mm Aer P radiator-optimized fan (Push Exhaust)
    • Back: 1 x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap (Exhaust)
    • Bottom: 1 x Corsair SP120 Fan (Intake)

Recommended by Noctua:

Email support recommendation after asking them for advice:

Dear Andrew.

first of all many thanks for your interest and your inquiry at Noctua.

The best possible Airflow for your case looks as follows:

• Front: 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Top (Rad): 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Back: 1x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Bottom: 2x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black swap.
    This configuration would give you the best possible airflow, but it's neither cost-effective nor quiet.

Here's my recommended configuration.

• Front: 2x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Top (Rad): 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap in push mode.
    • Rear: None
    • Bottom: 1x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
    I'll briefly explain why this config is the best in terms of airflow/noise ration and price.

The NF-A14 doesn't like it when there isn't enough space on the suction side and will emit an annoying suction noise if placed in the front of your case. Our NF-S12A PWM has a very neutral and pleasant sound to it, while still moving a lot of air.

Having 2x NF-S12A PWM in the front and 1x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap on the bottom instead of 2x NF-A14 PWM will give you higher airflow while also being quieter. This solution is a bit expensive but definitively worth it.

It's not necessary to mount fans on the back of your case, since your 3x NF-S12A chromax.black.swap and 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap (mounted on the radiator) will provide sufficient airflow.

worf105, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Kol12 Win User

Can I Replace My Laptop Fan?

Replacement Chassis Fans

Old thread I see but I love the Corsair fans. I currently have 2x140 and 1x120 HD fans and 2 x ML Pro 140 on my radiator. The HD are just such solid fans, quiet and of course lovely RGB. The same can be said for the ML Pro, solid stuff. If you've had Corsair AF fans these are a big step up. I have some Noctua and love those too. *Biggrin

Kol12, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Can I Replace My Laptop Fan?

1. Can I Replace My Laptop Fan? - Similar Threads - Replace Laptop Fan

2. My laptop fan is suddenly louder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop fan is suddenly louder.: The temperature is stable and no processes in the background all the drivers are up to date i also tried uninstalling the last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-fan-is-suddenly-louder/5166ea91-27b5-4de7-a614-57c98775ff1d
  3. Problem with Wifi and Bluetooth after fan replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Wifi and Bluetooth after fan replacement.: Recently, my fan was replaced, because the old fan is making grinding noise. Exactly after the fan replacement, I noticed that my laptop is not getting connected to wifi, after a long amount of time, I noticed that wifi is getting connected only when I sit close to the wifi...
  4. I need to get my laptop replaced

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to get my laptop replaced: I bought my laptop in July 2019. It reacently started messing up. It no longer turns on without the charging cable connected. I bought my Matebook X Pro in store and i also bought AMT PerformGuard Consumer 2YR US Laptops Wrty. I do not know what to do. All i can find on the...
  5. Laptop fans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fans: Ive been using my laptop just for google docs and the fans are so loud, is there anyway I can turn them down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fans/fffc5228-ba0f-4e25-bfb1-b4af3920aabb
  6. Store App is missing from my laptop. How can I replace it????

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store App is missing from my laptop. How can I replace it????: Store App has disappeared from my Win10 laptop. How can I replace it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-app-is-missing-from-my-laptop-how-can-i/566447f8-9398-4113-8df1-3f9c5ef960b2"
  7. FAN NOT WORKING AFTER MOBO REPLACEMENT

FAN NOT WORKING AFTER MOBO REPLACEMENT: Hi guys, i have a lenovo ideapad 320E its specs are i5-7200U 8gb ddr4 2gb nvidia 940 mx ... It recently got short circuited and i had to get the motherboard replaced,fortunately for me it was covered under warranty but now when i use dxdiag tool it shows my model is...
  8. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu: I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 . However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more and more Windows programs that i need will not run on Ubuntu. My question, Can i put W10 back onto it without a fee as i...
  9. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu: I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 . However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more and more Windows programs that i need will not run on Ubuntu. My question, Can i put W10 back onto it without a fee as i...
  10. How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly?

How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly?: My laptop seems hotter than normal. How can I test to see if the fan is running properly? I guess I should also ask what the core temperature should be - and ask hot find out what it is? Thank you........ 87418