Windows 10: Can I Reuse My Product Key and USB Windows Installer after Upgrading Parts of my PC?

Discus and support Can I Reuse My Product Key and USB Windows Installer after Upgrading Parts of my PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Happy New Year! I'm making some significant improvements to my PC and replacing the motherboard, CPU, GPU, and adding a new M.2 SSD (which I plan to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xSitruc13x, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Can I Reuse My Product Key and USB Windows Installer after Upgrading Parts of my PC?

Happy New Year!

I'm making some significant improvements to my PC and replacing the motherboard, CPU, GPU, and adding a new M.2 SSD (which I plan to install Windows 10 on). I purchased a Windows 10 product key which came with a USB flash drive for installing Windows 10 back in 2016. I activated windows and still have my product key and USB Flash Drive that I used for activation and installing the OS.

I understand that the product key is only valid for 1 active PC at a time but my concern is that because of all the hardware changes my product key won't be accepted when I do a fresh install of Windows 10 on my new SSD. Is there a way to remove the activated product key from my existing OS/MS account so I can move it to the new SSD when I do a fresh install of Windows 10? If there isn't a way to transfer the product key... will the fresh install active when I sign into my MS account since it is supposed to be tied to that as well?

I've read through several articles on the website and it looks like I might have to contact MS Customer Support since I'm changing all of this stuff out... but I wanted to see if anyone else had gone through this before.

Thanks!

xSitruc13x

:)

xSitruc13x, Jan 1, 2019

2. Window 10 Product Key Reuse

Hi. I need to replace the hard drive of my laptop so I will have to do a clean Windows 10 installation from a fresh HDD.

QUESTIONS:

1. Can I reuse my Window 10 product key?

2. Where can I see the Window 10 product key?

Also, my workstation is originally a Window 8.1 machine meaning I'am using a upgraded Window 10 version.

ArafatPokaan, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Reusing windows 10 retail product key from broken pc

Soon after windows 8 first came out I downloaded it and purchased the product key which I used to upgrade from windows XP. There was a special offer at the time which meant it cost only about £15.00 but it is a genuine retail key not OEM. I later upgraded
    to windows 10 using that product key. After some months the computer, which was really quite old, broke down completely. I now have a new windows 10 computer. However this only has windows 10 home installed and the key for the old computer is the pro version.
    I have read that you can deactivate a product key on one machine and reuse it on a new one. However, as the old computer does not work I cannot do this. Is there any other way to deactivate and reuse the old product key on my new computer?

AnthonyCrossland, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Can I Reuse My Product Key and USB Windows Installer after Upgrading Parts of my PC?

windows 7 key reuse

I'm asking the second thing, if I can reuse my windows 7 key on another machine without any problems. (sorry, I see I forgot to mention it in the original post ^^)

CounterZeus, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Can I Reuse My Product Key and USB Windows Installer after Upgrading Parts of my PC?

1. Can I Reuse My Product Key and USB Windows Installer after Upgrading Parts of my PC? - Similar Threads - Reuse Product Key

2. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key reuse: I recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad y580 for gaming purposes. It came preinstalled with windows 10 64 but which had been activated. Now most of the games I'm playing are old and are designed for 32 bit. Most run fine but some very important ones like Deadpool and others...
  3. Product key reuse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key reuse: I recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad y580 for gaming purposes. It came preinstalled with windows 10 64 but which had been activated. Now most of the games I'm playing are old and are designed for 32 bit. Most run fine but some very important ones like Deadpool and others...
  4. Reusing a product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reusing a product key.: Hi! I'm currently building a new AMD PC, due to my previous Intel PC being unusable. I was wondering is there anyway to disable the copy of windows on the old PC and use that key on the new one?...
  5. Reusing a product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reusing a product key.: Hi! I'm currently building a new AMD PC, due to my previous Intel PC being unusable. I was wondering is there anyway to disable the copy of windows on the old PC and use that key on the new one?...
  6. Reusing a product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Reuse my windows 10 product key

Reuse my windows 10 product key: Hey guys, Recently my laptop kicked the bucket so instead of getting it repaired I'm building my own desktop. Just wanted to know if its possible to use my old windows 10 product key on my new device seeing as the old laptop ceases to be? Thanks...
  8. Can I reuse my OEM key on the same PC after resetting?

Can I reuse my OEM key on the same PC after resetting?: I'm planning on resting my PC using this method: Start menu>Settings>Update and Security>Reset this PC>Remove files and clean the drive. I'm wondering if I can still use the same OEM key before the reset. Thanks...
  9. reusing my product key

reusing my product key: If I purchase windows 10 License key now and I upgrade on the PC I'm using now. If I go buy a new PC a week from now am I able to reuse my windows 10 product key on the new PC I purchased????...
  10. Can I reuse my Windows 7 Product Key in Windows 10?

Can I reuse my Windows 7 Product Key in Windows 10?: Hi at all! I am using Kubuntu and I must say that it's a very good OS, but I also need Windows because of the lack of programs, such as video editing programs and games. So, I have a question: - Can I download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft's Site and use my old Windows 7...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i reuse my existing publisher productkey on my new pc