Windows 10: Can I reset my windows 10 computer offline?

Discus and support Can I reset my windows 10 computer offline? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, this may be a silly question but I’m asking this because someone mentioned that turning off any internet connection would make the resetting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MallardDuck2, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Can I reset my windows 10 computer offline?

Hey, this may be a silly question but I’m asking this because someone mentioned that turning off any internet connection would make the resetting progress faster as it reformats the space on the drive.

But my question is, is it possible to reset the computer offline, and perhaps peform faster? Just want to make sure before I actually go and reset my computer, thankyou!

:)

MallardDuck2, Mar 1, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games

Most Windows 10 games will support offline play, but you'll have to work at it.

Can I reset my windows 10 computer offline? NK5onxJwAvtQTxbkwSUoG8-650-80.png

"Larry Hryb, the man known to the world as Major Nelson, announced on Twittertoday that Microsoft has "made some backend updates to improve your experience playing @Windows 10 games offline." Basically, if you're going to be somewhere that lacks online coverage—on a submarine, for instance—it will still be possible to play your games. But there are some restrictions.

"Most games available in the Store on your Windows 10 device support offline play, but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported by searching for your game at http://www.xbox.com," the Xbox support site says. "Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items from the Windows Store, will not be available. Additionally, any leaderboards will be unavailable while you're offline."

Obviously, online features like buying stuff from in-game stores won't be available when you're offline, but the bit about "games with network co-op or multplayer features" not working while offline really isn't clear. We tested with Gears of War 4 and confirmed that the offline features like campaign and LAN multiplayer worked just fine when disconnected.

There are more caveats, though. You're limited to just one "designated offline device" at a time, and you can only change your designated offline device three times per year. Switching into offline mode isn't all that easy, either. First, you'll need to set your designated offline device:

• Make sure that you’re online.
    • Check that your device has the latest Windows updates: Go to Start,Settings, Update and security, and then Windows Update and see if any relevant updates are available.
    • Open the Store. You’ll be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already.
    • Select the Me icon (this is your profile picture).
    • Select Settings, and then under Offline Permissions, make sure that the toggle is set to On.
    After that, you'll have to "prepare" your games by launching each one that you want to play offline while you're still online, and logging into your Xbox Live account. This is a bit like launching Steam into Offline mode while you still have an internet connection... but you'll have to prepare each individual Xbox game this way before going offline.

Once you've logged into the game while you're online, you can exit at any time and you'll be set. Of course, if you change your mind and want to play something you haven't properly prepared, you're out of luck.

The upside is that this only affects Windows 10 games, but it still seems wildly complicated and restrictive to me. Worse, while improved functionality is always welcome, I can't see how this does anything but beg for unflattering comparisons with Steam: When I want to play my Steam games offline, I set Steam offline, restart it, and I'm on my way—and I can do it as often as I want. Microsoft's implementation of offline play is an improvement, but only because it wasn't available at all previously. As a step toward becoming more competitive with Steam, though, it falls woefully short.
    "

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games | PC Gamer

P4-630, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Whick Win User

Can I reset my windows 10 computer offline?

Windows Defender Offline for Windows 10

Tried this suggestion and it did not work. Tried to boot from USB with Windows Defender Offline transferred from a safe computer. Would not boot from USB. Message "Secure Boot Violation, Invalid Signature Detected, Check secure boot policy in Setup"
    Any suggestions on next steps for a Windows 10 compatible version of Windows Defender Offline?

Whick, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Can I reset my windows 10 computer offline?

1. Can I reset my windows 10 computer offline? - Similar Threads - reset computer offline

2. how can i force reset my computer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i force reset my computer ?: i have tried resetting my pc due to possible corrupted files. i went through settings and recover sections and it wont do anything. i tried the hold shift key and hitting the restart button and it wont reset like that either. i use my computer for school so i really need help...
  3. how can i force reset my computer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i force reset my computer ?: i have tried resetting my pc due to possible corrupted files. i went through settings and recover sections and it wont do anything. i tried the hold shift key and hitting the restart button and it wont reset like that either. i use my computer for school so i really need help...
  4. Can I revert to windows 10 by usb download if I reset my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I revert to windows 10 by usb download if I reset my computer: Hey, ever since I have downloaded windows 11 I haven't been able to access the start menu, file explorer, or access anything on my taskbar. It's nearly been a little over 3 months now since my problem and everything I have tried hasn't worked. I was wondering if when I...
  5. Can I revert to windows 10 by usb download if I reset my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I revert to windows 10 by usb download if I reset my computer: Hey, ever since I have downloaded windows 11 I haven't been able to access the start menu, file explorer, or access anything on my taskbar. It's nearly been a little over 3 months now since my problem and everything I have tried hasn't worked. I was wondering if when I...
  6. Can I run windows 10 in an offline mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I run windows 10 in an offline mode?: I have very slow internet, and this makes it difficult to do many normal things on my computer. It's frustrating to see that most of the time Windows related processes are using up more bandwidth than what I'm trying to do. Is there anyway to just stop the system from using...
  7. Can i use Windows 10 on an offline pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i use Windows 10 on an offline pc?: Hi, i have a cabin in the forest with power supply, but unfortunately no internet connection at all. For that cabin i bought a new pc with no OS installed, mostly for listening some music when i'm out there with friends, little bit of gaming and watching dvds. I would...
  8. How can I reset my computer.

How can I reset my computer.: Each time I try to reset my dell computer, which has windows 10 installed from an 8.1 op, it fails. The computer is not operating well and really needs a fresh start. I have tried everything in recovery, but nothing seems to work. Would really appreciate help. Thanks...
  9. How can I reset my computers location

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I reset my computers location: In windows 10, how can I reset its location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reset-my-computers-location/8433fbcb-6ec5-4bc5-8828-c32c20413140
  10. I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10

I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10: I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10/0d1d2eae-c526-4763-83c3-24f7a490d9a7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when resetting computer offline or online