Windows 10: Can I revert to Windows 7 a second time?

Discus and support Can I revert to Windows 7 a second time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I like Windows 10 but it caused too many problems, so I used the option to revert to Windows 7. This has also meant a return to getting insistent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bunyip22, Oct 9, 2015.

1. bunyip22 Win User

Can I revert to Windows 7 a second time?

I like Windows 10 but it caused too many problems, so I used the option to revert to Windows 7. This has also meant a return to getting insistent messages wanting me to install Windows 10 again (and on one occasion, an attempt to install it without my permission). My question is, if I do reinstall Windows 10 and run into the same problems, will I have the option to return to Windows 7 a second time?

:)

bunyip22, Oct 9, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

Can I revert to Windows 7 after a fresh install of Windows 10?

If you clean install Windows 10 you can't roll back to Windows 7 but you can still clean install Windows 7 if you have the media using your original Windows 7 key. The only restriction is you can't use both at the same time so it's either one or the other.

neilpzz, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Can I revert to Windows 7 after a fresh install of Windows 10?

Hello,

I was planning on doing a clean install of Windows 10 on my PC.

I wanted to use the bootable media to format the drive then install Win10. I did not want to use the 'upgrade' feature in my existing copy of Win7.

Will I still be able to revert to Windows 7 if I use my 7 key to activate Windows 10?

Matt Blaul, Oct 9, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes. Should be valid for 30 days after the second upgrade to Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Oct 9, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Although a good system image backup made with a program like Macrium Reflect Free is still a much safer alternative than trusting the Windows 10 revert function, and will be available after the 30 days revert period.

I would also recommend using showkey plus on this forum under apps and software to find and record your Windows 7 product key, if you don't have it written down already.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I revert to Windows 7 a second time? - Similar Threads - revert second

2. Can I revert to windows 10 from windows 11 within 10 days for a second time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I revert to windows 10 from windows 11 within 10 days for a second time?: I had tried windows 11 and reverted back to windows 10 within 10 days without any issues. Installed a new printer and needed tech support who accesed my screen. In the process of trying to fix the printer he clicked upgrade to windows 11. My PC is now asking to restart to...
  3. Can I revert to windows 10 from windows 11 within 10 days for a second time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I revert to windows 10 from windows 11 within 10 days for a second time?: I had tried windows 11 and reverted back to windows 10 within 10 days without any issues. Installed a new printer and needed tech support who accesed my screen. In the process of trying to fix the printer he clicked upgrade to windows 11. My PC is now asking to restart to...
  4. My task manager says 99% when I open it and reverts back down after one second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task manager says 99% when I open it and reverts back down after one second: When I open up the system a bunch of cmd windows just quick fire and then disappear, then when I open the task manager it displays 99% CPU for a fraction of a second and then reverts down to about 14% or so which is the normal range....
  5. My task manager says 99% when I open it and reverts back down after one second

My task manager says 99% when I open it and reverts back down after one second: When I open up the system a bunch of cmd windows just quick fire and then disappear, then when I open the task manager it displays 99% CPU for a fraction of a second and then reverts down to about 14% or so which is the normal range....
  6. Automatic Reverting to previous display settings in minus -1 second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Reverting to previous display settings in minus -1 second: When I try to change resolution of monitor or distribution of screen between 2 monitors - pop-up windows "KEEP THESE DISPLAY SETTING" will disappear immediately so I am not able to keep changes. Monitor revert back to former resolution and setting.Time for keep change is...
  7. Automatic Reverting to previous display settings in minus -1 second

Automatic Reverting to previous display settings in minus -1 second: When I try to change resolution of monitor or distribution of screen between 2 monitors - pop-up windows "KEEP THESE DISPLAY SETTING" will disappear immediately so I am not able to keep changes. Monitor revert back to former resolution and setting.Time for keep change is...
  8. Automatic Reverting to previous display settings in minus -1 second

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...: Problem: I have a strange issue with my secondary monitor a Dell S2721Q constantly reverting to an incorrect refresh rate which causes it to display a black frame every few seconds. Like clockwork the monitor will flash a black frame or look as though it's shutting off then...
  10. Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...

Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...: Problem: I have a strange issue with my secondary monitor a Dell S2721Q constantly reverting to an incorrect refresh rate which causes it to display a black frame every few seconds. Like clockwork the monitor will flash a black frame or look as though it's shutting off then...