Windows 10: Can I revert back?

Discus and support Can I revert back? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I recently had my Windows 10 Education install destroyed by some malware. after Malwarebytes asked me to reboot, I did as followed, and I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Memes4cash, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Can I revert back?

Hi.

I recently had my Windows 10 Education install destroyed by some malware. after Malwarebytes asked me to reboot, I did as followed, and I was prompted wit the message: "Operating system not found." Seeing nothing else to do, I installed Windows 10 home. The contents were moved to Windows.old001.

Is there any way I can go back to Windows 10 education? (P.S, I checked if I had any restore points, and I did not.)

:)

Memes4cash, Apr 14, 2019
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Can I revert back? [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Can I revert back? [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Apr 14, 2019
  3. LEEFH33 Win User
    WIN10 UPDATES NOT WORKING. HOW TO REVERT TO WIN7?

Thank you for responding.

Just to clarify, your steps listed here is to allow me to revert to WIN7?

LEEFH33, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Kantastic Win User

Can I revert back?

Reverting back to IE8

I manually installed the new IE9 Beta to try it out, but there are some issues with it and I'm looking to revert back to IE8. I tried going to my installed updates and I didn't see it there, it isn't under my installed programs list either.

Short of doing a system restore, what else can I do?

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Kantastic, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Can I revert back?

1. Can I revert back? - Similar Threads - revert

2. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  3. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Support
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  4. CLM-game reverted to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLM-game reverted to start: , I was playing my game when it changed to day 1 page. How can I revert back to the last day that I plated, about 3 days ago. Tech support offered some advice but it did not help....
  5. Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default?: I changed my .pdf default to PDFComplete, and it reverts back to IE often. My guess is it happens every time MS does an update to my Win10 Pro (v 1803 Build 17134.706). Any thoughts on how to prevent this in the future? Running on HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF 131330
  6. Folder Reverting to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Reverting to Read Only: I have two drives. My C drive and my D drive. I use my D drive as an external hard drive, but it's internal. My C drive is an SSD and my D drive is an HDD. My SSD is too small, so everything large goes on the HDD. Every folder in my HDD is read-only. I right click the folder...
  7. Horrible stuttering with 1903, how to revert to 1809?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Horrible stuttering with 1903, how to revert to 1809?: I have awful stuttering in all games with 1903 that I didn't have in 1809. Is there any way I can revert to the older build? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/horrible-stuttering-with-1903-how-to-revert-to/050695f0-754c-4958-bcb1-4a5c0fc669ec
  8. Latest update bricked my pc, can't revert or fix.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update bricked my pc, can't revert or fix.: Yesterday's windows update failed to install and froze at 20% of the way through, upon restarting my computer I'm no longer able to use my computer I get this error upon booting if my computer doesnt immediatly freeze upon booting up "Your pc couldnt turn off properly...
  9. Can't revert documents and pictures folders rto default location on C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't revert documents and pictures folders rto default location on C: drive: Since the latest install of W10 it appears that the documents and pictures folders on my PC are in fact in the ONeDrive folder and not at all where they used to be. I do not want them in the OneDrive folder! I want them on my PC where they always used to be. However when I...
  10. Sound reverts to PC speakers when TV switched off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound reverts to PC speakers when TV switched off: Equipment LG TV <===> Pioneer AV AMP <===> Radeon card in HP Z600 <===> HDMI Monitor Windows 10 Pro I want use Netflix , Youtube, Groove etc on my TV with the sound going through my HiFi speakers. I also watch Netflix on my TV originating from my PC. Netflix on a PC...