Windows 10: Can I reset Windows 10 without knowing the administrator's password and can something go...

Discus and support Can I reset Windows 10 without knowing the administrator's password and can something go... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My friend can't download programs etc. because he doesn't know the administrator's password nor the name of the administrator account. It seems like... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anzzzi, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Anzzzi Win User

Can I reset Windows 10 without knowing the administrator's password and can something go...

My friend can't download programs etc. because he doesn't know the administrator's password nor the name of the administrator account. It seems like the best option would be to reset Windows 10, because we don't know a lot about computers. Is it possible to reset Windows 10 without knowing administrator's password? Will it allow us then to log in as an administrator? Can something go wrong while reseting? Also, if you have a better idea for solving this password problem, feel free to share.

:)

Anzzzi, Sep 12, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 12, 2018
  3. TAViX Win User
    Windows Server 2008R2 Enterprise Administrator Password reset/recover

So the thing is, I have forgot my Administrator Password in Windows Server 2008 R2 - Enterprise...*Bang Head :banghead:
    How should I recover it or reset it?!?!?!?! I've searched the web a lot without any satisfactory results, and I'm desperate I don't know what to do. I have the original DVD, but I don't want to reinstall it tho, because I also have Win 7 on another partition, and I don't know how will it go...
    Please, do you know of any tips/tricks for doing that??? *Frown Can I reset Windows 10 without knowing the administrator's password and can something go... :(*Twitch :twitch:

TAViX, Sep 12, 2018
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Can I reset Windows 10 without knowing the administrator's password and can something go...

Windows 8 PC reset

I have used this software from Passcape called Reset Windows Password, to reset a Windows 8.1 administrator password on, that was even linked to a online account and it worked fine.

Link: Reset Windows Password

puma99dk|, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I reset Windows 10 without knowing the administrator's password and can something go... - Similar Threads - reset without knowing

2. How can I leave an organization without knowing the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I leave an organization without knowing the administrator?: I don't remember joining one and my account was not hooked up to one prior so I have no clue why I'm associated with one. They added a chrome extention that I cannot remove from my account called "CumulonimbusVirga", only found it out because my computer was glitching and...
  3. How can I leave an organization without knowing the administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I leave an organization without knowing the administrator?: I don't remember joining one and my account was not hooked up to one prior so I have no clue why I'm associated with one. They added a chrome extention that I cannot remove from my account called "CumulonimbusVirga", only found it out because my computer was glitching and...
  4. Changing administrator password without knowing the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing administrator password without knowing the password.: I have an account on my pc that i never use. It was created by Microsoft when i got the pc. However, it was an administrator account for a while until i took it off as it always caused trouble. right now, im trying to access an app but windows keeps asking for the...
  5. Changing administrator password without knowing the password.

Changing administrator password without knowing the password.: I have an account on my pc that i never use. It was created by Microsoft when i got the pc. However, it was an administrator account for a while until i took it off as it always caused trouble. right now, im trying to access an app but windows keeps asking for the...
  6. Can't reset windows without administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't reset windows without administrator password: Its been a long time since i booted up an old windows 10 PC. I've forgotten the administrator password so i turn it off and on while booting a few times and it opens the repairing menu. But there it only shows me administrator accounts and asks me to login to those accounts...
  7. Can't reset windows without administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset windows without administrator password: Its been a long time since i booted up an old windows 10 PC. I've forgotten the administrator password so i turn it off and on while booting a few times and it opens the repairing menu. But there it only shows me administrator accounts and asks me to login to those accounts...
  8. Can't reset windows without administrator password

9. reset administrator password without current administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset administrator password without current administrator password: I have looked at the posted Q&A related to resetting administrator password and followed the advice provided in an attempt to solve my problem but without a solution for my issue. When the password was created I was unaware of the ability to recover a password using a form...
  10. How can i change the administrator password if i don't know it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i change the administrator password if i don't know it.: I have inherited my step fathers computer with windows 10 and it has an administrator password and he has no idea what it could possibly be. I also do not have the restoration cd for windows 10. is there any way to reset it remove it?...