Windows 10: Can I reset keys on my All-in-one Media Keyboard to perform different command?

Discus and support Can I reset keys on my All-in-one Media Keyboard to perform different command? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The default keys are not equipped with keys like Home, End, Prt sc, etc. which I often use so I was wondering if I can reset some of the keys I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmamArun, Jul 11, 2020.

1. AmamArun Win User

Can I reset keys on my All-in-one Media Keyboard to perform different command?

The default keys are not equipped with keys like Home, End, Prt sc, etc. which I often use so I was wondering if I can reset some of the keys I don't usually use, such as the media keys above the touch pad on the right, to perform those command instead?

Thanks!

:)

AmamArun, Jul 11, 2020

2. The Fn key - All-in-One Media Keyboard

Hi

I'm using "All-in-One Media Keyboard" with my laptop (win 10 pro 64 bit),

Right now if I want to refresh a page, I have to press "F5" key and "Fn" key,

and if I press the "F5" key it will open Cortana search.

I wish to change that the other way around (for ALL 'F' keys)

(so I only need to press "F5" key in order to refresh a page, and "F5+Fn" for search)

I'm using the latest "Microsoft Mouse Keyboard Center".

I've tried "Capslock + Fn" to get the "F-Lock" affect (was suggested in the forums), but it doesn't do anything at all.

Please let me know if I can toggle the "Fn" key.

Thanks for any help Can I reset keys on my All-in-one Media Keyboard to perform different command? :)

Barak Engel, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Two Keyboards, reversed FN layout. All in one media keyboard.

Hello John,

I know it is normal that in built and external keyboards have different layouts. That's not my concern.

My question is: is there a way to change the F function of the microsoft's external "all in one media keyboard" so that i can use F1 without pressing FN? Its software (mouse and keyboard center 3.2) does not allow this setup. Anyway to suggest this to be
    implemented?

Thank you

AntonioRuiz1972, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Can I reset keys on my All-in-one Media Keyboard to perform different command?

1. Can I reset keys on my All-in-one Media Keyboard to perform different command? - Similar Threads - reset keys Media

2. All in one media keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All in one media keyboard not working: I have an all in one media keyboard I'm trying to connect. I have downloaded the 64 bit software for windows 11 from the microsoft site and the device is recognised in the keyboard and mouse centre, however the buttons/trackpad don't work. The device has fresh batteries and I...
  3. All in one media keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All in one media keyboard not working: I have an all in one media keyboard I'm trying to connect. I have downloaded the 64 bit software for windows 11 from the microsoft site and the device is recognised in the keyboard and mouse centre, however the buttons/trackpad don't work. The device has fresh batteries and I...
  4. Is my all-in-one media keyboard bluetooth keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my all-in-one media keyboard bluetooth keyboard?: I just bought the all-in-one media keyboard from Microsoft. But I don't know if it is Bluetooth or not. I have only tried using USB to connect it to my laptop....
  5. Is my all-in-one media keyboard bluetooth keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my all-in-one media keyboard bluetooth keyboard?: I just bought the all-in-one media keyboard from Microsoft. But I don't know if it is Bluetooth or not. I have only tried using USB to connect it to my laptop....
  6. Macros and the Microsoft Media All In One Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macros and the Microsoft Media All In One Keyboard: I have this keyboard, and in different places, it is implied macros can be assigned to at least four keys. In the latest Microsoft Mouse & KB center it even suggests sharing macros. There is nothing in the settings though, and the article mentioned in basically the same...
  7. How do I press the HOME key on Microsoft All-In-One Media keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I press the HOME key on Microsoft All-In-One Media keyboard?: I've googled this for a long time now and gone through user manuals etc. but I can't find any answers. Have also installed the Microsoft keyboard software but no info there....
  8. Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard - Gesture issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard - Gesture issues: Hi, I recently acquired a Microsoft All-In-One Keyboard and according to the Quick Start Guide present on https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/all-in-one-media-keyboard page, some of the gestures don't work and I wonder why. These are : Swipe from left edge...
  9. How can I replace or purchase another wireless adaptor for my All-in-One Media Keyboard?

How can I replace or purchase another wireless adaptor for my All-in-One Media Keyboard?: I bought a Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard on 6/4/2019 at the Microsoft Store when I shopped at The Westchester Mall. The time of day was 3:29. The official store location is 125 Westchester Ave, Space #2460A, White Plains, NY, 10601, USA. This store's phone number is 914...
  10. Home Key on All-In-One Media Keyboard

Home Key on All-In-One Media Keyboard: Simple question: How the hell does one hit the Home, End, Insert keys on this thing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-key-on-all-in-one-media-keyboard/7d41f349-a498-413b-b816-a37bab4f4239