Windows 10: Can I reuse my Windows License if I blanked my HDD?

Discus and support Can I reuse my Windows License if I blanked my HDD? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. If I buy a PC with Windows 10 on it and wipe the drive to install Linux - can I still use the W10 license again? Thanks. submitted by /u/Royaourt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Royaourt, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Can I reuse my Windows License if I blanked my HDD?

Hi. If I buy a PC with Windows 10 on it and wipe the drive to install Linux - can I still use the W10 license again? Thanks.

submitted by /u/Royaourt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Royaourt, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Va IM Win User

Reuse windows license key.

Hello Supporter,

My old laptop was broken, my Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office license installed there.

Is there anyways for me to reuse the licenses key?

My old laptop Latitude broken Motherboard, cannot repair. so I cannot uninstall the license key.

Thanks

Va IM, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 licensing 250 people and reusing licenses

What is the best we to reuse Windows 10 licenses and manage the keys with 250 people?

Seth Phillips (sphillips), Nov 30, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Can I reuse my Windows License if I blanked my HDD?

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Can I reuse my Windows License if I blanked my HDD?

1. Can I reuse my Windows License if I blanked my HDD? - Similar Threads - reuse License blanked

2. Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?: I just upgraded from HDD to SSD and when I use my laptop it says windows is not activated, can i somehow use the windows key I had before the upgrade ?...
  3. Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?: I just upgraded from HDD to SSD and when I use my laptop it says windows is not activated, can i somehow use the windows key I had before the upgrade ?...
  4. Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can I reuse my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reuse my email address: Dear sir/madam, My question is that after closing the Microsoft account, we can create a new account from the deleted email id or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reuse-my-email-address/9b6329cc-cd80-4ea2-ba96-c810783001d1
  6. Can I reuse my email address

Can I reuse my email address: Dear sir/madam, My question is that after closing the Microsoft account, we can create a new account from the deleted email id or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reuse-my-email-address/9b6329cc-cd80-4ea2-ba96-c810783001d1
  7. Reusing a Windows License

Reusing a Windows License: If my PC suddenly stops working and won't boot and I've got no way to unlicense Windows on it, is there a way I can reuse that license key that I paid for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reusing-a-windows-license/778e0bfc-12fa-4bc0-bcf3-7ae73d0bbd05
  8. If I deactivate my w10 can I reuse the license key on a different installation / computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I deactivate my w10 can I reuse the license key on a different installation / computer?: I have an older laptop that is just too slow to use, I want to deactivate my w10 Enterprise installation so I can use that key on a different computer, is this the correct procedure, and is there anything I need to know? Is there any way to verify that this key will work in...
  9. Can I reuse my Windows 10 key later?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I reuse my Windows 10 key later?: Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer when I bought it. Im looking to switch to Linux fully. I've been on dual boot for a while and just don't see any point to it anymore. Is there a way to save my Windows 10 key now, and be able to use it during installation in case I...
  10. Reusing my license of win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reusing my license of win 10: Hi I have a pc with a win 10 installed. It is a digital lisence, and an upgrade from win 8. My system disc crashed, and i need to reinstall win 10. I dont have the old win 8 copy anymore so i cant find the product key. I looked but cannot find the product key listed in my...