Windows 10: Can I reset 'System32 and SysWow64' by using 'Reset This Pc'?

Discus and support Can I reset 'System32 and SysWow64' by using 'Reset This Pc'? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi , I just wonder if I use ( Settings -> Update&Security ->Recovery -> Reset This Pc ) can I reset the System32 and Syswow64?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JakeHatrick, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Can I reset 'System32 and SysWow64' by using 'Reset This Pc'?

hi , I just wonder if I use ( Settings -> Update&Security ->Recovery -> Reset This Pc ) can I reset the System32 and Syswow64?

:)

JakeHatrick, Nov 7, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 7, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

Can I reset 'System32 and SysWow64' by using 'Reset This Pc'?

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Can I reset 'System32 and SysWow64' by using 'Reset This Pc'?

1. Can I reset 'System32 and SysWow64' by using 'Reset This Pc'? - Similar Threads - reset 'System32 SysWow64'

2. Can not reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not reset PC: I am not able to restart windows with the blue screen. The automatic repair did not work. I do not have access to a recovery dvd or usb drive. Unable to reset the PC. Tried uninstalling features and update but it won’t let me. Tried resetting the PC and still blue screen that...
  3. Can not reset PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not reset PC: I am not able to restart windows with the blue screen. The automatic repair did not work. I do not have access to a recovery dvd or usb drive. Unable to reset the PC. Tried uninstalling features and update but it won’t let me. Tried resetting the PC and still blue screen that...
  4. Can not reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not reset PC: Hello, I have a really small problem. I have lost the permission to access the C Drive. And when I mean lost I actually mean I managed to remove any permission to access/read/write... the C Drive, yes even as administrator. So now I actually can not reset my Laptop or...
  5. No reset disk. Can I use USB?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No reset disk. Can I use USB?: I bought my laptop off of Facebook bad idea, I see now i did not get the reset disk with it. I only got the laptop and that was it. Can I use a SD card and download the create a reset disk and put it into my USB drive and download it that way, with out another laptop? Or do I...
  6. What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64?: So, there are two folders in C:\Windows called System32 and SysWOW64, and when i opened the folders they looked exactly the same. They even had the same copy of files like Command Prompt and Task Manager. Is there a difference in the files of these folders? Is one like a...
  7. Can not reset pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not reset pc: Hello, I can not reset me pc. I do not know why i cant reset it but it's annoying that i cant. I also get errors that say windows can not access the specified device and my task manager does not work anymore. Can somebody help me with this, Thanks...
  8. i can not reset my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i can not reset my pc: i can not reset my pc . what should I do ? some rensomeware attack my pc. so I need to format my c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-reset-my-pc/70a9a89a-1f0e-401f-8704-1cf25c16aa82
  9. I can not reset my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not reset my pc: My computer's system is windows 10, and every time I try to reset my pc, it just says that something went wrong and canceled it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-reset-my-pc/c0bdf316-86fe-49a6-ac43-abbdbdcc5dc2
  10. I can' reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can' reset my pc: I have a laptop that I use to play games like Fortnite, PUBG e.t.c. My computer has been very slow lately and my games have been freezing alloy. I did some research and found that I should reset my pc which I have done in the past and it has helped. When I tried to reset my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does system32 reset on the system reset