Windows 10: Can I retrieve original recovery media for Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I retrieve original recovery media for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I accidentally removed the original Windows 10 OS from the pen drive that I received along with the computer. Is it possible to retrieve it? Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scott Donald1, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Can I retrieve original recovery media for Windows 10?

I accidentally removed the original Windows 10 OS from the pen drive that I received along with the computer. Is it possible to retrieve it? Thank you in advance

:)

Scott Donald1, Apr 5, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Can I retrieve original recovery media for Windows 10? partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Apr 5, 2019
  3. BSOD Recovery Media Fails

Hi,

This issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
      • bootrec /fixmbr
      • bootrec /fixboot
      • bootrec /scanos
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Can I retrieve original recovery media for Windows 10?

Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Can I retrieve original recovery media for Windows 10?

1. Can I retrieve original recovery media for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - retrieve original recovery

2. Windows 10 original boot logo recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 original boot logo recovery: Hey, I am using windows 10 latest version. When I start my computer GIGABYTE logo appears and then circle moves beyond it. I don't know how did this happened but I want to change this to original windows 10 boot logo, I am using GIGABYTE motherboard...
  3. Retrieving Original Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retrieving Original Product Key: I am Using HP TS 14 Notebook PC. It was Pre installed with Windows 8 Home Edition. It was upgraded it to Windows 10 Home. My laptop suffered Hard Disk Failure so a new Hard Disk was inserted without Activation of Windows. I cannot Retrieve my Original Product Key. Please help...
  4. Is Windows 10 installed by Windows Media Creation tool original? Can it be updated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows 10 installed by Windows Media Creation tool original? Can it be updated?: Hello everyone... I have recently changed the motherboard of my PC, so I installed Windows 10 on my PC. But now, I'm facing some problems with updating Windows. But that doesn't matter as now I want to upgrade it using the Media Creation Tool. But, I'm a little confused...
  5. Retrieve recovery key

Retrieve recovery key: My DELL work Laptop was repaired under warranty to fix blackout. Now he says we should have a Recovery Key. No one in the office knows it or how to retrieve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-recovery-key/925f79fc-3001-4ac4-9eb4-3e7f08b7b6c2
  6. harddisk changed how to retrieve original windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    harddisk changed how to retrieve original windows 10: My laptop harddisk got corrupted, and it is changed by company but it has inbuilt windows 10 can someone suggest me how to retrieve original windows...
  7. Retrieve the missing recovery media - Windows 10

Retrieve the missing recovery media - Windows 10: Hi, I have deleted the original windows 10 os 15 gb backup from my pendrive which is given along with the laptop... Please help me to recover os from my pendrive .... ***Title changed from deleted os***...
  8. Retrieve the missing recovery media - Windows 10

Retrieve the missing recovery media - Windows 10: Hi, I have deleted the original windows 10 os 15 gb backup from my pendrive which is given along with the laptop... Please help me to recover os from my pendrive .... ***Title changed from deleted os***...
  9. Automatic retrieving of media/cd info for Windows 10 Media Player

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automatic retrieving of media/cd info for Windows 10 Media Player: Good day, I am ripping my cd's through Windows Media Player. It's commercial cd's I bought. I have to type in all the information as media player fail to obtain any media info automatically. I have tried the option "Find album info" but to no avail. My internet is...
  10. Retrieving original activation key for windows

Retrieving original activation key for windows: Hello! I bought a demo-pc in 2014 that came with win8, but i was unable to log in as i did not have the password, so i flashed windows 10 insider build. But i am tired of all the bugs, so i want to get the regular windows 10 build now. Does anyone know how i can do...