Windows 10: Can I return Windows 10, I purchased it on accident.

Discus and support Can I return Windows 10, I purchased it on accident. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was installing windows 10 and thought I needed a new license but it turns out I had one already. Can I return my digital windows 10 purchase as I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by StevenP1984, May 9, 2020.

1. Can I return Windows 10, I purchased it on accident.

I was installing windows 10 and thought I needed a new license but it turns out I had one already.

Can I return my digital windows 10 purchase as I really need the money and I do not need this product, as I said I purchased it on accident. Given that we are facing a pandemic, I would really appreciate the help. This was a hefty purchase and I feel like I was mislead into thinking I needed another license to install windows 10.

Thank you.

:)

StevenP1984, May 9, 2020

2. Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

I have made my decision and I am returning the Dell. After my money is refunded, I will have to do research and will have a choice on what to find that fits into my budget but better than the Dell. I hate returning things like this. It is so frustrating. I know a lot of you have recommended brands, models, and told me where to purchase a computer from, but if some of you could re-list some suggestions that would be very much appreciated. I need all of the help I can get with this.

Jesse Williams, May 9, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Return purchase of Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to return the purchase of Windows 10. I’ll certainly help you with the process. We would like to know if the purchase was made through Microsoft Store.

If you have purchased Windows 10 through Microsoft Store, you can easily request for a return by signing in to the

Order history
    page and then select
    Request a return
    for the order. For more information, I would suggest you to refer the instructions in the article on

Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund

You can also track the refund request online. Refer the article on
    Get the status of your return and refund from Microsoft Store

If you face any issues, you can get in touch with the
    Microsoft Store support
    team and they will help you in returning the purchase.

However, if you have not purchased Windows 10 from Microsoft Store, then in that case, I would suggest you to get in touch with the respective seller and request for a refund.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 9, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can I return Windows 10, I purchased it on accident.

Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro. I’ll certainly help you with the process.

You can easily request for a return by signing in to the
    Order history
    page and then select
    Request a return
    for the order. For more information, I would suggest you to refer the instructions in the article on

Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund

If you face any issues, you can get in touch with the
    Microsoft Store support
    team and they will help you in returning the purchase.

As you are facing issues with sound, you can refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Can I return Windows 10, I purchased it on accident.

1. Can I return Windows 10, I purchased it on accident. - Similar Threads - return purchased accident

2. I accidently purchase an App in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently purchase an App in Microsoft Store: Hello,I went to check the prices of the app, and when I clicked, it completed the purchase with the associated card. Could you please let me know how to get a refund?...
  3. I accidently purchase an App in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently purchase an App in Microsoft Store: Hello,I went to check the prices of the app, and when I clicked, it completed the purchase with the associated card. Could you please let me know how to get a refund?...
  4. Can I return my purchase of Windows 10?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I return my purchase of Windows 10?: I followed the instructions that are all over microsoft and went to my order history and looked for the option to return with no avail. Im really hoping I can receive the refund because I didn't mean to spend the $140 it somehow authorized without my attention. I only added...
  5. How can I return Windows 10 purchased on Amazon?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I return Windows 10 purchased on Amazon?: I purchased Windows 10 key from Amazon for my new PC. Now I return the PC and want to return the Windows key but Amazon said they do not accept return and I need to talk to Microsoft. How can I return, or how can i make use the key? Thanks,...
  6. Is it possible to return purchased windows 10 software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to return purchased windows 10 software: I have bought two windows 10 software by mistake is there a possibility of returning it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-return-purchased-windows-10/98294e42-23d9-40f9-ae91-2fd80dd0cf85
  7. Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version?: I purchased and have a product key for Windows 10 Home upgrade but then noticed I have Windows 7 Professional, and the Media Creation Tool downloaded Windows 10 Pro upgrade. How can I return my Home upgrade version for a Pro upgrade version?...
  8. Return purchase of Windows 10

Return purchase of Windows 10: Is there anyway to get my download fee refunded? I was unaware that i could not use windows 10 on a chromebook. ***Modified title from: Download refund***...
  9. Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro

Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro: Greg, I just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store because there was no sound from my laptop using the Home version and thought that the Pro version might be able to solve the problem. Unfortunately there was no sound from my laptop using...
  10. Can I return a laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I return a laptop?: What is the policy for returning laptops bought in a Microsoft Store? I did not really get a clear answer on the back of the receipt. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/can-i-return-a-laptop/1f1b2953-be17-4c3c-91ac-5a9d2f63aac1