Windows 10: Can I revert back to Windows 8 from Windows 10

Discus and support Can I revert back to Windows 8 from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I use a Lenovo tablet that really wasn't supposed to handle Windows 10, but I tried it and it worked for a while. But with each Windows 10 update there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rharristx, Nov 25, 2019.

1. rharristx Win User

Can I revert back to Windows 8 from Windows 10

I use a Lenovo tablet that really wasn't supposed to handle Windows 10, but I tried it and it worked for a while. But with each Windows 10 update there seems to be more problems. Is it possible to revert back to Windows 8?

:)

rharristx, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I revert back to Windows 8 from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - revert

2. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...: The referenced post does not state whether the problem was ever solved. Other posts that reference the same problem are found in on-line searches; however, no indication that issue was solved. In addition, a majority of responses ignore the statement of the problem and simply...
  3. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...: The referenced post does not state whether the problem was ever solved. Other posts that reference the same problem are found in on-line searches; however, no indication that issue was solved. In addition, a majority of responses ignore the statement of the problem and simply...
  4. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  6. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  7. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  8. Settings revert after Windows update

Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  9. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...
  10. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...