Windows 10: Can I run an app on another computer on my Windows 10 network?

Discus and support Can I run an app on another computer on my Windows 10 network? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 5 computers networked -- two desktops (one running windows 10 and one running windows 7 pro); and three laptops (2 running windows 10 and 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MyrnaTaylor1, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Can I run an app on another computer on my Windows 10 network?

I have 5 computers networked -- two desktops (one running windows 10 and one running windows 7 pro); and three laptops (2 running windows 10 and 1 runninng windows 7 pro). I am going to be laid up for six weeks with a cast on my leg, and I want to run my bookkeeping software on my win 10 desktop from a win 10 laptop in my "sick room." Is this possible?

:)

MyrnaTaylor1, Oct 4, 2019
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Oct 4, 2019
  3. updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Thishis is helpful but not honestly the issue with Windows 10.

The problem is for Windows 10 to see ANY DEVICE or Network Device or Printer or USB drive is REBOOT!

But only after your suggestions. Example below of a posted thread I put on Facebook:

Let me get this straight please:

I have a Windows 95 and XP computer behind me and they see this computer on the network fine, but I have to reboot Windows 10 to see them?

Which OS sucks.........Windows 10 seems to be worse then Windows 95!!!!!!

You have to ask why do I need to Reboot Windows 10 at the drop of a hat to get anything done?

Windows 95 is better then Windows 10 as I did not have to REBOOT the Windows 95 Computer to see Windows 10!

My Gawd even a DOS machine is not this crappy! It sees the Windows 10 computer without a REBOOT!

Windows 10 is a clear step backwards in being backwards compatibility and function.

How did this product of Windows 10 ever make it out of the shop and onto our desktops?

RichardGilbertson, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Can I run an app on another computer on my Windows 10 network?

computer running windows 10 cannot connect to internet via gigabit switch

Hello,

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Can I run an app on another computer on my Windows 10 network?

1. Can I run an app on another computer on my Windows 10 network? - Similar Threads - run app another

2. You can not access another computer on the Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You can not access another computer on the Network: Home networrk connects a laptop windows 10 to new desktop Windows 11. The icons show up under NETWORK, but when i use laptop to connnect to the new desktop i get message, "Does not have permission to access \\Dell-3910." Any suggestions?...
  3. You can not access another computer on the Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You can not access another computer on the Network: Home networrk connects a laptop windows 10 to new desktop Windows 11. The icons show up under NETWORK, but when i use laptop to connnect to the new desktop i get message, "Does not have permission to access \\Dell-3910." Any suggestions?...
  4. Can I unlink a computer, from my OneDrive app on another computer, or iPhone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I unlink a computer, from my OneDrive app on another computer, or iPhone?: I'm going through a real hellish of a problem here. My OP is hereAm posting a new question because it's getting to be a long chain of replies. Here are the facts:There's computer A which I do NOT have admin access toI signed into my Microsoft Acct in Word, to access a word...
  5. Can I unlink a computer, from my OneDrive app on another computer, or iPhone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I unlink a computer, from my OneDrive app on another computer, or iPhone?: I'm going through a real hellish of a problem here. My OP is hereAm posting a new question because it's getting to be a long chain of replies. Here are the facts:There's computer A which I do NOT have admin access toI signed into my Microsoft Acct in Word, to access a word...
  6. Can my computer run Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can my computer run Windows 10?: So i have a laptop from 2011 installed Windows 7 Starter by default. How do i upgrade to Windows 10? Im not planning to buy a laptop/pc in this tough time, so I bought Windows 10 Home, but i dont know how to install it. If helpful, this is my laptop specs: - Processor:...
  7. Can my computer run Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can my computer run Windows 10?: I currently have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 that’s running Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10, is this possible? submitted by /u/stellaeray [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ik5ouc/can_my_computer_run_windows_10/
  8. Network a Windows computer with another

Network a Windows computer with another: I graduated from a technical school with an A.S.T. in Network Administration and Security and one of my instructors, along with I believe a Windows 7 textbook, explained how to network 2 Windows computers together. I performed this at home with 2 computers I had at that...
  9. I can see another computer on my network but credentals don't work.

I can see another computer on my network but credentals don't work.: I am trying to print to another computer on my home network, I can see the other computer on my network. When I'm asked for network credentials it returns with "the user name or password is incorrect". I know that I am entering the correct information. Windows 10 no longer...
  10. How can I add another computer to my network?

How can I add another computer to my network?: I need to share another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-another-computer-to-my-network/0ef2ad7f-22c0-41a3-9ff5-e037f9ea478c