Windows 10: Can I reset to the DEFAULT hidden/read Folders? Mine are now all messed up. Real mess.

Discus and support Can I reset to the DEFAULT hidden/read Folders? Mine are now all messed up. Real mess. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I somehow accidentally set my user account or something like it to all HIDDEN. Don't ask me how. I do not know. So suddenly half of my C drive was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1783pictures.com, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Can I reset to the DEFAULT hidden/read Folders? Mine are now all messed up. Real mess.

I somehow accidentally set my user account or something like it to all HIDDEN. Don't ask me how. I do not know. So suddenly half of my C drive was hidden. Lots of files and folders disappeared, so I changed the view to show Hidden files/folders and there they were, but everything was transparent. Follow me? It seemed mostly related to my user account files.

While trying to fix this I called Lenovo I bought their laptop a just over a week ago and they have made it worse. Now much of it is back, but some isn't. They have accidentally unchecked folders that were read-only and checked some that were not. They really didn't know what to do.

Can I revert ALL the files and folders to the original default? If so, how?

I do not want to wipe my drive and start over. I spent the last 7 days installing everything and will lose my mind if I have to start all over again.

I do not even have a way of reinstalling windows. Lenovo did not include a backup disc.

Thank you.

:)

1783pictures.com, Oct 17, 2020
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Oct 17, 2020
  3. pecujace Win User
    Resetting Default Hidden Administrator Account

Was duplicating some accounts and accidentally messed up the default hidden administrator account. Is there a way to reset this account to its default settings?

pecujace, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Can I reset to the DEFAULT hidden/read Folders? Mine are now all messed up. Real mess.

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Can I reset to the DEFAULT hidden/read Folders? Mine are now all messed up. Real mess. :D

PVTCaboose1337, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Can I reset to the DEFAULT hidden/read Folders? Mine are now all messed up. Real mess.

1. Can I reset to the DEFAULT hidden/read Folders? Mine are now all messed up. Real mess. - Similar Threads - reset DEFAULT hidden

2. Microphone is messed up now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone is messed up now: I was trying to fix my mic to play phasmophobia with a friend and in the process I set all my settings to default and now I am very quiet to my friends on discord and my audio sounds extremely weird and I can now hear background noises where I couldn't before. Can someone...
  3. Messed Up Main Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed Up Main Folders: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sonbun_142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvll1j/messed_up_main_folders/
  4. I messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up: So I got a windows update and it said I had no audio output device installed. So I followed some tips and tried to update realtek but I may or may not have accidentaly uninstalled it instead. Now I don't know how reinstall the Realtek driver plus I need to update the audio...
  5. WIndows folders messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows folders messed up: My folders seemed to have renamed themselves, joined up and changed icons. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folders-messed-up/91a307d3-95bb-49df-a573-195957efa147"
  6. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: I was having problems playing games on Facebook. It was the second time this happened to me and was not able to fix the problem this time so I decided to restore my computer to an earlier date when it was working... Boy that was a no no...was my first time using the restore...
  7. Default programs all messed up in windows version 1803

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default programs all messed up in windows version 1803: This problem has been driving me crazy. It can not set programs to their defaults. Email does not have outlook 365 as a choice, so none of the mailto: in webpages work. It think Adobe acrobat pro 2017 is not capable of handling pdf files. If you try to browse it and...
  8. Messed up downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up downloads folder: Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop. Now I couldn't find anything and so after some google'ing I saw a guide that instructs me to change something on my Downloads folder by going...
  9. Default screenshot folder messed up! Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Default screenshot folder messed up! Help!: Hello there guys, I'm running Windows 10 Home. I changed my default screenshot folder from OneDrive>Pictures to my desktop. Now when ever I take screenshots, they are directly saved onto my desktop instead of a "screenshots" folder on my desktop. The only way I can think...
  10. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: Hi. Does anyone know how to fix this terrible mess I got myself into? On disk0 the partitions are out of order. What can I do to fix it? [img] . Any help will be appreciated. 96616