Windows 10: Can I reuse my OEM key on the same PC after resetting?

Discus and support Can I reuse my OEM key on the same PC after resetting? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm planning on resting my PC using this method: Start menu>Settings>Update and Security>Reset this PC>Remove files and clean the drive. I'm wondering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adrian_cns, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:18 PM.

1. Can I reuse my OEM key on the same PC after resetting?

I'm planning on resting my PC using this method: Start menu>Settings>Update and Security>Reset this PC>Remove files and clean the drive.

I'm wondering if I can still use the same OEM key before the reset. Thanks

:)

2. JimWynne Win User

reusing windows 10 OEM key on same pc

The OEM key can be reused on the same hardware. It can't be transferred to new/different hardware. A retail key can be transferred to new hardware.,

3. windows 7 key reuse

I'm asking the second thing, if I can reuse my windows 7 key on another machine without any problems. (sorry, I see I forgot to mention it in the original post ^^)

4. Can I reuse my OEM key on the same PC after resetting?

windows 7 key reuse

Hey guys,

I'm selling my 1 year old laptop (laptop 2 in sig), which came with Vista OEM.
    I installed windows 7 on it with a key from MSDN. My best friend(the buyer) will format the laptop before he gives it to his sister, so I wanted to know how I can reuse my key for a new pc in the future.

I googled a little bit, but I couldn't find a clear answer. Will I have to call Microsoft or something?

kind regards,

Thema:

Can I reuse my OEM key on the same PC after resetting?

1. Can I reuse my OEM key on the same PC after resetting? - Similar Threads - reuse OEM key

2. can reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can reset my pc: i 've tried to reset my pc but nothing 's working. reset it in the setting and with a boot system and i get this error code: 0X8007001F-0X2000D installation faild in fase SAFE_OS with a failure at the MIGRATE_DATA...
  3. reusing my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reusing my product key: If I purchase windows 10 License key now and I upgrade on the PC I'm using now. If I go buy a new PC a week from now am I able to reuse my windows 10 product key on the new PC I purchased????...
  4. Can I Reuse My Product Key and USB Windows Installer after Upgrading Parts of my PC?

Can I Reuse My Product Key and USB Windows Installer after Upgrading Parts of my PC?: Happy New Year! I'm making some significant improvements to my PC and replacing the motherboard, CPU, GPU, and adding a new M.2 SSD (which I plan to install Windows 10 on). I purchased a Windows 10 product key which came with a USB flash drive for installing Windows 10...
  5. Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard Change. Can I reuse my key or need to purchase a...

Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard Change. Can I reuse my key or need to purchase a...: I am planning to change my 5 year-old motherboard because of incompatibility issues with newer hardwares as I am upgrading. Would I be able to reuse my keys that I used to activate windows 10 on motherboard old into activating windows 10 on motherboard new? Or do I need to...
  6. I can' reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can' reset my pc: I have a laptop that I use to play games like Fortnite, PUBG e.t.c. My computer has been very slow lately and my games have been freezing alloy. I did some research and found that I should reset my pc which I have done in the past and it has helped. When I tried to reset my...
  7. can i force my pc into reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i force my pc into reseting: hi, lately I noticed my computer was acting sluggish so I decided I need to factory reset but when I tried it said "free up 500mb more storage before your able to reset" or something along those lines and I did but when I went to go reset it this time it said free up 900mb...
  8. Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?: I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life. But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get...
  9. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC

I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC: Hello, HP ENVY laptop. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key because my Windows 10 is not activated anymore. There is no sticker on my PC and I cannot access the battery. I tried my friend "Windows 10 PRO" activation key and now my HP envy laptop is not...
  10. Can I reuse my Windows 7 Product Key in Windows 10?

Can I reuse my Windows 7 Product Key in Windows 10?: Hi at all! I am using Kubuntu and I must say that it's a very good OS, but I also need Windows because of the lack of programs, such as video editing programs and games. So, I have a question: - Can I download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft's Site and use my old Windows 7...