Windows 10: Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ?

Discus and support Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have old laptop that is damaged but with geniue windows 10 pro OEM product key now I have a new laptop. So if I don't use my previous laptop for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GiribabuAnisetti, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ?

I have old laptop that is damaged but with geniue windows 10 pro OEM product key now I have a new laptop. So if I don't use my previous laptop for years and years will I lose that windows product key . Can't I use that product key to upgrade my new laptops windows after years later.

Does windows 10 product key becomes invalid after years or it is valid for lifetime?

If I upgrade my windows 10 using previous laptop windows key then can I use my new laptop windows key which I got pre installed from manufacturer later whenever I want because I got home editon in new laptop and I have windows 10 pro OEM key in old laptop.

:)

GiribabuAnisetti, Sep 16, 2020
  2. EdEd_HK Win User

Reuse windows 10 production key from a so-broken-old-laptop?

I actually accidentally did some irreversible damage to my laptop, which is running on windows 10. Now I get a new one, but I would need to reuse the production key in order to have the new computer running on win10. As the old laptop is so broken that
    it won't boot, is there any way I can extract the key from it?

EdEd_HK, Sep 16, 2020
  3. windows 7 key reuse

Hey guys,

I'm selling my 1 year old laptop (laptop 2 in sig), which came with Vista OEM.
    I installed windows 7 on it with a key from MSDN. My best friend(the buyer) will format the laptop before he gives it to his sister, so I wanted to know how I can reuse my key for a new pc in the future.

I googled a little bit, but I couldn't find a clear answer. Will I have to call Microsoft or something?

kind regards,

CounterZeus, Sep 16, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ?

Ever bought your company laptop ? (Leased laptop after 3 years)

That's laughable. I'd expect 20% off the day it was removed from the box and 10% depreciation each year. The lease company is trying to fleece you because they know the old laptops are gonna go to auction and fetch far, far less.

For a 3 year old laptop at £3000 new I'd expect to pay less than £1700.

RCoon, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ?

1. Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ? - Similar Threads - reuse old unused

2. Reuse Windows key on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reuse Windows key on new laptop: Hello,I got a new laptop and want to transfer my win 11 pro license from my old laptop to my new one. On my old laptop is says that I'm using a digital license key, which is linked to my MS account. I already tried to use the commands:slmgr /upkslmgr /cpkyThe first one just...
  3. Reuse Windows key on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reuse Windows key on new laptop: Hello,I got a new laptop and want to transfer my win 11 pro license from my old laptop to my new one. On my old laptop is says that I'm using a digital license key, which is linked to my MS account. I already tried to use the commands:slmgr /upkslmgr /cpkyThe first one just...
  4. Can a 1 year old laptop run on 5G frequency?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a 1 year old laptop run on 5G frequency?: I have a Dell Inspiron 5518 laptop with 11th gen i5 cpu and wi-fi 6 enabled in it. Can it run on 5G spectrum in India? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-1-year-old-laptop-run-on-5g-frequency/6ebf30d5-de53-431f-8178-ceed297fadde
  5. Can a 1 year old laptop run on 5G frequency?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a 1 year old laptop run on 5G frequency?: I have a Dell Inspiron 5518 laptop with 11th gen i5 cpu and wi-fi 6 enabled in it. Can it run on 5G spectrum in India? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-1-year-old-laptop-run-on-5g-frequency/6ebf30d5-de53-431f-8178-ceed297fadde
  6. New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop: I have a year old PC that was running amazing, up until about a week ago when I started getting a ton of BSOD... I think I have overall resolved that issue, BUT the computer is running very slowly now. For instance from the windows login screen, entering PIN to loading into...
  7. New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop: I have a year old PC that was running amazing, up until about a week ago when I started getting a ton of BSOD... I think I have overall resolved that issue, BUT the computer is running very slowly now. For instance from the windows login screen, entering PIN to loading into...
  8. Year-old laptop suddenly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Year-old laptop suddenly slow: I have an Asus TUF fx505 gaming laptop with Windows 10. It's run games like Monster Hunter and Rainbow Six Siege fine since I got it a year ago, until last Thursday. I don't know how much of this is relevant, but I'll give you the full story anyways: I downloaded Rocket...
  9. Can I reuse my Windows 10 key later?

Can I reuse my Windows 10 key later?: Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer when I bought it. Im looking to switch to Linux fully. I've been on dual boot for a while and just don't see any point to it anymore. Is there a way to save my Windows 10 key now, and be able to use it during installation in case I...
  10. My first virus on my 8-year old laptop.

My first virus on my 8-year old laptop.: Question: I have a virus on my system and it's making my computer do weird things without me even touching it. I want to backup all my files/media onto my external storage in fear of them being corrupted by the virus (I don't even know if that's possible tbh). If I plug in my...