Windows 10: Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?

Discus and support Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi ,I had a very old laptop which had windows 7 Ultimate system, I forgot to save the product key from my windows 7 and installed windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rohovi Rochill, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?

Hi ,I had a very old laptop which had windows 7 Ultimate system, I forgot to save the product key from my windows 7 and installed windows 10 Pro downloaded from Microsoft website but I still have my product ID from windows 7 ultimate. Is there a way I can retrieve the product key with my product ID?If it can be retrieved can it still be used to activate my windows 10 which is currently not activated? Keeping in mind windows 7 and 8 support has endedIf it can be retrieved how and where can I do that? Note: I no longer have windows 7 OS on my PC and the several steps given to find product key

:)

Rohovi Rochill, Feb 23, 2023

2. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Feb 23, 2023
  3. maranna Win User
    product key/id

Is the product key different from the product id?
    I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to reinstall.

maranna, Feb 23, 2023
  4. Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?

Get Product Key from Product ID

Hi, I have recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10 installed. After that, I have formatted my Hard Drive, and installed Ubuntu on the machine. Now I want to use my previously purchased Windows 10 license for Windows
    10 running in VirtualBox, but I do not have the Product Key, only Product ID. How can I retrieve the Product Key from Product ID?

MilosMilovanovic, Feb 23, 2023
Thema:

Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?

1. Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID? - Similar Threads - retrieve product key

2. product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key retrieval: My son originally had an windows 8.1 that he upgraded to windows 10. Recently we changed out his motherboard, cpu and ram. I completely forgot about making sure it was linked to his microsoft account. So now we need to activate it and can't. He has the original product key...
  3. product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key retrieval: My son originally had an windows 8.1 that he upgraded to windows 10. Recently we changed out his motherboard, cpu and ram. I completely forgot about making sure it was linked to his microsoft account. So now we need to activate it and can't. He has the original product key...
  4. Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?: Hi ,I had a very old laptop which had windows 7 Ultimate system, I forgot to save the product key from my windows 7 and installed windows 10 Pro downloaded from Microsoft website but I still have my product ID from windows 7 ultimate. Is there a way I can retrieve the product...
  5. How to retrieve Windows product key when i have product ID only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve Windows product key when i have product ID only: Am using Lenovo PC but i cant activate windows since i misplaced Product key. I only have Product ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-windows-product-key-when-i-have/d1512b3a-e5b8-42b2-a2a6-f6e82cb5bccf
  6. How to retrieve Windows product key when i have product ID only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to retrieve Windows product key when i have product ID only: Am using Lenovo PC but i cant activate windows since i misplaced Product key. I only have Product ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-windows-product-key-when-i-have/d1512b3a-e5b8-42b2-a2a6-f6e82cb5bccf
  7. Retrieve Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Product Key: Can anyone advise me how to retrieve my WIN Pro Plus 2010 Product Key located in my PC order that I can "Activate" my Win Pro Plus 2010? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-product-key/41a604ee-f6f0-4e52-97ea-35026f7d9d7a
  8. Retrieve Product Key

Retrieve Product Key: Hi, I have reset my computer and can´t remember the product key for my MS Office - student. I made the purchase online. Have gone through my email but still can´t find it. How can I retrieve it?...
  9. Where can I retrieve my product ID?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I retrieve my product ID?: I purchased a subscription to MS Office that renews each year. I need to wipe my computer. I have a virus. But i will need to reinstall all apps. Where can I retrieve my 25 digit ID? Thanks....
  10. product key retrieval

product key retrieval: Tricky question : I have a surface pro3 purchased with original OEM version of Win10 home. Boxes thrown away years ago. It was upgraded by corporate IT to Win10 enterprise and in doing so they completely wiped the restore drive. I now wish to use this PC with Win10 home...