Windows 10: Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ?

Discus and support Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have old laptop that is damaged but with geniue windows 10 pro OEM product key now I have a new laptop. So if I don't use my previous laptop for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GiribabuAnisetti, Sep 16, 2020 at 9:42 AM.

1. Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ?

I have old laptop that is damaged but with geniue windows 10 pro OEM product key now I have a new laptop. So if I don't use my previous laptop for years and years will I lose that windows product key . Can't I use that product key to upgrade my new laptops windows after years later.

Does windows 10 product key becomes invalid after years or it is valid for lifetime?

If I upgrade my windows 10 using previous laptop windows key then can I use my new laptop windows key which I got pre installed from manufacturer later whenever I want because I got home editon in new laptop and I have windows 10 pro OEM key in old laptop.

:)

GiribabuAnisetti, Sep 16, 2020 at 9:42 AM
  2. EdEd_HK Win User

Reuse windows 10 production key from a so-broken-old-laptop?

I actually accidentally did some irreversible damage to my laptop, which is running on windows 10. Now I get a new one, but I would need to reuse the production key in order to have the new computer running on win10. As the old laptop is so broken that
    it won't boot, is there any way I can extract the key from it?

3. windows 7 key reuse

Hey guys,

I'm selling my 1 year old laptop (laptop 2 in sig), which came with Vista OEM.
    I installed windows 7 on it with a key from MSDN. My best friend(the buyer) will format the laptop before he gives it to his sister, so I wanted to know how I can reuse my key for a new pc in the future.

I googled a little bit, but I couldn't find a clear answer. Will I have to call Microsoft or something?

kind regards,

4. RCoon Win User

Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ?

Ever bought your company laptop ? (Leased laptop after 3 years)

That's laughable. I'd expect 20% off the day it was removed from the box and 10% depreciation each year. The lease company is trying to fleece you because they know the old laptops are gonna go to auction and fetch far, far less.

For a 3 year old laptop at £3000 new I'd expect to pay less than £1700.

Thema:

Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ?

1. Can I reuse my old unused laptop product key in new laptop after years and years later ? - Similar Threads - reuse old unused

2. Can I Reuse Windows 10 From A Old Laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Reuse Windows 10 From A Old Laptop?: I am going to build a PC, I want to know whether I can reuse Windows 10 Home 64 Bit from an old laptop which had windows preinstalled when I bought it, I have the product key as well. If yes, how do I do that?...
  3. My first virus on my 8-year old laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My first virus on my 8-year old laptop.: Question: I have a virus on my system and it's making my computer do weird things without me even touching it. I want to backup all my files/media onto my external storage in fear of them being corrupted by the virus (I don't even know if that's possible tbh). If I plug in my...
  4. can i return my unused product key for a refund?

can i return my unused product key for a refund?: Hello, I've spent a day and a half trying to figure out how to update my old laptop to windows 10. I bought a product key yesterday from Microsoft and tried to use it but it didn't work. I finally figured out how to install windows 10 but I don't need my product key...
  5. Reuse my os on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reuse my os on new laptop: Hi Team, I bought windows 8 pro for my old laptop On 2012 later it was upgraded to windows 10.currently my laptop is getting old and i am planning to buy a new one. Is it possible to use the product key used in my old laptop(once it is scrapped)in my new laptop. Thanks...
  6. Product Key from old laptop

Product Key from old laptop: So it seems my new laptops windows isn't genuine. I thought about buying a new copy of windows but then remembered I have this old laptop with its product key still available (but the laptop is demolished), cant I use the product key of the old laptop to activate windows on...
  7. reusing my product key

reusing my product key: If I purchase windows 10 License key now and I upgrade on the PC I'm using now. If I go buy a new PC a week from now am I able to reuse my windows 10 product key on the new PC I purchased????...
  8. Reuse windows 10 production key from a so-broken-old-laptop?

Reuse windows 10 production key from a so-broken-old-laptop?: I actually accidentally did some irreversible damage to my laptop, which is running on windows 10. Now I get a new one, but I would need to reuse the production key in order to have the new computer running on win10. As the old laptop is so broken that it won't boot, is there...
  9. BSOD after 2 year of laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 2 year of laptop: Hi guys, I had a BSOD after so long of using the laptop no problem, only hardware change that happened was that laptop is conected to a monitor through display port, and one day ago, I conected that monitor too, to another computer though HDMI but that computer is turned off...
  10. My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old

in Windows 10 Support
    My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old: I got my HP Pavilion in October 2015 as a birthday present. It's 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10, AMD A10 processor, 64 bit. It was working really well for a little while, but a few weeks ago I started noticing problems and now... well, they have gotten much worse....