Windows 10: Can i rollback to windows 7 after clean install windows 10?

Discus and support Can i rollback to windows 7 after clean install windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Look...i did the free upgrade to windows 10,then i did a format (clean install) wos 10 with a bootable usb...can i go back to windows 7 to delete vpn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by georgemiller, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Can i rollback to windows 7 after clean install windows 10?

Look...i did the free upgrade to windows 10,then i did a format (clean install) wos 10 with a bootable usb...can i go back to windows 7 to delete vpn client and then back to windows 10?

:)

georgemiller, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro problems

Yes you can try this for rollback to windows 7.

After rollback you need to perform the steps for successful windows 10 upgrading...

You can make clean install your windows 10 for smooth run..

Gopal Raha, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows Vista rollback option no longer available after less than a week?

You don't get a "rollback" option when you do a clean install of Windows 10 so it wasn't "removed without your consent."

You can format the HDD & do a clean install of Windows Vista but you cannot "rollback" to Windows Vista after doing a clean install of Windows 10.

If you'd upgraded a Windows 7 or a Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 10, you'd be able to "rollback" to the previous Windows version within 30 days of upgrading (if luck was on your side).

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 6, 2015
  4. iBawbag Win User

Can i rollback to windows 7 after clean install windows 10?

Yes....Clean install of Windows 7

iBawbag, Aug 6, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Word of caution: back up, back up, back up.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Whatphoeb Win User
    Downgrading to your older OS requires that you still have your Windows.old folder at C:\Windows.old. If you typically delete that after upgrading, or you’ve done a post-upgrade clean install of Windows 10, you’re out of luck.

Whatphoeb, Aug 7, 2015
  7. mohamed Win User
    may be if you have recovery partition

mohamed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can i rollback to windows 7 after clean install windows 10?

1. Can i rollback to windows 7 after clean install windows 10? - Similar Threads - rollback clean install

2. clean install windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean install windows 7: my name is DavidMy computer crashed and Microsoft informed me it was fake now there are some MS pages that won't load, and I don't have MS store and I've tried it all and something keeps happening to keep me from fixing the rest of windows 7 pro it took me 3 days and a boot...
  3. clean install windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean install windows 7: my name is DavidMy computer crashed and Microsoft informed me it was fake now there are some MS pages that won't load, and I don't have MS store and I've tried it all and something keeps happening to keep me from fixing the rest of windows 7 pro it took me 3 days and a boot...
  4. Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10: My Dad said he wanted a fresh install of windows 10, he previously has upgraded from win 7 to 10. I have already prepared an installation media with the media creation tool but it was done on my old pc and I selected to upgrade for another pc / ISO creation rather than...
  5. Will Windows 7 still boot after Windows 10 clean install?

Will Windows 7 still boot after Windows 10 clean install?: I have a Dell laptop which came with an OEM version of Windows 7 installed. the laptop BIOS is in Legacy mode and HDD is type MBR. I have clean installed a trial version of Windows 10 on a separate HDDalso type MBR doing so by swapping out the Win 7 HDD using the same laptop....
  6. How can I restore windows 7 after installing Windows 10?

How can I restore windows 7 after installing Windows 10?: I tried "Settings" "Update & Security" "Recovery" But it says I cant because I updated more than 10 days ago. I can't find my Windows 7 install disk. Can I buy one? Or download the installation?...
  7. what is clean rollback

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is clean rollback: We let a scammer take control of our computer. I read that I should do a clean rollback. How do I do this? Should it be done by a professional? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-clean-rollback/d684d3ae-ba62-48ce-923e-0ed43d68d669"
  8. Problem after rollback windows 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem after rollback windows 10 to 7: Hello everybody, I have an ASUS laptop that is on Windows 7 Home Edition. I made the mistake of yielding to the insistent messages inviting me to use Windows 10. After I realized that this version does not work with Firefox or with kapersky nor with my printer, etc, I made...
  9. Clean re installing Windows 7

Clean re installing Windows 7: Hi I have problems with one of my PC after the recent Windows 10 upgrade and having several issues occurring intermittently (can't browse internet. Internet / WiFi connection gets disconnected time to time) and prefer to reinstall Windows 7 on this PC until windows 10...
  10. Rollback to Windows 8.1 then CLean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Rollback to Windows 8.1 then CLean install: I upgraded to windows 10 but now I want to roll back to windows 8.1. In the future if I want to perform a clean install in my laptop will my windows 10 still be activated? 16086