Windows 10: Can I Reuse Windows 10 From A Old Laptop?

Discus and support Can I Reuse Windows 10 From A Old Laptop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am going to build a PC, I want to know whether I can reuse Windows 10 Home 64 Bit from an old laptop which had windows preinstalled when I bought it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zero_miner121, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Can I Reuse Windows 10 From A Old Laptop?

I am going to build a PC, I want to know whether I can reuse Windows 10 Home 64 Bit from an old laptop which had windows preinstalled when I bought it, I have the product key as well. If yes, how do I do that?

:)

zero_miner121, Aug 26, 2020
  2. EdEd_HK Win User

Reuse windows 10 production key from a so-broken-old-laptop?

I actually accidentally did some irreversible damage to my laptop, which is running on windows 10. Now I get a new one, but I would need to reuse the production key in order to have the new computer running on win10. As the old laptop is so broken that
    it won't boot, is there any way I can extract the key from it?

EdEd_HK, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Can I Reuse Windows 10 From A Old Laptop?

windows 7 key reuse

Hey guys,

I'm selling my 1 year old laptop (laptop 2 in sig), which came with Vista OEM.
    I installed windows 7 on it with a key from MSDN. My best friend(the buyer) will format the laptop before he gives it to his sister, so I wanted to know how I can reuse my key for a new pc in the future.

I googled a little bit, but I couldn't find a clear answer. Will I have to call Microsoft or something?

kind regards,

CounterZeus, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Can I Reuse Windows 10 From A Old Laptop?

1. Can I Reuse Windows 10 From A Old Laptop? - Similar Threads - Reuse Old Laptop

2. can I install windows 10 on an old laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can I install windows 10 on an old laptop?: I bought a second hand cheap laptop, I have to do an assignment using windows It does not work on iOS. Anyway, it has a windows 7, when I go into the system updates, it only shows windows 7, can I update into a newer version somehow?I got an error message when I tried to do...
  3. can I install windows 10 on an old laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I install windows 10 on an old laptop?: I bought a second hand cheap laptop, I have to do an assignment using windows It does not work on iOS. Anyway, it has a windows 7, when I go into the system updates, it only shows windows 7, can I update into a newer version somehow?I got an error message when I tried to do...
  4. can I install windows 10 on an old laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. old microsoft tablet not responding to password- anything i can do to reuse it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    old microsoft tablet not responding to password- anything i can do to reuse it: Ive found an old tablet . Its wanting an old password I assume but it isnt responding to any Ive tried as last password used . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-microsoft-tablet-not-responding-to-password/60aa4e82-64f3-4e78-98d0-fb4846bc7f24
  6. How do I reuse an old password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reuse an old password?: So this morning when I turned on my computer, it forced me to go through a verification process that I tried to skip, and forced me to change my password without my consent. I had seen a forum post...
  7. WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT REUSE OLD PASSWORDS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT REUSE OLD PASSWORDS: This is incredible frustrating. I forgot my password once, and this started a chain of forgetting my passwords, and now eveyr password ive ever used in my entire life cannot be used iwht my microsoft account. so eveyr single time i try to login i cannot remember the...
  8. Reuse Window licenses from a broken laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reuse Window licenses from a broken laptop: Good day, I purchased a lenovo laptop some years back that come with Window 8 and I upgrade to Window 10 Home when free upgrade is available. However now that laptop had broken and I cannot start it up, I intend to buy a new laptop. I am wondering can i reuse back my...
  9. Reusing old HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reusing old HDD: I just got an ssd for my pc. I want to use it as my boot drive, and my old hard drive for storage. Do I need wipe the HDD, and if so, how do I do it? submitted by /u/TheThirdWheel13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/erwehu/reusing_old_hdd/
  10. Reuse windows 10 production key from a so-broken-old-laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reuse windows 10 production key from a so-broken-old-laptop?: I actually accidentally did some irreversible damage to my laptop, which is running on windows 10. Now I get a new one, but I would need to reuse the production key in order to have the new computer running on win10. As the old laptop is so broken that it won't boot, is there...