Windows 10: Can i restore my Windows 10 Image Craeted with Macrium Reflect to my

Discus and support Can i restore my Windows 10 Image Craeted with Macrium Reflect to my in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; new Samsung nvme Drive ? i originally Created the Image for my Windows 10 which was running on my Samsung 850 evo ssd 250 gb but now i bought a 500 gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by yafatana, Feb 7, 2020.

1. yafatana Win User

Can i restore my Windows 10 Image Craeted with Macrium Reflect to my

new Samsung nvme Drive ?
    i originally Created the Image for my Windows 10 which was running on my Samsung 850 evo ssd 250 gb
    but now i bought a 500 gb nvme and i want to use it as my OS Drive

will it cause any problems ?
    will Windows knows that it is a new Drive ?
    or do you recommend a fresh Install Instead ?
    i did a fresh install 7 days ago for my Windows 10 and install all of my programs before buying my new nvme drive
    I don't want to do it again *Sad

:)

yafatana, Feb 7, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Can i restore my Windows 10 Image Craeted with Macrium Reflect to my [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 26, 2020
  3. steveh69 Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

I am in the process of creating an Image of HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook now. Once it completes I would really appreciate getting some steps to follow to restore it. The Laptop I have Macrium Reflect running on now will have the HD replaced as it on the verge of failing hence why I'm doing doing.

Can someone please outline the steps from the point that I have physically swapped out the old HD with new HD? I will have Macrium Reflect Image contained on the root of a brand new 1 TB External drive. Please start at the point of turning the PC on for the first time and if I should have the External drive plugged in before I attempt to boot the laptop for the first time.

Thanks for the help from great people on these forums.

Steve

steveh69, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Can i restore my Windows 10 Image Craeted with Macrium Reflect to my - Similar Threads - restore Image Craeted

2. Restoring Macrium Reflect image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Macrium Reflect image: I really need help. Let me say first that the image I made with MR is about 1.5 yrs old. I see no reason why that should matter. I opened Macrium Reflect and went to the Restore heading. There I browsed to and selected the image I wanted to restore. This is what I see:...
  3. Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect

Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect: In the past I was able to restore a Disk Image in the Windows 10 interface without using the Rescue Disk. Lately this is no longer possible and restoration through the Rescue Disk is the only way now. This is not a big hassle but it is an unwelcome nag. Is it possible to go...
  4. Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect

Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect: I made an Image backup of Windows 10 64 Bit the other day using the free version of Macrium Reflect v.7. I am having a spot of trouble on my Dell laptop and decided I would restore the system from Macrium. What I failed to do, I am beginning to understand, was to make the...
  5. Macrium Reflect Restoring a Failed HD Image

Macrium Reflect Restoring a Failed HD Image: I have been finding my way. While I can navigate through my original file tree in the image I am now inferring that I cannot directly extract portions of it, say my User files. Restoring an image is an all or nothing proposition?. Is this correct? If so I am thinking...
  6. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  7. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect: I am in the process of creating an Image of HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook now. Once it completes I would really appreciate getting some steps to follow to restore it. The Laptop I have Macrium Reflect running on now will have the HD replaced as it on the verge of failing...