Windows 10: Can I retrieve data from old computer Hard Drive?

Discus and support Can I retrieve data from old computer Hard Drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My older laptop can not start therefore I thought by using News laptop with Windows 10 if, I can retrieve data from older Hard Drive? Before doing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ari94, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Ari94 Win User

Can I retrieve data from old computer Hard Drive?

My older laptop can not start therefore I thought by using News laptop with Windows 10 if, I can retrieve data from older Hard Drive?
    Before doing that I want to ask:
    1. Is it safe to retrieve data from old computer Hard Drive?
    2. To use older Hard Drive I got to buy Hard Drive Case with USB/AC adopter(if required)?
    and is it ATA or SATA , 2.5 inch. You can refer Hard Drive image and guide me.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Ari94, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Msap14 Win User

Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Nov 9, 2018
  3. xarzu Win User
    new system old hard drive...

I have an old hard drive that has those old ribbon connections to transfer data to the mother board.

I have a new computer that mostly uses those cool little ATA (I think that is what they are called) connections.

The new computer has a Vista OS.

I opened up the case and I was supprised to see on the motherboard a wide ribbon connection and so I connected the old hard drive and a free power connection.

When I turned on the computer, the system started up like usual and did not notice the new hard drive.

I went to the Control Pannel and did an automatic add hard drive call and it did not find the old hard drive.

Any suggestions?

xarzu, Nov 9, 2018
  4. LeeGreenberg Win User

How to retrieve old emails from dead computer hard drive for transfer to new computer and Outlook Express 6?

My old computer(windows XP) hard drive failed. No longer functional. Is there any way to retrieve all the saved emails, and photos from that hard drive, to my new windows 10 computer?

LeeGreenberg, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I retrieve data from old computer Hard Drive? - Similar Threads - retrieve data old

2. Ho to retrieve data from a formatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ho to retrieve data from a formatted hard drive: Hi, Is it possible to retrieve data from a formatted hard drive? I made a mistake while I was working on several external hard drives at a time and ended up formatting the wrong disc, ie. my private files and folder's disc. and I need this data back. I know that there are...
  3. Installing a old hard drive with windows 10 on it to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a old hard drive with windows 10 on it to a new computer: Hey everyone, So this weekend I will be building my first PC by myself after my old computer died. On my old computer I had Windows 10 installed on a M.2.. I'm wondering if its possible to just take that M.2 and put it in my new PC and have Windows 10 just transfer over?...
  4. Can I restore a computer from a thumb drive?

Can I restore a computer from a thumb drive?: I am out of room on HP stream and there is no room for MS Upgrade. All that is left is system files. Can I create a recovery on a thumb drive and then delete everything from the PC and restore from the thumb drive. There is not enough memory to run Reset....
  5. Can I retrieve c drive docs via boot menu?

Can I retrieve c drive docs via boot menu?: Hi. I am still having trouble with my windows 10 laptop constant going into automatic disk repair, but I have managed to reach the boot menu. I have 6 choices (HDD/SDD, ODD, LAN, USB, Enter setup, HDD Recovery) but what I am looking to do is retrieve my docs from the download...
  6. Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive: Just this evening I found the external hard drive used with our last PC. I have not connected it to our current PC in fear of making some dreadful mistake. My goal is to retrieve all jpg image files from that old drive. Note, I use File History to save files from our current...
  7. New computer can't access old hard drives

New computer can't access old hard drives: My old Asus laptop died last week, psu might be the issue. Anyway, decided to get a new laptop and just try to retrieve my info with an IDE/SATA adapter. Every time I connect up the old hard drive, the usual jingle chimes in to let me know I've connected something, but the...
  8. Deleted all in Password Mgr how to retrieve from external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Deleted all in Password Mgr how to retrieve from external hard drive?: *Huh I accidentally deleted all my passwords from my Password Manager, I back up daily to my 2Gb external hard drive, but have no idea how to retrieve & restore. I am old & half blind, please be gentle with me! Thanks,*Confused Sylvia p.s. I can't remember posting on here...
  9. Retrieving documents from a Windows 10 hard drive that won't boot up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Retrieving documents from a Windows 10 hard drive that won't boot up: Let me start by apologizing if this is the wrong area to post this. It seemed like the closest to my issue: My computer was originally Windows 7, upgraded for free to 10 during their upgrade campaign. I suspect I got a virus that my protection couldn't handle. My system...
  10. Data Hard Drive in This PC

Data Hard Drive in This PC: I got this PC yesterday and have noticed that there is a random empty drive in This PC. It says "762 GB free of 763 GB." Does this come with every OS and what is it used for? 21080