Windows 10: can i restore sticky notes after reseting the app

Discus and support can i restore sticky notes after reseting the app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a windows 10 (Asus laptop). some background: I've been having some problems with the windows store and the windows apps (camera,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bibsy7, Nov 8, 2018.

1. bibsy7 Win User

can i restore sticky notes after reseting the app

Hello,

I have a windows 10 (Asus laptop).

some background: I've been having some problems with the windows store and the windows apps (camera, sticky notes, calendar...); none of them were opening and i think it was because i stopped the windows store from updating itself (there had been an update for the store so i clicked on it) but i didn't let it finish, i cancelled it halfway through because i wanted to shut down the laptop and something must have gone wrong somewhere i guess. I'm not sure if this was the actual cause of the problem but all i know is that the next day when i turned on my laptop, the sticky notes app didn't start up and then eventually i realized that the problem was with the STORE, NOT the sticky notes app, like i had first thought.

after 5 days of searching through the internet for solutions and trying them out, i finally fixed the problem today (even though i'm not sure how....something about re-registering the store and all the apps using the powershell...even though i'm sure I've tried something like that one time during those 5 days and it didn't work but anyway).

The point i'm trying to get at is that one of the things that i came across as "solutions" to this problem was to go to settings>apps then search for the windows store and "reset" it. Then I did that to the sticky notes app too at one point..because for some reason i thought the problem was with the sticky notes app. then i realized that NONE of the other windows apps were opening either. so i felt like a FOOL. i even clicked on "terminate" sticky notes...just out of...desperation?? I wasn't sure what i was doing...i knew i shouldn't have - i dont know why i did it. but yeah.

so my question is, if i reset the sticky notes app, is there Any way of restoring it? i had like 6 sticky notes but now theyre all gone. my gut tells me if i wanna get them back i'm probably gonna have to do a restore thing..for the whole computer...i hope not though. help me please

this was way longer than needed im sorry

P.S. there are no previous versions of the "StickyNotes.snt" file.

:)

bibsy7, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Sticky notes

Hi Idalee,

Yes, there is a possibility that the recent update may have disabled or corrupted the apps. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest repairing or resetting Sticky Notes on your PC. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and click Apps.
    • On the Apps & features tab, locate the name of the missing app.
    • Click the app and select Advanced options, then click Repair.
    • If the Repair option is not available or does not resolve the issue, you may also try the
      Reset option. However, it's more likely that you will lose any app data that was saved.
    • Once the repair or reset is completed, Sticky Notes should now reappear in the app list.
    • You may now pin it to the Start Menu.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 8, 2018
  4. can i restore sticky notes after reseting the app

the sticky note application.

Hi,

Sticky Notes is one of the default programs for Windows 10. Type Sticky Notes in the search box, then press enter. If you are encountering an error opening Sticky Notes, we recommend resetting the application. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps, then Apps & features in the left pane.
    • Locate Sticky Notes, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

can i restore sticky notes after reseting the app

1. can i restore sticky notes after reseting the app - Similar Threads - restore sticky notes

2. Can you restore Sticky Notes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you restore Sticky Notes?: Yesterday, I appear to have lost my sticky note with a lot of important information. Can this be restored? I was referred to this via: "Per checking issue description, this is sound issue with win 10. Since I am a support engineer for Office 365 Online Services, this issue is...
  3. Can you restore Sticky Notes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you restore Sticky Notes?: Yesterday, I appear to have lost my sticky note with a lot of important information. Can this be restored? I was referred to this via: "Per checking issue description, this is sound issue with win 10. Since I am a support engineer for Office 365 Online Services, this issue is...
  4. Restore Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Sticky Note: I just updated the Sticky Note. Upon completion, I delete the shortcut on the bottom bar and the Sticky Note also disappears under Windows Start menu. Is there any way to restore it or reset it to previous version or original version? Thanks!...
  5. Restore Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Sticky Note: I just updated the Sticky Note. Upon completion, I delete the shortcut on the bottom bar and the Sticky Note also disappears under Windows Start menu. Is there any way to restore it or reset it to previous version or original version? Thanks!...
  6. Restore Sticky Note

7. Sticky Notes Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sticky Notes Restore: Can someone help me find my Sticky Notes folder?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-restore/5cf1dc71-379f-403e-bdaf-7f7a0d115221
  8. Can sticky notes be retrieved after app has been reset?

Can sticky notes be retrieved after app has been reset?: I accidentally reset my sticky notes app and lost all the notes I had. I do not have any backups, previous versions, and am not logged in to Microsoft. I DO have EaseUS data recovery installed but would not know what to look for. Can I get my original sticky notes...
  9. Sticky notes restored

Sticky notes restored: If you have an account on sticky notes and reset the app ,the data will be saved or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-restored/e7a0898d-8298-4bd2-9f17-fbd7149fac2f
  10. Sticky notes lost after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sticky notes lost after reset: My sticky notes stopped working. I went to the app settings and chose to reset the app because it specifically stated that the “documents will jot be affected” when I hovered over the reset button. Why has it deleted all my stuff? No, I didn’t recently update my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore sticky notes after application reset