Windows 10: Can I restore Sticky Notes from a System Image backup?

Discus and support Can I restore Sticky Notes from a System Image backup? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My partner inadvertently deleted a Sticky Note and can't remember what it was about. I read the Tutorial on Windows 7 Forums about copying the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SaggyMaggyPoo, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Can I restore Sticky Notes from a System Image backup?

My partner inadvertently deleted a Sticky Note and can't remember what it was about.

I read the Tutorial on Windows 7 Forums about copying the StickyNotes.snt file as a backup and then being able to restore these (after deleting all current Sticky Notes), but of course we've never done this *Redface.

We have System Image backups that should have this note on them, but don't want to do a full System Image restore just for a Sticky Note (and we would lose other things if we did this). Should I be able to go into a System Image, locate the .snt file there and use this to restore the Sticky Notes in the same way?

I'm not registered with WIndows 7 Forums and don't want to register just to ask this question, hence posting it here.

Thanks

:)

SaggyMaggyPoo, Apr 2, 2016

2. How can I restore lost data from sticky notes on windows 10

How can I restore lost data from sticky notes on windows 10.

The information I had disappeared with my sticky notes and I cant retrieve the data

DavidSowerby1, Apr 2, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How can I restore lost data from sticky notes on windows 10

Hi David, this might be worth a try, if file history is turned on . . .

Open Windows File Explorer

On the view Ribbon, check the box marked 'Hidden Items'

Navigate to (replace username with your login name):

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes

Right click StickyNotes.snt, and choose Restore Previous Versions

DaveM121, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Can I restore Sticky Notes from a System Image backup?

depends how you created the system image....acronis true image allows folders file restore from an image, don't know about other programs....how about borrowing or buying a second hand HDD and restoring to that and getting the file off that you want.....if it has been very recently deleted from your PC, a free program called recuva might be able to find it

good luck

reddwarf4ever, Apr 2, 2016
  5. It's a Windows System Image. I can mount it and get into the files and folders okay, I just wondered if it would work in the same way as in the tutorial i.e. if I copy that file from the System Image and restore it onto the laptop, or whether that only works with a file from the laptop itself (does that make sense?).

I was wondering if anyone had done this?

It's a fairly recent deletion, but some clean-up stuff has been run since then, which might have removed it, but will have a look at Recuva. As it's a Sticky Note, not sure if it could be specified as an individual file, what do you think?

SaggyMaggyPoo, Apr 2, 2016
  6. you can specify the file extension I think with recuva...as for the mounting the image, don't see why you can't then get the file out and save it......but not in my area of expertise...

reddwarf4ever, Apr 2, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Should work. .snt file should be in C:\Users\<youraccount>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

Sticky Notes - Backup and Restore - Windows 7 Help Forums

Rename the current one to StickyNotes.snt.sav
    Copy the one from the backup image to that location.
    Logout then login and see if it works.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2016
  8. Can I restore Sticky Notes from a System Image backup?

That worked great, thank you. l thought it should but do prefer to check things out with someone who knows what they're doing before having a go myself!

*Thumbs

SaggyMaggyPoo, Apr 5, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Great, glad that worked for you.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I restore Sticky Notes from a System Image backup?

1. Can I restore Sticky Notes from a System Image backup? - Similar Threads - restore Sticky Notes

2. Can you restore Sticky Notes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you restore Sticky Notes?: Yesterday, I appear to have lost my sticky note with a lot of important information. Can this be restored? I was referred to this via: "Per checking issue description, this is sound issue with win 10. Since I am a support engineer for Office 365 Online Services, this issue is...
  3. Can you restore Sticky Notes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you restore Sticky Notes?: Yesterday, I appear to have lost my sticky note with a lot of important information. Can this be restored? I was referred to this via: "Per checking issue description, this is sound issue with win 10. Since I am a support engineer for Office 365 Online Services, this issue is...
  4. Restore Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Sticky Note: I just updated the Sticky Note. Upon completion, I delete the shortcut on the bottom bar and the Sticky Note also disappears under Windows Start menu. Is there any way to restore it or reset it to previous version or original version? Thanks!...
  5. Restore Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Sticky Note: I just updated the Sticky Note. Upon completion, I delete the shortcut on the bottom bar and the Sticky Note also disappears under Windows Start menu. Is there any way to restore it or reset it to previous version or original version? Thanks!...
  6. Restore Sticky Note

7. Restoring from system image backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  8. Sticky Notes backup/restore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sticky Notes backup/restore: Hi. Has anyone been backing up and restoring Sticky Notes moder app from Windows 10 1709 to Windows 10 1809? Sticky Notes from version 2.1.18.0 to Sticky Notes version 3.1.46.0. I am unable to restore data. Copy whole Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState...
  9. Sticky Notes Backup?

Sticky Notes Backup?: I tend to have a lot of Sticky Notes. Is there a way to back them up? Maybe to a Document file? Or, anywhere else? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/sticky-notes-backup/7cf04c4d-1fd6-4caf-8042-124e0ca81490
  10. Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your...